Gold to gems cheat

Gold to gems cheat

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Not a cheat.
There is a range. 5g might buy 100 gems, but so might 5g 3s.
10 seconds later your 5g might buy 102 gems, or 97 gems.
The cost of gems varies every single second as you can see with the refreshing of the amount of gems your entered amount can purchase when you increase/decrease the amount.

Yeah, it is more ideal to tweak the copper or silver to enter the absolute lowest amount possible to buy the displayed amount of gems. Then again, I think that when you purchase those 100 gems you are actually charged the absolute lowest amount of coin for that amount of gems; I enter 5g 3s for 100 gems, hit buy, 5g is the low end of the range and that is what I am actually charged, not the 5g 3s I had entered.

Now, if I enter 5g and see it will buy 100 gems, if I sit at that screen for 5-20 seconds and then click buy, I will receive the 100 gems but as the low end of the range to buy 100 gems is now 5g 3s, I’ll actually get charged 5g 3s even though I only entered 5g. Or it could be that my entered 5g will only buy 98 gems, and that is what I will actually have delivered to me as I doubt they’d charge you more than you selected as willing to spend and entered, but would rather deliver the fewer gems that your entered 5g will actually buy.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Gold to gems cheat

Posted by: Darabolok.1803

Darabolok.1803

You know that the gold to gem market is working like the stock exchange don’t you? The price of one gem can change minute by minute. Currently one gem costs 6.75s. For 200 gems, that is 13,52g. The problem is, you can’t say you want to buy 200 gem. You can type in the gold, and see how much gem you can get for it. You need to pay 13.5875g for 201 gem, so if you type in any value between the two, you still only get 200. The extra is for tax
Now, in your video, you managed to get down the price by 10s. For 200 gems, that means the gem price went down by ~5c in the 3 minutes while you were trying.

Gold to gems cheat

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Oh.. I had no idea it worked like that, thanks.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Gold to gems cheat

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

You know that the gold to gem market is working like the stock exchange don’t you? The price of one gem can change minute by minute. Currently one gem costs 6.75s. For 200 gems, that is 13,52g. The problem is, you can’t say you want to buy 200 gem. You can type in the gold, and see how much gem you can get for it. You need to pay 13.5875g for 201 gem, so if you type in any value between the two, you still only get 200. The extra is for tax
Now, in your video, you managed to get down the price by 10s. For 200 gems, that means the gem price went down by ~5c in the 3 minutes while you were trying.

I really, really wish that one could enter the amount of desired gems to exchange gold for, and that clicking the Buy Button would then charge the lowest amount of coin from the range that amount of gems costs.

• Enter 200 Gems
  • 200 Gem cost range is from 11g to 11g 4s
  • Displays cost as 11g 2s
    (the average amount of gold one would need to pay for those 200 Gems
    this is to account for the cost exchange fluctuations over the time between entering the desired gems and clicking purchase)
  • Buy 200 Gems
  • Get charged 11g (the lowest amount of coin required to purchase the 200 Gems)
| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |