Glitchy Bags

Glitchy Bags

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Steal Chest.8214

Steal Chest.8214

So ever since today’s patch (or maybe since I got Inventory Shared slot, since I got it since patch), my bags are being very glitchy. Every single time I close my inventory tab and reopen it, every tab will be closed except the Start pack. It used to keep the bags open if I had them open and the ones I had closed would still be closed. Now, they’re always all closed and the starter will be open, even if I open the others and close the starter bag. That’s a small bug but it’s really getting on my nerves. I basically have to close my starter bag everytime I try to look at my loot and open the other ones to salvage (which happens very very very often). I’ve asked around and it seems like I’m the only person with this bug?

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Rei Mizser.7651

Rei Mizser.7651

I’m having the same issue

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Happening to me, too. For what it’s worth, this only seems to happen on one character for me – the character with every bag slot unlocked.

Glitchy Bags

Steal Chest.8214

I went on my other chars to look, it seemed fine until I closed a bag tab… now that char has the curse too x.x

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: MoonT.6845

MoonT.6845

Getting this also. Really having a negative effect in WvW, I don’t have time to open each bag when searching for disablers or siege when I’m in the middle of a fight, my bags need to be open and able to see all of my items instantly.

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Nesnalica.4673

Nesnalica.4673

I just bought the shared account slots (5 pieces) and upon activation my whole inventory is messed up now. My first bag is always open (http://puu.sh/mun8k/cd50531ee4.jpg) and the others are not open.

when I open/collapse them manually and when I close/open my inventory they hide again. this is really annoying because in the 3 years I played I have made my own system and this is really unplayable for me.

Attachments:

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: lokh.2695

lokh.2695

I’m having the same issue here.

- bought 3 slots for 1890 gems
- shared slot, 20-slot basic bag and random bag on 3rd bag slot are open when i open the inventory, open/close toggle works perfectly on all bags and open/close status on bags does not save when closing the window
- opened shared slot delivery on my main
- main is the only character showing this behavior
- main is the only character with maxed out inventory/bag slots

I think the idea of shared inventory space is great, that’s why i bought the item and i’m not complaining about the price. Would buy again, but would be very happy if this could get a hotfix.

Thx a lot

+ : Keyrings, Underwater-Combat, Build Templates
- : Mounts, ViP-Player systems, HoT-like Xpacs
Have a nice day.

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Nesnalica.4673

Nesnalica.4673

I made uploaded clip on this issue

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

My friend was actually complaining about this exact same issue yesterday. It’s definitely present since the purchase of the account bound inventory slots.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Atheos.9347

Atheos.9347

Happening to me as well. Only on the character who opened the mail and slotted the Shared Inventory Slots after buying the 5 pack.

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: DragonSquid.5873

DragonSquid.5873

same bug
All bags close every time except the top spot and the perm. slots

Glitchy Bags

Steal Chest.8214

Seems like they don’t me to play my main lately, first they messed up mesmers for a whole day and now this. Even a patch with fixes but nothing for our bags

I sent a ticket but never got a reply… as usual.

(edited by Steal Chest.8214)

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Matt Dragontamer.3506

Matt Dragontamer.3506

I am having this issue as well. And it started when I purchased the Shared Bag Slots.

• By just pressing “I” for my inventory, the Shared bag slot and Starter pack opens.
  • By minimizing the Shared slots, close, then reopen the inventory GUI, ALL bags are minimized.
  • By opening the shared slots only, close, then reopen the inventory GUI, it opens the Shared slots and the Starter Pack.

If I open any other bag, close and re-open the inventory GUI, it doesn’t save the last setting and reverts to a minimized form.

I hope to see this fixed soon, it’s getting annoying.

In addition, can you please make the Shared slot bag movable in the bag list, I prefer having the items (such as my salvage bags) in bag slot 4 and not at the top.

Thanks

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: James Quall.6029

James Quall.6029

Yeah I have the same problem. Quick and dirty solution is to go to your inventory options and hide bags so your inventory is all one bag because then none of the bags are collapsed, but I don’t prefer that layout because it doesn’t distinguish which inventory slots are of my invisible bags and which aren’t.

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Same here, also bought and activated shared slots on this char.

Every other char is fine, but my tempest is my main character, and it is driving me CRAZY to have to open all bags EVERY time I open inventory.

Glitchy Bags

Yasi.9065

To fix it: reslot your bags.

Have fun. I didnt.

Glitchy Bags

Steal Chest.8214

To fix it: reslot your bags.

Have fun. I didnt.

What do you mean, reslot your bags?

