Glitches in Fractals that Need to be Fixed

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

ANet is quick to fix exploits. ANet is, however, very slow to fix anything that is a glitch that hurts the players, which we might call an exploit in favor of the enemies. Fractals has many of these, and they need to be addressed.

• Snowblind Fractal: The boss can die while on the ledge where he cannot be reached, meaning his loot is stuck up there.
  • Snowblind Fractal: While running to the end boss from the elemental event, if a class uses a teleport skill while hugging the right wall, they have a very high chance of getting stuck inside of the wall and being unable to continue with the group (mobs cannot kill them). They have to leave the instance and come back to continue.
  • Snowblind fractal: Activating the flag to get late access into the last boss fight will leave a player stuck in ice until they free themselves.
  • Swamp Fractal: Mossman will only ever activate his Wolf Form transformation at 25% if you initiate the fractal, go back to the hub, and then get the fractal again. He will never transform if it is the first time your group is in the Swamp fractal.
  • Swamp Fractal: Bloomhunger’s agony-inflicting red circles do not show up on the areas of the floor that are in shallow water.
  • Grawl Fractal: In the hallway with the rolling boulders, the veteran vampire bats will only ever spawn if you initiate the fractal, go back to the hub, and then get the fractal again. They never appear otherwise.
  • Dredge Fractal: If you get this fractal and then go back to hub and then get this fractal again, the enemies do not despawn and there are double present.
  • Dredge Fractal: When the Dredge jump out of the car at the last event before the boss, they are invulnerable and stand around doing nothing for multiple seconds after they have landed on the ground.
  • Asuran Fractal: Harpies go invulnerable frequently while shooting you; the only way to fix this is to get on the same platform as the harpy, which puts you at danger and nullifies many long-range builds in the process.
  • Asuran Fractal: Many times when you fall, you will not get downed, you will be automatically killed, causing armor damage.
  • Asuran Fractal: There are locations where you can fall and you won’t be teleported / downed, you will just fall forever into nowhere.
  • Cliffside Fractal: Events do not properly reset to their pre-start state when the party wipes; they will continue spawning the same mobs. They should reset to the state where only a few mobs exist, and only if they die do new mobs spawn.
  • Cliffside Fractal: If you are at the stage where you need to break the seals on both arms, you can kill the initial group on both sides to have large groups spawn on both sides. If you now exit to the hub, restart, and get to Cliffside again, the large groups will still be there.
  • Cliffside Fractal: Chanters during the final boss encounter often aren’t dazed and can attack you while the players are locked out of all skills and dazed.
  • Cliffside Fractal: The first time you engage the final boss, he will begin spawning the agony-inflicting wells before the players can react while their skills are disabled and they are dazed.
  • Cliffside Fractal: At the chest seal event when the novices point at the players, they will often become invulnerable to players if attacked while pointing, and can stay invulnerable for several seconds after they begin engaging and attacking the players.
  • Cliffside Fractal: The final boss can still be made to drop his hammer repeatedly even if the players are disabled, allowing players to power through the seals without having to dps the boss significantly.
  • Underwater Fractal: A Krait at the first cage has a very high chance of pathing into the ceiling and getting stuck there.
  • Urban Fractal: There is a bug (I think if you roll ascalon repeatedly and don’t do it the first couple of times) where the veteran mobs won’t follow your group.
  • Urban Fractal: Unless the entire team wipes, the veteran mobs that follow you will not respawn. If surviving members get out of combat and then the remaining players revive, the mobs do not revive as well.
  • Solid Ocean Fractal: The tentacles, when doing their knockback sweep attack, do not have red circles indicating their AOE (this is particularly relevant because their actual aoe is larger than their physical model’s aoe).
  • Solid Ocean Fractal: The Irukandji still damage, stun, and poison players even if they die during their stealth duration.
  • Solid Ocean Fractal: The tentacles continue casting their skills if they were initiated before they died. These attacks cannot be blinded because they get all their conditions removed when they ‘die’.
  • Solid Ocean Fractal: Dead pets can still be targeted by the Jade Maw.

If you know of any more I’ve missed, please let me know. I’d like to keep this list up-to-date so that the developers can actually fix things and do something helpful for the players. Cheers!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

Cliffside Fractal: If you are at the stage where you need to break the seals on both arms, you can kill the initial group on both sides to have large groups spawn on both sides. If you now exit to Dessa’s lab, restart and get to Cliffside again, the large groups will still be there.

Rising Dusk.2408

Good one! I’ve never reset that fractal so far in, but that’s definitely a glitch that needs to be resolved. I’ve updated the OP.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Cliffside final boss:
Chanters often aren t dazed and can attack you while hammer respawn while players are locked out of all skills and dazed.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Rising Dusk.2408

Ah, good one. I also forgot to mention that the first time you engage the boss there, he can spawn wells on you while your skills are disabled, slapping you with stacks of agony before you can even dodge.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Thanks for this feedback thread. We will forward it to the team.

Please keep the info rolling

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Dredge Fractal: The dredge that come out of the armory truck in the champion fight room stay invulnerable for a few seconds, makes this event take even longer then it should.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

From last patch notes

Cliffside: Players can no longer exploit the final boss by keeping him stunned in an emote loop.

This is in fact not fixed, unless there were 2 ways of doing it.

Posted by: Bonecrusher.8573

Bonecrusher.8573

From last patch notes

Cliffside: Players can no longer exploit the final boss by keeping him stunned in an emote loop.

This is in fact not fixed, unless there were 2 ways of doing it.

Agreed. Did a 36 run post-patch and they got him to drop the hammer continuously no problem. What I DON’T like is getting completely locked out of my skills after hitting the seal. One should be able to hit a stun-breaker here like it was before.

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

correct me if im wrong but I dont believe bloomhungers circles are suppose to show while in water. Even if its shallow. I hug a tree and range it anyway.

Posted by: vapor.5390

vapor.5390

Cliffside: at fireseal part at the beginnig of combat and when coming out from the firearea mobs often become invulnerable for sometime, at high levels this can be deadly if not paying attention when those veterans can roam freely for a moment.

Rising Dusk.2408

correct me if im wrong but I dont believe bloomhungers circles are suppose to show while in water. Even if its shallow. I hug a tree and range it anyway.

I can’t say for sure because I am not an ANet developer on the dungeon team, but in my opinion, if an enemy skill that usually has an aoe indicator doesn’t over certain terrain, I’d call that a bug.

I’m adding the others that have been mentioned to the OP. Please keep in mind, guys, that we need to avoid suggestions and keep this to things that are clearly bugs or behavior issues. For instance, even though the Dredge popping out of their clown car invulnerable is annoying, it seems very intentional because of their animation and not like a bug at all.

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

Uncategorized Fractal:

• Harpies constantly become invulnerable, but they often keep attacking you while they’re still invulnerable from reseting previously.
  • The “crazy” asura boss at the end spams its dialogue (“All of us, abandon..”) when players cross a certain line/tripwire, also when players revive at checkpoint or leave the fractal.

Jade Maw:

• The Irukandji still damage, stun and poison players if they died during their stealth duration.
  • The tentacles continue casting their skills if those were started before they died. These attacks cannot be blinded because they get all their conditions removed when they “die”.

Undergroud:

• The map is full with multiple untargetable (but attackable) objects near almost every door (and the dredge car which spawns them), that count towards AOE hit limit of 5, reducing the amount of dredge enemies hit by cleave and AOE attacks severely and keeping players in combat almost all the time.
  • Dredge Bombers aren’t immune to blind.

