Gliding Bug In Central Tyria [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: hypnoticangel.7328

hypnoticangel.7328

Found a launch pad in MM near the drop spot for Mark II Golem. I tried it, and it is said “You have a found a launch pad. Train Gliding Basics in the Gliding mastery to be able to deploy your glider midlaunch.”

Tried to launch, and it won’t launch. Now, before you say I need Gliding Basics mastery, I already have it. I’m working on the Stealth Gliding mastery at the moment. The launch pad won’t even do a basic launch, and it keeps telling me that I need to train the mastery – when I already have it trained and in use on my account.

Bug? Or does the launch pad only work at certain times? Can anyone use it?

Posted by: Mirai Okumori.6205

Mirai Okumori.6205

it does the same thing for ones i found in steeleye span and caer shadowfane. The ones for the shatter fight work fine though, except it keeps popping up that same message all the time

Posted by: hypnoticangel.7328

hypnoticangel.7328

Glad to know it isn’t just me.

Posted by: ChrisP.4386

ChrisP.4386

Noticed this on my wife’s character also. I can use the pad in MM, but it tells her she needs to train basic gliding mastery (which she already has). Same thing at the Irwin Isle jump pad. Works for me, but not for her. I’ve trained all the way through ley line.

Terryn Deathward
Footsteps of War [FoW]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: The Isz.2346

The Isz.2346

Found another one in Harathi Hinterlands North of the H in Harathi. Near Drakken’s Den.

Alliance For A Grub Free Ebg [Grub] – Blackgate
Sept 17th 2013 the day WvW died.
Gaming @ 5670×1080

Posted by: The Isz.2346

The Isz.2346

found a 2nd one at viewed vista by Grey Gritta’s Waypoint in Harathi Hinterlands.

Alliance For A Grub Free Ebg [Grub] – Blackgate
Sept 17th 2013 the day WvW died.
Gaming @ 5670×1080

Posted by: TerrorBite.7603

TerrorBite.7603

Same here, with a launch pad found in Sparkfly Fen. I have trained as far as Lean Techniques, but have yet to train Stealth Gliding.

Are players with Ley Line Gliding unaffected by this? Perhaps the pads are accidentally set to require the entire mastery line instead of just the first mastery.

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

So far from what I’ve discovered is you have to completely have gliding mastered. However my friends’ say the description just tells them “basics” which they already have. I have gliding completely done and can use them. I’m guessing this is some sort of bug.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

I’m having the same problem. I have Advanced Gliding and all the XP needed to unlock Ley Line, but not enough mastery points to do it yet. People I know who have Ley Line unlocked are able to use the launch pads while everyone I know who can’t use them does not have Ley Line yet.

I wonder if it could be related to the problem people are now having unlocking Glider Basics? If they fix that, then maybe our problem will be solved at the same time. One can only hope.

Posted by: TheManowar.2014

TheManowar.2014

I was in Iron Marches and I noticed a launch pad near the Gladefall Run WP which I never saw before. I tried to use it, but it appeared a message saying I needed to unlock the Gliding Basics mastery. The fact is, I already unlocked it, as it can be seen in the image. Is it a bug?
Character was Torald Haryander, Norn Berserker level 80.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments:

Posted by: Nitrosiili.5628

Nitrosiili.5628

Launh pad at Drygroung Village doesn’t work. I have basic gliding mastery unlocked and it does not fling me in the air. Here is a picture also.

Attachments: