Gift of exploration

Gift of exploration

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Eks.1238

Eks.1238

Hi,

Few minutes comleted 100% world exploration.
Didnt get Gift of exploration at all.

Mt last point was at WvWvW – so i got only 10 badges of honor.

Please fix this issue..

Gift of exploration

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I encourage you to contact support directly; they will be able to help you troubleshoot this much faster than waiting for ANet to determine if there is a general bug that affects a lot of players, figure out how to replicate it, test solutions, and schedule it to be released in an update.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Gift of exploration

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

Have you tried running out into a PvE zone and see if the reward triggers?

Gift of exploration

Eks.1238

Now i noticed thet i do not have the “star” above my characters name that shows i finished 100% map..
I do have the Title…

Gift of exploration

Eks.1238

Ty guys.. will contact support.

Gift of exploration

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Go to the Chantry of Secrets in Bloodtide Coast, sometimes it solves this issue

Gift of exploration

Posted by: Unknown.2796

Unknown.2796

Port to Fort Triniy (in Straits of Devastation), go to the asura portals and just try all 3 of them.

Location, location, location.

Gift of exploration

Posted by: Qnopsik El Qox.1269

Qnopsik El Qox.1269

Hi,

Few minutes comleted 100% world exploration.
Didnt get Gift of exploration at all.

Mt last point was at WvWvW – so i got only 10 badges of honor.

Please fix this issue..

You get the gift after taking all rewards from all maps… if you missed any of the rewards, you won’t have the gift.
Teleport through all of them once more, remembering specially about Chantry of Secrets, as maddoctor.2738 suggested

Go to the Chantry of Secrets in Bloodtide Coast, sometimes it solves this issue

Because many players visit it in instanced mode during personal story, so don’t take the reward from it. And its one POI is something missed often.

Rozalinda El Qox 80lvl Elem
Tiny Siege Turtles member
Blacktide player

Gift of exploration

Eks.1238

Hi,
Thanks for your answers guys.. but it didnt help.
I triad all 3 portals – all POIs were visited.
Please note i have 100% map cmpletion – All vistas, WPs, POIs, Tasks and Chalanges.
What is really strange is that i got the Tiltle " Been There, Done That"
But i did get the Gift and the star near mt Charecters name.

Gift of exploration

Posted by: Qnopsik El Qox.1269

Qnopsik El Qox.1269

Have you visited once more all maps/areas, and the Chantry of secrets?

100% doesn’t mean you have to get the gift…
Dunno if it wasn’t intended this way or not, but you get the gift after taking/receiving all the rewards for visiting all the maps/areas.

You may have all POIs/Vistas/100% on map, but you could have forgot to take the reward for one of the maps => no gift for you.

So revisit all the maps/areas starting from “Chantry of Secrets”.

Good Luck

Rozalinda El Qox 80lvl Elem
Tiny Siege Turtles member
Blacktide player

Gift of exploration

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Hey Eks, I’ve run into the same problem (last night) still having the problem.

My post is here for reference.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/100-World-Completion-no-rewards-1/first#post1462087

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

Gift of exploration

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

The other day I mentioned this in my guild chat and someone asked me all these questions to which I answered the proverbial “yes” to. Then he said did you click on that gold star above your mini map yet? I had not done that because I was unaware you were to click on it.

Sure enough, once I clicked on it I got my gifts. I think Anet needs to make that star much more obvious and shake just like the chests that appear there for zone completions. I would never have thought to do that because that star just sat there doing nothing but looking pretty.

Check your screen and see if you have that star and click on it if you do. Hope this helps.

Gift of exploration

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I could be wrong, because I haven’t completed it yet myself, but as I understand it when they added Southsun Cove the POIs and WPs were not added to the totals required to get 100% world completion, yet they count towards it.

Which means there is the possibility that you could get “100%” and still have a zone or two not actually finished. It depends on whether the gifts are given for reaching 100% or for exploring the whole “original” map. Again I’m not sure since I have not completed it yet myself, but I’d open the world map and hover over the zone names to see if any are sitting at 99%, just to be sure.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Gift of exploration

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I never got a zone completion from Southsun and do not think it is included for the world map completion. Unless this has changed recently.

Gift of exploration

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Just as an update, I posted earlier I could not get my reward. I ran again through each map today, and finally found it (yes, somehow I missed opening a chest until I got into the map for the third time -_- *sigh).

Anyway, just run around to each zone, and hopefully youll find the chest that you didnt open that will give you the world completion rewards.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

Gift of exploration

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

@lynspottery
Sorry, I didn’t mean that Southsun has a map completion, just that each of the WPs and POIs counted towards your world totals.

@pulsecodesgnl
Do you mean a chest other than one of the blue and gold ones that appear above the mini map? If so what chest were you missing?

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon