Got 100% map completion on VB, no reward [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: JRM.6218

JRM.6218

In my case, I lack a hero point (on Canopy over Noble Crash Site) to map completion. The question is that I got it, but it didn’t count. Maybe there it’s the bug.

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

Same here, with DT and VB. Anet, pls fix these kinds of bugs

Posted by: Toasty.9134

Toasty.9134

The 100% in an area cache is the only thing i need now to get my elite spec weapon, this is getting a bit of a joke now!! its been far too long to say its something that should have been sorted before the expansion was released!!!!

Posted by: Sideon.3672

Sideon.3672

Add me to the pile, please get this one fixed anet.

Posted by: Razorr.6583

Razorr.6583

me too I have not got my rewards in a week I put a ticket in with nothing.

Posted by: Moji.3042

Moji.3042

Same issue here, just missing the cache to finish Dark Harvest with multiple Magus Falls maps completed.

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

Wanting to mention that my mesmer has 100% map completion, including Dry Top and Silverwastes. He finished Verdant Brink a few days ago and did not get the map reward. I’m gonna wait on map completion in other zones until the fix is made.

At least Anet’s aware of the issue, although I am surprised that they post on Reddit and not here (unless there was a previous related thread that has a dev post that I didn’t look hard enough for).

Posted by: felixdacat.3804

felixdacat.3804

Just happened to me as well... 100% map completion in core Tyria, just finished Verdant Brink and got no reward. Pretty game breaking when I’m working on the elite weapon.

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

If you completed it once with one char and got nothing, why would you attempt it again until its sorted hehe.

But yes i hope they fix this, anyone with 100% map completion gets nothing from new maps or southsun, silverwastes or drytop.

Well the first time might of just been a glitch as that sometimes happens and other toons are fine, but since still no word from anet one way or the other i am testing whether or not a non 100% World map completion toon on an account with other 100% WMC toons are able to get a reward. Then i would have a better idea of the problem at hand.

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

Anet responded to topic on reddit about this issue saying that they know about this issue and are working on fixing it

The topic:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3qtuk7/any_word_on_glitched_map_completion_rewards/?

So is reedit their official forums now? I don’t know how to use that site hehe

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

Posted by: Captain Suzuki.8067

Captain Suzuki.8067

/age on bug and wonder when or if it will ever get fixed…. I wonder how many posts on this forum it will take to get a response or even a time frame for fixing it. I wonder if we will even get compensation for the time it takes and the impacting loss it has on game progress….

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

I want to ride my "Bo"cycle, i want to ride it now ^(°-°)^

Pleasiiiiii Pleasssiiiiiii Pleasssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii fix it

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Same problem, I have completed verdant brink on 2 characters now and received zero reward.

Posted by: kajoken.1630

kajoken.1630

I can add myself to the list of people that didn’t get the map reward.
100% on Tyria but didn’t get anything in Verdant Brink.

Posted by: Swift.1832

Swift.1832

Same here, first did 100% on Dry Top with a 100% (Mesmer) WC character, nothing.
Then verdant brink with another 100% WC (Ranger) character, nothing
Finally did Verdant Brink on a Revenant (obviously no 100% WC), finally reward.

Do i really have to complete the new maps on my secondary ranger, mesmer that i just use for non-pve stuff to get the rewards i need for the collections?

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

100% map complete on all 4 of the new HoT maps but no rewards for any of them, the character I used already had 100% world complete for Tyria.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Seems to be the issue, if we got 100% World Completion in central Tyria, this affects our ability to receive rewards in all 4 new Heart of Thorns maps, as well as retroactively from Southsun Cove, Dry Top and The Silverwastes. Hopefully this will be ironed out quickly. It’s rather frustrating to be unable to finish Collections for various of the new weapons, etc.—everyone I’ve asked that links the Map Completion reward, says they are on characters without 100% World Completion in central Tyria.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Epiksy.8453

Epiksy.8453

Same here, no rewards for verdant brink.

I’ve got 100% map completion for Tyria on that character.

Posted by: paleonal.1280

paleonal.1280

Same on Tangled Depths

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Here’s for a Monday morning reply?!

