Golem Rush Event Bugs [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

On top of the event being a complete disappointment to people playing WvW “seriously” there are at least 3 game-breaking bugs with the event.

1- People can duplicate an infinite amount of golems
2- People are keeping the golems buffs outside of golems, and making insane damage
3- People in golems are using Ice bows and doing 10k+ ice storms (per hit) and 4k ranged auto-attacks (see image)

WvW feels totally broken, you should stop the event.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Dethl.2875

Dethl.2875

So in the first few minutes trying this out, my guild has already found some bugs.

1. Golems can be duplicated again, by having two people spam enter them with one leaving.

2. The supercharge buff can be placed on a character without a golem via 1). Speed buff and damage buff still applies. For reference, my mesmer staff 1 autos were doing ~2.5k per hit.

3. At one point I ended up with 54 supply somehow? Not sure how that happened.

some server who knows
Foolsworn (M) | Dehtl (M) | Iofo (G) | Foolburt (W) | Fooloop (T)
Fools Foolentine (EN) | Fooliqi (EL) | Fooniols (N) | Foylshen (R )

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

And it seems that some people are knowingly using those bugs to exploit.

Posted by: ToffiKeks.6385

ToffiKeks.6385

Golems can use Ice Bow with the Buff. Instant Zerg wipe

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Oh my gosh leet mesmers LOL

Posted by: angel.2769

angel.2769

they can use all elemental weapons <_<

Posted by: Fizzee.1762

Fizzee.1762

For some reason since this last reset, Golems no longer require siege to build, and also move super fast and do crazy damage.
This is being abused HEAVILY and WvW is basically ruined.
On the plus side, I’ve yet to see a queue on EB or the BLs which is VERY unusual.
Please fix asap as this breaks a game mode many people play exclusively.

Love and kisses
Fizz

Posted by: LadySkylet.8549

LadySkylet.8549

You know that it’s supposed to be like that for this week, right? ..
It’s some kind of a golem event thing.

WvW: notice me Anet-senpai..

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Posted by: Dlaxer.1428

Dlaxer.1428

So a bug has been discovered which allows people to drop out of Golems making them unable to be re-piloted in mid air. This hard caps the siege limit really quickly and makes it very difficult for servers to respond to the hardcore K-train of other servers, or K-train themselves.

The troll is using the item Marriner’s Horn and then Swapping to Flute quickly and it it removing him from the golem in mid air. The only way to fix the damage is to wait for the timer to run out.

In order to not start a witch hunt I will not be posting the abusers name but have reported him for Botting. He has done this in every one of the Borderlands (Tier 3) and I have Screen shots to prove it is him if a Dev would like to contact me to handle the situation further.

Attachments:

Posted by: Akashi.3245

Akashi.3245

i do believe that duping golems for free, and keeping the golem buff OUTSIDE of a golem is not what this week is suppost to be like. go try roam. you’’l come across a group of 3 people all abusing this. see where this is going? not only has ranked wvw turned into eotm on steroids so far this week even trying to get fights or looking for good fights is pretty much gone this week aswell. thats what i have seen from reset till late ocx / late sea coverage in a t4 matchup. i also hope wvw will be rolled back a week since glicko was not disabled. i ONLY wvw untill im forced into the pve content which i do not like or have a care for.

Daxnas ~ Necromancer 6k + hrs | WvW Mithril | [Woe] [LATE]

Posted by: Dhamashir.6390

Dhamashir.6390

I noticed that if you have any supply on you the first golem you build uses all of the supply but then each golem after costs 0 when you have no supply on you.

Posted by: Tieris.5317

Tieris.5317

The concept of the golem rush event is entertaining but the event itself is a horrible failure. So many people abusing the Supercharged Golem buff while not in a golem is making WvW unplayable. It doesn’t matter how well you play your class when another player exploiting the bug can kill you in two hits or less. You can’t even report the players for exploiting the bug because the reporting system doesn’t have an option for this.

Fix the bug or delete the event please. It has taken any entertainment out of WvW.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I don,t understand how they could have made such a dramatic mistake. Adding an “event” like this without even fixing the bugs (some that could have been avoided) that comes with it.

When there is a PvE update and there is bugs they fix them immediately. For WvW is seems like there is just no support at all.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

When there is a PvE update and there is bugs they fix them immediately.

Lol excuse me?

We’re still waiting on bugs in PvE that haven’t been addressed for years.

Today is a Sunday, and in case you aren’t aware of it they normally don’t have a ton of maintenance going on during the weekend.

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

I agree, needs some fixing fast. Looks like that saying" cheaters never prosper" is a lie when it comes to WvW. They are not only prospering, they are doing it off the dead bodies of the honest people.

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

When there is a PvE update and there is bugs they fix them immediately.

Lol excuse me?

We’re still waiting on bugs in PvE that haven’t been addressed for years.

Today is a Sunday, and in case you aren’t aware of it they normally don’t have a ton of maintenance going on during the weekend.

Lol put that sass away. I’m pretty sure there are some bugs in WvW that have been there since launch, still not fixed. Also, atleast PvE gets responses from devs, new content, attention, etc. WvW has been essentially left to rot for 3 years while Anet sells PvE and sells it hard.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Lol put that sass away. I’m pretty sure there are some bugs in WvW that have been there since launch, still not fixed. Also, atleast PvE gets responses from devs, new content, attention, etc. WvW has been essentially left to rot for 3 years while Anet sells PvE and sells it hard.

It’s greatly amusing reading this after spending so much time in the dungeons forum, heh.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: clone wars.9568

clone wars.9568

kitten DISGRACE anet! Yeah same group of five with this buff ALL not in golems yet still have lem buff of health increase, 100% damage, 100% movement speed.

I BETTER BE HEARING ABOUT MASS BANS OF PEOPLE CLEARLY ABUSING THIS! I had an account perma banned because of a anet screw up, no appeals listened to. And these people are clearly exploiting and clearly know it. FIX AND BAN.

Posted by: Deratrius.4035

Deratrius.4035

Worst thing is when you have an entire guild raiding with that buff. Couple screenshots here from Abaddon’s Mouth guild RosA. They did it Sunday, they’re still doing it today. Pushing pug blobs with guild or ganking people.

Album: http://imgur.com/a/AnEe1

Mystic Discipline [MD] – Aurora Glade (EU)

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Kinda pathetic to see that. I get hitted by a 36K Kill Shot from nowhere this evening, I think Im done with WvW this week.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Hey Branden How about some acknowledgment here? I know its not a gem store issue that requires immediate fixing but it is a big problem that’s causing a lot of issues, you know when you guys aren’t too busy

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: Urmagesty.9362

Urmagesty.9362

My experience was that the exploit seemed to have given a guild from one of the wvw servers (see image attachment) the arrogant, bold, and outrageous notion that they can camp our spawn point with this supercharge player buff or gank anyone purposely to get their kicks on overkilling (one shot) any player. I think this is when things cross the line from fun to down right pathetic. I am sure nothing will be resolved over this as it is only for a week. However, it would be far more pleasurable for the rest of us if greater time was spent in its testing stages for just these sort of critical programing bugs. Equally, a swift resolution would be praised and welcomed. I like the golem event idea and I think it is fun. Interestingly, I also see the event wearing thin for many.

Thank you.

Attachments:

Genavelle.9516

Why have we still not gotten any kind of response or acknowledgement of these bugs?

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Tieris.5317

Here’s a cheater:

Attachments:

Tieris.5317

And another cheater:

Attachments:

Tieris.5317

And another person exploiting:

Attachments:

Posted by: Epsilon Atreides.3816

Epsilon Atreides.3816

Bump, mode breaking bug, Day 5. Josh had stated it didn’t take much time to set this event up. It shouldn’t divert too much time to take it down. You don’t need to fix anything, just shut it off. Enough people have logged out for the week to justify diminishing returns of whatever was intended here. A ’we’re looking into it’ response would probably be appropriate.

Epsilon
Mag/FA

Posted by: Situations.2416

Situations.2416

Yea, just shut it down really… It’s killed WvW population by more than 50% and the other remaining people are just in there killing each other with golems and farmings keeps and towers to get rank this week. It’s turned WvW into complete and utter kitten.

