Gilded Hollow texture change bug.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: agenciq.8043

agenciq.8043

So, long story short during Halloween event my guild and I bought a lot of “Pumpkin” decorations for the guild hall through the merchant located in the Guild Hall.

We placed the pumpkins making an awesome jumping puzzle for the guild to enjoy and with one of the latest game updates, textures in the Gilded Hollow got changed without any notice rendering the jumping puzzle inaccessible or even visible.

Problem: Without access to the part of the jumping puzzle where the pumpkins were placed, we can not delete them thus we can’t get the pumpkins back. Furthermore, the pumpkins are places now INSIDE of the new textures making it impossible to delete with the current decoration system even if they would be visible.

I wouldn’t even bother to make a topic on the forums or contacting support about this if we would talk about 10 or 20 pumpkins, but we are talking here about hundreds of missing pumpkins (and other decorations) that are now lost in space of textures.

Solution: Tool that will enable you to “delete” all/or specific type of placed decorations thus putting them back in the guild decoration storage.

Contacting support resulted in pretty much letting me know that they can’t help me which is funny because they informed me about that in the xxenth email instead of the first one. I wouldn’t bother then sending any more mails if they can’t do anything about it anyway.

Hello again xxxxxxxxx,

While we understand your guildies and you would rather have a refund for the furniture that was purchased, unfortunately we are not able to delete or provide any refund individually. Additionally I would also let you know that the support team is not able to restore or change anything regarding guildhalls or guild banks thus we will be unable to fulfill any request regarding these topics.

However we do thank you for your in game report, and rest assured that all of these reports are reviewed by the appropriate team and will be handled as soon as possible.

Regards,

GM Fenrir
Guild Wars 2 Support Team

Another thing I’d like to point out is, everyone knew the Guild Halls were rushed and they are not completely finished but ArenaNet just changing the textures without any notice before hand or a handle for already placed decorations in the parts that are going to be changed is a massive oversight.

My guild and I will be very disappointed if this issue won’t be addressed.

Also I would like to warn everyone: Hold off on placing decorations at this moment since first of all they are expensive and second you will never know apparently when there’s going to be a texture change in the guild hall making your decorations useless.

For those wondering where is the texture change:
The textures were changed in Gilded Hollow waaaayyy above the Guild portal (right from the crystal main hall/room). There is an updraft there now that doesn't work by the way but it might work with unlocking GH exploration, can't confirm that tho at this point.

Agentka
Former TXS Alliance Leader,
now Northern Lights EU community Leader

Posted by: Sekuso Trez.8345

Sekuso Trez.8345

Yeah, this problem is really annoying, especially since for now you can’t get more of these pumpkins :/

Posted by: Applelotte.8467

Applelotte.8467

Had the same problem, I really wish you could get those back..

Posted by: Symbolic Flame.8326

Symbolic Flame.8326

Ye this needs to be solved as soon as possible!

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Ok maybe there is some terminology issue here… what do you mean with “texture”? From what I know, changing textures shouldn’t block any other objects. Textures are like merely a “skin” of the objects, unless you mean that the pumpkin decorations became invisible. Also, it’s not possible to have objects “inside textures”, like I said textures are like a “skin”. However, I believe you are talking about the “geometry”, that’s basically the objects used to form the landscape, like rocks, buildings, floor, etc… the objects themselves. If so, then I can imagine how your decorations got stuck and that’s annoying indeed.

Posted by: Cheerful George.3960

Cheerful George.3960

We´re missing decorations because they are stuck inside of the textures too, it really would help to get some sort of tool to let us retrieve them.

Posted by: Shraga.7648

Shraga.7648

Yea that happened to my guild aswell, please do something about it anet.

agenciq.8043

Would be really nice if someone from anet took notice of this issue ;<

Agentka

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

I think the only solution for your Guild is to abandon Gilded Hollow and Capture Lost Precipice … by swapping Guild Halls all your stuff is transferred into the new one.( back in the guild inventory ) then capture Gilded Hollow again.

agenciq.8043

I think the only solution for your Guild is to abandon Gilded Hollow and Capture Lost Precipice … by swapping Guild Halls all your stuff is transferred into the new one.( back in the guild inventory ) then capture Gilded Hollow again.

We know that this is one way to do it but then it would be nice if anet would send us 200 gold just to get our pumpkins back

Agentka