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

all 4 maps on 100% no reward for any of them with my main. i had to mapcomp VB on a other thief to get the reward for the Bo collection

Posted by: Circling Skies.1872

Circling Skies.1872

Adding my name to the growing list. I had 100% on the core game. Got nothing, not even a notification that I completed all of Verdant Brink. I need my reward for crafting please!
Thanks!

Posted by: Imhotep.3850

Imhotep.3850

I too am having verdant brink map completion bug out. It shows that i have all but one hero point (10/11) and the missing point is right by the Auric Basin entrance. However, I’ve completed the hero point countless times, it even shows that it has been earned while hovering over the pod. Side note- only have 11% tyria map exploration, really bummed that I can’t complete Dark Harvest.

**Editing because I found the fix to my particular bug: Go to the hero point east of Faren’s Flyer waypoint and commune with it to get 100% map completion. Apparently they changed the Hero Point from an Itzel Bladdancer to a commune which I’m assuming has to do with the wrong Hero Point showing up as incomplete. Hope this helps!

(edited by Imhotep.3850)

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

Concerned if I should just complete the map or wait? I only have 2 POIs left.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

Posted by: Darksabre Aldarion.4159

Darksabre Aldarion.4159

Same jam, 100% completion of world; do Verdant Brink; no reward. Wouldn’t be an issue if map completion rewards weren’t tied to the weapon unlock tracks.

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

Has anyone seen any comment from the Devs yet (in any thread) that they acknowledge the existence of this bug?

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Has anyone seen any comment from the Devs yet (in any thread) that they acknowledge the existence of this bug?

There is a reddit post somewhere.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: professori.8495

professori.8495

Yep, 100% core completion. No reward for 100% Tangled depths nor Dragon’s Stand.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

There is a reddit post somewhere.

Sad they respond on Reddit and not here.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Schaffa Zeinadine.6342

Schaffa Zeinadine.6342

No reward for me as well.. ughh

Posted by: Toasty.9134

Toasty.9134

Dear Anet, please respond this bug has been in since the initial day of release and is a GAME BREAKING BUG, considering the fact it practically stops you from doing collections.

Posted by: Ghost.6418

Ghost.6418

I have completed BOTH!!! Verdant Brink and Auric Basin!!!!. DID NOT RECEIVE the “Necromancer’s Cache”. IT’s the last part of my Dark Harvest.

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

I have discovered the pattern for mine

I have 6 characters with 100% WORLD completion, and 2 without.

The 6 with world completion did not receive rewards, the 2 without received rewards both for SW/DT/SSC maps already completed and once completed which i did to test

Just to comment on this, I did complete VB this morning (no completion though), but I can somewhat confirm this statement.

I had characters fully explore DryTop, Silverwastes, and Southsun prior to HoT and did not receive any rewards there for map completion. However, I had my Revenant explore Southsun and received a “Map Completion Chest” with a letter in the mail just like all the other core Tyria zones.

So not only are we missing the map completion for the new HoT zones, but also Dry Top, Silverwastes, and Southsun. I did not receive any on my other characters that completed those zones prior to Heart of Thorns. Even characters I have that were just missing 1 POI were not getting map completion rewards after I found what I was missing.

It’s a major problem because in order to get your Ascended Elite Spec weapon, you need to map complete a Heart of Thorns map.

That’s interesting, I actually did Southsun the other day and didn’t get a reward, didn’t know there was one. But then I always do map completions before Southsun, Dry top and Silverwaste. All 15 of my characters have world completions, so no incentive to complete any more maps until its been fixed.

Posted by: Ghost.6418

Ghost.6418

I contacted support and they gave me a copy paste.

Hello xxxxxx,
Thank you for contacting our team about a game issue that you experienced. The Guild Wars 2 Development Team is aware of this issue and team members currently are working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2. You can reach the forums via this link: http://forum.guildwars2.com
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Regards,
GM xxxxxxx
Guild Wars 2 Support Team

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

After further testing, I can confirm the results of others – got map completion reward for Southsun on everyone except the two 100% characters, got Tangled Depths reward on my 4 day old revenant. Didn’t get rewards for: retroactive Dry Top/SW/Southsun completion on one of the 100% chars, completing Dry Top after the HoT patch on the other 100% char, completing Verdant Brink and Dragon’s Stand.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Posted by: Eayln von Bator.5769

Eayln von Bator.5769

Hi,
so i will add up. And since it appears on Characters with 100% map i wont try with any other character. They all have 100% map complete.

