Got Ruined Logs with Chop-It-All Axe

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Rincebrain.4857

Rincebrain.4857

Exactly as it says in the topic – I was in Ruined Shore, chopping down Cypress and Orrian Saplings without a problem – I got attacked while chopping down a Cypress Sapling, and two of the three logs came out as Ruined Logs.

I later was chopping an Orrian Sapling and was attacked, and one of the three came out Ruined.

This does not, as far as I know, happen with normal axes – is it somehow expected that this happens with this axe, or is this a bug?

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

Yes it does happen. Harvesting anything with any tool has a chance to be ruined if you are in combat.

Posted by: ZinN.6124

ZinN.6124

This has never happend to me while farming in cursed shore and i get attack alot when i chop, mine and harvest!

I like trains

Choo choo

Posted by: Darabolok.1803

Darabolok.1803

This has never happend to me while farming in cursed shore and i get attack alot when i chop, mine and harvest!

You are lucky then. The mining and logging animation is quite long, and if you take damage while you swing your axe or pickaxe, you get ruind log or ore. This happens with every gathering node, but the herb harvesting is much quicker, so it is rarely affected.

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

It happens a lot. You have to get hit at the exact moment the piece is harvested. Or have bleeding or poison ticking damage.

But, after mining ori with several alts over the months I have found it happens a lot more with certain classes, and rarely ever with others.

I’m not sure if my guardian has ever had a ruined chunk, but my necro practically can’t even imagine she’s in combat without all of them being ruined.

No idea why that would be, if there’s some kind of toughness check, or just crazy randomness. I’ve lost a few dozen orrichalcum over the months, I’d rather just be unable to harvest and be forced to kill everything first than have something sneak up on me and lose 3s.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I think this also has some bearing on if you are actually IN combat mode or not when you start harvesting a node. I could be wrong, but I have never had any problems of ruined items when running up to node (not in combat mode), starting to harvest and then being ganked by many hits while harvesting. Note that effect based hits can knock you out of the harvesting and you will then be in combat mode.

I have no true evidence that this is fact, just my personal experiences (but I have never paid much attention to EXACTLY when I get hit during this process, so I could just be very lucky).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

Make sure you kill everithyng near the node to be harvested before starting to chop it.

Posted by: Darabolok.1803

Darabolok.1803

I’m not sure if my guardian has ever had a ruined chunk, but my necro practically can’t even imagine she’s in combat without all of them being ruined.

Guardian has Aegis, that absorbs the first hit. That is usually enough to successfully harvest. On my ele, I tend to fire up Archane shield for gathering ori if I feel I’m in danger. The 3 block is usually enough to finish the mining.