Underwater:

• The Giant Jellyfish’s “eat” ability has infinite range – got hit by it from 1200+ range. If it’s used on a necro in Deathsroud, the skill bugs out and the necro won’t get eaten, but the Jellyfish will keep the “Eat” buff until it expires by itself.
  • If any monsters are hit by knockbacks/blowouts/fears, they can pass through walls or the ceiling.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

Rising Dusk.2408

Some of those are already in the OP, and some I’m not sure are glitches or not. The Jellyfish’s eat, for instance, is undodgeable, but you can interrupt it regardless of his stacks of defiant, which makes it okay.

The notes on the solid ocean fractal are solid, though. I’ve added them to the OP.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

champion dredge is now considered a trebouchet in www -.-

swirling wind and guardian skills can no longer absorb his ranged attack
Its was already annoying….fix it

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Oega Boogabooga.6207

Oega Boogabooga.6207

• Snowblind Fractal: The boss can die while on the ledge where he cannot be reached, meaning his loot is stuck up there.

you can time killing him, ive done over 800 fractals and ive never managed to kill him up there(even have tryed

• Swamp Fractal: Bloomhunger’s agony-inflicting red circles do not show up on the areas of the floor that are in shallow water.

it does, you just dont see it trough the water, and that should change your tactics to stay away from the water

• Asuran Fractal: Harpies go invulnerable frequently while shooting you; the only way to fix this is to get on the same platform as the harpy, which puts you at danger and nullifies many long-range builds in the process.

that has to do with the fact that your fighting him from somewhere where he cant attack you

• Asuran Fractal: Many times when you fall, you will not get downed, you will be automatically killed, causing armor damage.

thats because you get downed while falling

• Cliffside Fractal: Events do not properly reset to their pre-start state when the party wipes; they will continue spawning the same mobs. They should reset to the state where only a few mobs exist, and only if they die do new mobs spawn.

is that how its supposed to be or how you want it to be? i have never seen anet state its supposed to be the way you want it to be.

random characters here

Rising Dusk.2408

Of course there are ways to get around the bugs, but that doesn’t make them not bugs or something that ANet shouldn’t address. I’ve done so many L48 fractal dailies that I know all the tricks to avoiding the glitches or getting around them. They aren’t game-breaking, and they aren’t show-stopping, but they absolutely should be fixed regardless.

And for the record, I’ve had harpies go invulnerable to me while they are shooting me with their arrows in the middle of their attack animations. I’ve also been auto-killed while falling even if I’m not downed as I fall, and so have many other players I run with.

is that how its supposed to be or how you want it to be? i have never seen anet state its supposed to be the way you want it to be.

The events reset the HP of the seals, so it is clearly attempting to reset; it just doesn’t reset all the way. It certainly appears to be a bug. Honestly I can beat it either way and have multiple times, so I don’t really have an opinion in the matter. However, for all intents and purposes it looks to be a bug, and until an ANet developer says otherwise, it should be on the list.

Oega Boogabooga.6207

your right and the svanir dying up on his ledge isnt a bug, thats just the place he was killed so no more than logical that he leaves his body & loot there.

the harpy’s going invulnerable is no bug either, it happens because they cant attack you
and to prevent you from killing em all from some unreachable spot they made em go invulnerable, ive never had happen what you said so im gona stick to my opinion

you instant dying when falling with the harpys is no bug either, it happens when you get downed and you start flying after OR when you start flying and you get downed in the air, same on this one, i dont have it happen that often sometimes it does seem strange (may also have to do with the downed points you have) i dunno gona stick to my own opinion on this one as wel

the collosus chanters not resseting is a point of discussion

also, the points i diddnt name im either not sure or i agree with

random characters here

(edited by Oega Boogabooga.6207)

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

No,NO,NO! I can stand on the platform right next to the harpy and it will go invulnerable. It is a bug.