Glitchy Bags

Yasi.9065

Empty em, take them out of their bag slot on the side, put them in starter bag.

Then put them back in their slot and they stay open.

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Same thing happening here. Bags are always closed when I open my inventory.

Glitchy Bags

Ameepa.6793

Empty em, take them out of their bag slot on the side, put them in starter bag.

Then put them back in their slot and they stay open.

Didn’t work.

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: arrayano.8401

arrayano.8401

Hey guys, I think I found a work-around for this bug (it works for me at least).

- Open your inventory and close the shared inventory tab, then close your inventory and open it again (all your tabs should show closed now).
- Open all your inventory tabs starting from the bottom one by clicking on the tab and not the bag icon, once they are all open close your inventory and done.

I have disconnected and change characters and it seems to be working for me, but as soon as I touch the shared inventory tab it gets all messed up again and have to repeat this to fix. Hopefully ArenaNet will soon fix this but meanwhile here is a work-around for you all.

(edited by arrayano.8401)

Glitchy Bags

Ameepa.6793

Hey guys, I think I found a work-around for this bug (it works for me at least).

- Open your inventory and close the shared inventory tab, then close your inventory and open it again (all your tabs should show closed now).
- Open all your inventory tabs starting from the bottom one by clicking on the tab and not the bag icon, once they are all open close your inventory and done.

I have disconnected and change characters and it seems to be working for me, but as soon as I touch the shared inventory tab it gets all messed up again and have to repeat this to fix. Hopefully ArenaNet will soon fix this but meanwhile here is a work-around for you all.

That’s a good find. It actually worked, but like you said, right after using something in the shared slot it gets bugged again

Glitchy Bags

Ameepa.6793

One more thing is that it happens only on a character that has maximum bag slots unlocked. No problems on characters that does not have all.

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: SgtWantCuddles.5284

SgtWantCuddles.5284

This also worked for me and lasted through exiting out of GW2 and logging back in. I can use items in the shared storage without issues, but if I accidentally minimize the shared storage tab, the issues start again. Thanks for the help!

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Necrotic.7820

Necrotic.7820

I too have been experiencing this, however I do not have all bag slots unlocked on my character who opened the Shared inventory slot. One short of that. The above work-around seems to work for now.

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

no matters what i do .. even when using some workaround listed here … my bags will eventually reset and close .. please A.net fix this or at least acknowledge the bug

I almost regret my shared inventory slots purchase because of this bug , it’s super annoying.

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Juurekas.8310

Juurekas.8310

For me this is happening on my revenant, who was not the char I used when buying the shared inventory slots!
I got the slots on another char on Sunday and haven’t had any problems before today. I logged several characters in yesterday, not the revenant though, and didn’t notice anything funny. But today I decided to get some HPs on my revenant, and she has this annoying bug with her bags. Two first bags remain open, the rest three always appear closed when opening inventory or bank.

Glitchy Bags

Yasi.9065

The trigger really seems to be minimizing the shared inventory tab. So avoid that at any costs and you are fine.

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Same issue and it annoys the hell out of me. The reason i payed all those gems even though it was expensive as hell, was to make my game convenient which i favor a lot. Instead i get grumpy each time i open the bag because i have to open all my bags over and over and over again.
And no it is not the minimizing that triggers it. I never minimize mine because i hate having it that way, it stresses me and i still have the bug

Glitchy Bags

Farming Flats.5370

found another way to fix it temporarily ..

Open all your bags
Exit the game
Delete Local.dat file, located in appdata/Guild Wars 2/

Your inventory will be fixed .. but if by accident you minimize a bag or the shared inventory tab the Curse of the Great Collapse will return.

Note : deleting Local.dat file will reset your volume sliders settings and account/pass infos in the launcher.

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Ralith Arkane.8371

Ralith Arkane.8371

This has also been happening to me constantly. Any word on if and when it might be fixed? It’s very frustrating. ><

Yak’s Bend (NA) | Anne | Co-Leader of Angry Intent [AI]

Why should you never let a yak handle your paper clips? —Because Yak’s Bend!

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

Glitchy Bags

Farming Flats.5370

stop posting this link everywhere IT DONT WORK. If you touch your shared inventory slot tab the bug return

we need a permanent fix. not a work around

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: burntcrispy.4527

burntcrispy.4527

This worked for me too, thanks for sharing, much simpler solution than some.

It was really driving me nuts, it’s good to have a simple work around until they fix the bug; Which at this rate probably won’t be until next Tuesday, assuming they can or did find the cause.

Glitchy Bags

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

so I have actually found a fix that does not get undone, if you replace your bags with an empty bag and switch back they will not close again.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.