It really just needs to be shut down entirely and reverted , even fixing it , it’s still annoying and is killing WvW gameplay as a whole.

Sers De Larasoz ~ Level 80 Elementalist ~ [CSR]

Posted by: x indigo x.6981

x indigo x.6981

Some cordinated guilds somehow figured out a way to get the golem buff (with all the damage modifiers of over 100% more damage to players ) to remain active on players while they’re OUTSIDE of the golems. I have reported as many as i can and i’m HOPEFUL that the devs will take this violation of the terms of service seriously and give us a public statement that these offenders have been punished.

Video evidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izlMVDMqShg

We need an official response to this. We’ve swallowed the golem event but we will NOT swallow the devs tolerating exploiters and hackers !

Please provide an official response even at the least saying that you’ve noticed this and are banning those exploiters. I’ve been on the devs side for a long time and don’t want to lose my faith in you guys.

Edit:
More evidence from another thread

Thread :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Golem-rush-fix-it-or-scrap-it/first#post5306628

Album: https://imgur.com/a/AnEe1
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/197990/DERP-guild_from_Maguuma-3.jpg
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/198042/gw047.jpg
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/198043/gw048.jpg
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/198044/gw049.jpg

(edited by x indigo x.6981)

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

I know they have gotten MANY reports about this. I am sure this will go right along with all other WvW bugs and just be ignored.

Posted by: Fortra.5918

Fortra.5918

Honestly dude, there is no evidence of them intentionally exploiting. Kazo kittening loves to Ktrain so ofc they’re gonna be in golems 24/7 and if there is a bug with that golem buff staying on after said person hops out of golem then there is a higher chance of it happening to them.
As far as I can see, I don’t see any proof of them intentionally doing it, just that the buff is there.
I’ve seen videos of golems using ice bows and killing an entire zerg in 1 ice bow 4, another bug.
Another bug is golem duping, thats back too during this week.

x indigo x.6981

Honestly dude, there is no evidence of them intentionally exploiting. Kazo kittening loves to Ktrain so ofc they’re gonna be in golems 24/7 and if there is a bug with that golem buff staying on after said person hops out of golem then there is a higher chance of it happening to them.
As far as I can see, I don’t see any proof of them intentionally doing it, just that the buff is there.
I’ve seen videos of golems using ice bows and killing an entire zerg in 1 ice bow 4, another bug.

I’ve personally run around EOTM and WvW looking for this so called “Accedental bug” that occurs to players without them realizing. NO ONE has it outside of the goelms and i’m in a T1 server and there were karma train BLOBS that tapped thrgouh trying to find it.. But for some reason i see a cluster of players from the same guild, that somehow REGAIN the buff after dying (yes the buff goes away when you die and you have to INTENTIONALLY gain it back) and come and fight us again with it on.

That is Exploiting. That’s plain and simple guildies teaching guildies how to exploit and utilizing it in a GUILD coordinated raid. None of the pugs around them had it outside of golems. It’s not accidental buff that happens cause you use golem much. It’s an exploit that’s being intentionally utilized to gain advantage in a competitive context with evidence being provided to prove it.

KILL, KAZO, and TWL were the the guilds that again and again showed members having the buff in CLUSTERS (emphasis on this word) and not just individuals who accidently happend to have it.

Posted by: Steve Olson.5613

Steve Olson.5613

This bug happened to me about a half hour after reset. I stay away from Golems because they’re really not that great, even with the buff. I think it happened when our server took down another zerg and bags were popping up everywhere and I spammed “F” to pick them all up before I would die. Somehow during that instance, I got the Golem Buff and I probably had it for ten minutes or so.

I reported it both in game and now here.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

No evidence? So many screen shots of full parties with the buff and some even post videos yet block the buffs in the video to hide it. I’ve yet to even get it on accident and not even sure how to get it nor do I care about getting it. Evidence is all over these forums. How bout if you get it on accident leave WvW and go back in? It is being abused by many and there is enough evidence to prove it.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/siege-golems-are-better-faster-and-stronger-in-world-vs-world-between-july17and24/

During Golem Rush, the following conditions will be in effect:

Siege golems will not cost supply to construct (blueprints will not be free).