Oega Boogabooga.6207

ive NEVER had that happen tho.
and yes ive had it happen a few times that they went invulnerable but that is when the guy that has the aggro from the harpy falls off to the bottom and the harpy cant reach him there

wich would be a valid reason to go invulnerable
also fits in your story

random characters here

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

For instance, even though the Dredge popping out of their clown car invulnerable is annoying, it seems very intentional because of their animation and not like a bug at all.

After reading this I got dredge at FotM 48 last night and paid attention when they were coming out of the cart since we full melee them.

It’s not an animation, it lasts like 5 seconds. The animation is like 2-3 seconds. The invulnerable lasts way past where it should.

Also they bug out throughtout the fight after spawning. I specifically remember a time where we had 2 dredge left in a spawn, and they suddenly became un-attackable with like 25% health left for a few seconds. I have my fotm 30 dredge guide recorded that should be going up soon once I commentate it for more footage as well, but having fought spawns and mobs in every other place besides this cart, and having melee stacked on this cart probably 100 times now, the behavior of the dredge does not seem intentional unless Anet likes coding buggy mobs that are unique to this specific fight.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: ragingpuma.4618

ragingpuma.4618

Idk if it has been mentioned here or if it can be classed as helping the enemies but I just wanna add the glitch where you fall and you don’t die so you are stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Snowblind fractal – Activating the flag to get late access into the last boss fight will leave a player stuck in ice until they free themselves
Harpy fractal – Red circles are still often not visible on the islands.
Solid Ocean Fractal – Whenever any mobs are alive on the islands, the respawn point for falling players seems to change to the most fatal position possible. I don’t see why the falling respawn point should be anywhere other than the safe spot where players enter the fractal.

Posted by: xephyr.8954

xephyr.8954

and yes ive had it happen a few times that they went invulnerable but that is when the guy that has the aggro from the harpy falls off to the bottom and the harpy cant reach him there

also fits in your story

Just because it’s never happened to you doesn’t mean that the bug doesn’t exist.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I just had my dead pet targeted by the Jade Maw. I heard this wasn’t supposed to happen any more.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

also fits in your story

Just because it’s never happened to you doesn’t mean that the bug doesn’t exist.

I just had that bug happened to me today on level 30. 2 players were meleeing him from the front & I jumped to the back. It’s flashing invulnerable for me but the other 2s still could kill him.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

I can confirm that the invulnerable harpy thing happens to me – while I’m meleeing the bloody harpy standing right in front of it. (EDIT: This happened less than 24 hours ago)

Also I don’t know if it’s a bug but in the Dredge fractal, you don’t get hit by those one-hit-down shockwaves from the Champ Rabsovich whatever his name is if you’re standing on the highest point of the pipes.

And yeah you can still do the scenic climb around the outside of the first cage to jump into the cage you do the buttons/control panel.

EDIT #2: There was something in the Shaman fractal but I forgot the specifics. I think it’s stacking inside the first boss/meleeing? Stops the bubble you have to break with an infused stone from spawning. Or is that considered a valid strategy?

(edited by lcpdragonslayer.7895)

FourthVariety.5463

How do we treat double agony?

The Mossman’s bouncing axe can result in a player getting two stacks of agony.

On the one hand, the rules of the axe are the rules. The situation ins which this happens are rather specific, two players standing close, all other far away, but can be reproduced.

On the other hand, there aren’t really separate reaction windows or avoidance opportunities. If you are too late by the fraction of the second, you might end up with one stack, instead of zero or two. It is a luck thing.

How do we treat targeting the underside of Harpy platforms?

Technically they can shoot back with heir knockdown attack, if you go to the “right” spot. Technically, the lame angle of their bow attack is not my fault. Still, it feels as if this is something the game should fix.

Rising Dusk.2408

After reading this I got dredge at FotM 48 last night and paid attention when they were coming out of the cart since we full melee them.

I got it recently and looked at it too… I tend to agree that the invulnerable should probably not be as long as it is. I’ll mark it in the OP because it’s rather annoying and the Dredge literally just stand there doing nothing for 4 seconds or so.