Pls Anet fix Bug and give us the amap completion rewards so we can gor for the legendary collections

Posted by: Hexyn.8462

Hexyn.8462

+1

(charactersssssss)

————-
Piken Square

Posted by: WhiteGlint.4897

WhiteGlint.4897

No rewards for me too… This make my Fix-r-Upper hybe get low >:

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

Have the same issue on my tempest, unable to get the rewards needed to upgrade the warhorn weapon because of no map completion reward.

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

Posted by: Machiavell.7396

Machiavell.7396

Bug was present since the launch, still not addressed… Priorities?

Unofficial Master Bugfinder and Design Critic.
“He will improve everything that ArenaNet added to infinity and beyond.”

Posted by: arkaios.8367

arkaios.8367

looks like a 2 year old bug, first report of it seen here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/100-World-Map-Completion-Bug

looks like it is still not addressed. No comments from Anet whatsoever

Posted by: Kuroneko.7401

Kuroneko.7401

Same here… hope Anet will fix it soon

Posted by: Zephyrr.8605

Zephyrr.8605

I can confirm, I had 100% Tyria Map completion from a couple years ago, just finished Verdant Brink and I got no reward what soever. However my girlfriend who made a Revenant and does not have much map completion has gotten 3/4 maps done already with her getting rewards on each map

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

I agree, a response would be nice. it’s almost like they have their head in the sand about it. A simple “we know about it and are working hard to fix it” but ….. nothing.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Same problem here.

When this happened, I assumed it was only on the ‘spare maps’ since Hot maps have their own completion.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/SW-dry-top-southsun-no-map-comp-rewards/first#post5690162

But no. It’s happening for any new maps in any of my characters that had 100% Tyria completion.

I lost all these rewards so far:

• Southsun Cove in 2 characters.
  • Dry Top in 2 characters.
  • Silverwastes in 2 characters.
  • Verdan Brink in one character.

None gave me rewards.

My guess is that someone set some code that prevents maps from giving rewards once 100% has reached, but didn’t bother to divide that code into 3 parts: One for central tyria, one for Hot maps, and one for the spare maps.

I only hope that when this is fixed, they give the rewards back retroactively. If the fix only works with new completions, that’ll make me go full Lewis Black on this thing, after all the time I spent completing those maps, while being barely rewarded for it compared to people doing some mindless farm over and over.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

100 Replies on this post and Anet still no response, please, at least say us something like “we are aware”…

Anet is aware of the issue and they are working on it. I received a map completion on my 100% World Completion thief. Although I did not receive the Gift of the Fleet as we are supposed to. I received a green, a blue, and 10 Aurillium ore. I entered a support ticket and received this response:

Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support.
I have looked into this issue and it appears our Team is aware of the matter and working on a solution as quickly as possible. We do not currently have a time frame for this fix, so please keep an eye on the official Guild Wars 2 forums (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum) for any updates.
We appreciate your information and patience while we work on this issue.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional issues, questions or concerns.
Regards,
GM Jericho
Guild Wars 2 Support Team

I doubt that this will quell the posts regarding the issue, but be at rest knowing that they are at least aware of the problem and are actively working on it.

Dagrin – Master of the downed state

Posted by: Zee The Free.1536

Zee The Free.1536

I too will sign this growing list of 100% VB complete and no Mesmer Cache. I do hope that they get this resolved before I have all the parts for my shield.

Thanks for all the hard work ANET!

How did that feel?
REAL GOOD!
The Zeke T Freak machine: zero defects.

Posted by: Dark.4956

Dark.4956

Just got my 100% map completion in VB
Nothing rewarded for my efforts there.

Please let us know ANET what you will do for this, if you’ll mail out the rewards and let us get the achievements we need to progress on achievements, legendaries and so on.

Posted by: Deathicon.5341

Deathicon.5341

No map completion reward for Verdant Brink (thought 100% completed)
No map completion reward for Auric Basin (thought 100% completed)

Please give us an ETA when this will be fixed?

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Same thing happened to me 100% map completion in central tyria and no Verdant Brink Rewards after getting 100% completion in that map.

aka. “The Complainer”