It seems this one didn’t quite make it – it has cost me to make every single Golem.

The rest of the list goes on…

Siege golems will move at 100% increased movement speed.

Siege golems will deal 100% additional damage against players and other siege golems.

Each kill on an enemy player will grant your team one point toward your realm’s total score.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————
Not even sure what else isn’t working, but really? The cost for building should have been what was stated before the event went live.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The lack of response is seriously ridiculous, I assume they are just going to let the event run its course and try and pretend it never happened.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

x indigo x.6981

Posted by: clone wars.9568

clone wars.9568

The lack of response is seriously ridiculous, I assume they are just going to let the event run its course and try and pretend it never happened.

Completely agree, It looks like the thousands of reports/emails/videos/ss and threads are going to be ignored. Then on friday the event is over and anet will admit their ‘mistake’, and then ban no one. I’m seeing this exploit being used by 30+ players an hour at least in wvw.

Its funny how they banned 50k players for “exploiting” the karma bug at launch, most of which had no idea they were exploiting. Yet ignoring this wide spread exploiting by people who are clearly aware they’re exploiting (running 100% faster and doing 100% more dmg). But direct gold is not involved so they’ll let another EPICFAIL event continue and not ban a single player over it.

gw2 is losing alot of the player base and at this rate all we’ll have left is exploiters. Anet will wake up and notice only after their annual report is in and they see profits drop.

Personal I’ve had enough and wont be doing any wvw now until after reset, its pointless to try to play fair in this game against these people.

(edited by clone wars.9568)

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Really, they didn’t have this bug? They weren’t exploiting? They were. I am in the OP’s guild and was with him during that run. We ran into one of the guild groups later (KAZO) and they were mounting and unmounting golems, away from fights to get the buff. It was plain as the nose on your face and also an exploit.

This is sad when guilds train their members to do this. The GL of KAZO was there and he was leading this group. I think the whole guild should be banned for this.

Golems using ice bows is also an exploit since they shouldn’t use any other weapon or skills but their own.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

Genavelle.9516

So there’s this bug in WvW this week where players are able to get the extra 100% speed and damage buff from the golems, but keep it without being in a golem. This is letting lots of people run around and do insane damage for no reason, which is making WvW even less fun than it already was with the event.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Genavelle.9516

So there’s this bug where people are somehow able to duplicate golems in WvW without spending any kind of currency on them. I’m not sure exactly how it works or anything, but basically it’s giving people free access to unlimited golems, which is extra-insane this week with the Golem Rush event.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Dusty Moon.4382

That is part of the event – no supplies for building Golems.

Dusty Moon.4382

There already is another thread on this topic…..

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

You misunderstand what they said. They are able to dupe the golems themselves….. They arent having to buy any. They buy one, then can make many from the one.

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

I wouldn’t hope for too much. Seems Anet is just sticking their head in the sand till this week is over and ignoring any of the bugs.

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

You misunderstand what they said. They are able to dupe the golems themselves….. They arent having to buy any. They buy one, then can make many from the one.

OMG… this is just a whole new level of FAIL.

Ok, like many folks, I’ve been avoiding WvW this week due to this “Event” /cough.

So, let me get this straight… one bloke buys a golem blueprint for 100 badges. He then uses that one print to make… say… 50 golems due to this bug. His guild and other pugs jump into the golems that Anet thought was a good idea to “supercharge” (the golems have +100% power and +100% speed and whatever.) And when they get tired of golem driving, they jump out of the golems but still retain the +100% power/speed buff due to yet another bug with this event. They do this all day and just rinse and repeat as needed, which equates to 7 days of utter WvW chaos.

Yeah, Anet, we need you to implement more events like this in WvW that are obviously well thoughtout and thoroughly tested. /sarcasm.

Moonlight [THRU]

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It beggars belief that this has been known for days now and nothing has been even said about it let alone been fixed, at this point its clear the event will run its course with a game breaking exploit being allowed to ruin a whole match.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: CHITANDA.4571

CHITANDA.4571

And another person exploiting

Attachments:

Posted by: CHITANDA.4571