Snowblind fractal – Activating the flag to get late access into the last boss fight will leave a player stuck in ice until they free themselves

This is a really good one.

I just had my dead pet targeted by the Jade Maw. I heard this wasn’t supposed to happen any more.

Yeah, that’s a good point too. He shouldn’t target pets that are already dead.

How do we treat double agony?

Pretty sure this is normal behavior. The ice ele boss can stack up to 6 stacks of agony on you if you stand in his pulsing agony melee attack or if the icicle drops layer over each other. I think this is normal behavior.

Idk if it has been mentioned here or if it can be classed as helping the enemies but I just wanna add the glitch where you fall and you don’t die so you are stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Yep, good one. I’ve had this happen to me, too.

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

Cliffside needs some particular attention. The Arm seals have become incredibly difficult and kinda glitchy.

If you target a guy on the right seal to not be killed he will not break aggro unless the entire team is stacked in the giant mob of hate on the left seal. For some party comps, this is just unwinnable. Haven’t tried going back to the right seal, next time I’m in there will give it a shot.

After breaking the left seal, the animation played, the seal shattered and we ran to the other side. After hitting the right seal we noticed that the left seal had healed while we were working on the right one, and the shield went up around the right one. We got a charge, ran back to the right side and there was no seal to target. Holding CTRL showed the word “Arm seal” where it should have been, but positioning to actually break it was difficult.

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

Asuran fractal: Sometimes when you fall you are teleported to the beginning.

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

Swamp: if whoever the mossman is aggroed on continues to run without stopping or making quick turns mossman will stay in stealth.

Posted by: ragingpuma.4618

ragingpuma.4618

Does Mossman still 1hit you while invisable or did they fix that. I haven’t done fractals in a while

FourthVariety.5463

Ascalon Fractal:
Today, player portraits did not reset after the fractal. It was the first one we got, I entered from LA when everybody was just in and I did not enter Dessa’s lab. Do not know, if that has something to do with it.

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

i have a good one: Fractal of the mist

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: Clipbord.8726

Clipbord.8726

Cliff side bugged, we killed both seals left and right, gate did not open, so we could not progress. Doesn’t happen often, but does happen.

Aleth.9630

Swamp: if whoever the mossman is aggroed on continues to run without stopping or making quick turns mossman will stay in stealth.

That’s not exactly a bug, that’s just stupid design; just like when you block/reflect/invul/dodge his attacks from stealth and yet he still stays in stealth until he hits (~oneshots on higher levels) something. The only way to take him out of stealth is to have him strike a mesmer illusion by going next to one.

Posted by: Erebus.3897

Erebus.3897

Solid Ocean: At some locations, if you fall you will fall for a long time, and finally end up in a water instance that connects to dredge and ascalonian fractals, you will not me able to wp, or quit to hub and back, since you’ll then kick everyone out if you own the instance….

Commander Gladius Deum [ART]
Gate of Madness

Aleth.9630

Ascalon:
Ashym’s retal and protection stays up after a party wipe.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Solid Ocean: At some locations, if you fall you will fall for a long time, and finally end up in a water instance that connects to dredge and ascalonian fractals, you will not me able to wp, or quit to hub and back, since you’ll then kick everyone out if you own the instance….

Character selection screen is your best friend.

Rising Dusk.2408

Believe it or not, I actually ran out of space in the OP for all of the bugs, so I will begin work compiling another post near the top to include the new ones people have listed. Meanwhile, I have a new bug of my own to add:

• Cliffside Fractal: If you wipe against the final boss and there are still mobs alive at the boss area, they will teleport to your team when you revive and begin attacking you there as opposed to vanishing and properly resetting.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Urban Fractal: Team wiped, veteran NPCs spawned at the gate but not following you. You have to fight the group of mages nearby to have the NPC wiped. If you have killed those mages before, SOL. And the loop could occur again. It happened at the 3rd fractal before the Maw.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)