Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

So I posted this in General, but it seems more like a bug than anything else, so moved it here (if a mod could be nice and delete my post in general, would appreciate it).

So it seems there is a glitch with the Shader in the Graphic settings. I think it happened after the Dragon Bash update, or after the Sky Pirates. Never noticed it before, until after one of these patches.

Basically, it is way too bright. To the point of glowing. Even the text is glowing. Some screenshots below to show what I am talking about. I am pretty sure this is not normal.

Attachments:

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I noticed that the lighting changed after the patch late last night. My game has crashed twice since the patch. I think I crashed 3-4 times between beta and 1600 hours in live, so two crashes following a patch that messed with lighting has to make me wonder if the two aren’t related.

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

SpyderArachnid.5619

Haven’t had any crash issues, just this weird “bloom” effect that is always present.

I haven’t been able to play for longer than an hour cause this is just hurting my eyes (which aren’t in the best shape to begin with).

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

SpyderArachnid.5619

Thought I’d bring this back up, as I am still having this issue and haven’t yet found a solution to it.

Any help at all would be appreciated. I am drawing a blank. Someone said in a different thread that it was post processing that was causing it, but turned it off and still have the same results.

Attachments:

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Posted by: Jeremiah Lee.2764

Jeremiah Lee.2764

Live Response QA

Next

Are there any other players that are experiencing this issue? Only seen after the Dragon Bash update?
Thank you!

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I noticed this yesterday for the first time, as well. So, I am guessing after the one of the more recent updates. I can’t remember where I was exactly, but the glare from a large-ish light area was so strong it made half the screen impossible to see.

I’ve only come across it once or twice, and I haven’t done any Personal Story quests recently, so I can’t comment on that.

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

SpyderArachnid.5619

Well in game (out of cutscenes) it isn’t too bad. It mostly seems to act up during cutscenes more than anything else.

Screenshot below to show regular game footage (I know, not the best light, but figured I’d take one randomly while in game so you can see that it isn’t a constant thing). And another of a cutscene right afterwards. It seems to mostly be cutscene related.

Attachments:

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Inculpatus cedo.9234

An update:

Today I did the Sprint, and the ‘bloom effect’ (I guess it’s called) was really bad! It really slows down the race because you can’t see anything but a big white glare. It goes away by itself after a few seconds (maybe 4-7), but that certainly can put you in last place. I haven’t changed anything in my settings, or my drivers, so I’m guessing it’s something in the last patch or two.

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

I’m having this too.

Attachments:

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Posted by: Jeremiah Lee.2764

Previous

Jeremiah Lee.2764

Live Response QA

Is this all cutscenes in game? Does this happen with all of your characters? Screenshots are appreciated!
Thank you!

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Posted by: arkenstone.7896

arkenstone.7896

I had this issue as well. I think it was on Monday. I was doing my personal story and I was wondering why there was a glow around my character. mine had a greenish tint to it. However that could be because my armor is green. I agree with the timeframe. Possibly after Dragon Bash but Definitely after Sky Pirates.

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

SpyderArachnid.5619

Is this all cutscenes in game? Does this happen with all of your characters? Screenshots are appreciated!
Thank you!

Hard to tell on my other characters, as they have all done their personal story already so don’t have any other cutscenes like the PS ones to test it with.

But so far, from what I have seen, it seems to happen with all my cutscenes on that Necro that I kept showing screenshots for. Was leveling her through her personal story and all cutscenes had that intense bloom effect going on.

EDIT: Made a new Sylvari to try it out on something different, and while it is not as bright as it is for my Human, it is still kind of bright. Screenshot below to show it, and added another screenshot of my graphic settings so you can see what I am using. The resolution got cut off, but I’m running at 1600×900. Also added my Nvidia settings to see if maybe it is a conflict between the two.

Attachments:

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

it happens to me too only on personal story cutscene dialogues so far

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It took me a few tries, but I got some screenshots of the ‘bloom’ in the race. I believe it happens when others use powerups, though I’m not sure.

Attachments:

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Posted by: Cherubino XV.2384

Cherubino XV.2384

In the last screenshots posted, the high bloom is caused by the blind skill the other racers do against you.

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Inculpatus cedo.9234

So, is this kind of ‘blind’ different than the blind creatures place on you? I’ve been blinded for 10 months, and never lost the ability to see what’s on the screen before this last patch or so.

That also doesn’t explain getting this effect when no creatures or other players are around, though…

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Posted by: NoodllZ.8376

NoodllZ.8376

So, is this kind of ‘blind’ different than the blind creatures place on you? I’ve been blinded for 10 months, and never lost the ability to see what’s on the screen before this last patch or so.

That also doesn’t explain getting this effect when no creatures or other players are around, though…

That blind is different from the regular blind, I think it also has a different tool tip. The game lighting has changed though. I think its fine with my shaders on low. If you just want to mess around and see exactly how bright the game can get, drink any alcoholic drinks in game until the screen starts swirling then go to a snowy map.

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sorry, I don’t have post-processing on, so I don’t see the effects of the alcohol. Regardless, this kind of bright-white ‘bloom’ wasn’t present before, and now it is. I am hoping it is a bug that can be corrected; otherwise, sadly, the game has taken a turn for the worse graphics-wise.

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

SpyderArachnid.5619

Bringing this back up again as it is still not resolved.

Got some new screenshots as well on a different character to show that it was not just my Human that was dealing with this issue.

Seems the further and further I go into my Personal Story, the worst it gets.

Attachments:

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

might be the Post-Procession settings too

edit: nevermind didnt read all comments sry

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

SpyderArachnid.5619

might be the Post-Procession settings too

As I mentioned in an older post above, I tried that already. Didn’t change anything. Still getting this intense bloom effect.

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Because its a race its meant for you to Block your view,and jump miss etc.

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Didnt get screens, but I just did story events from the water temple in straights of devastation till the end. On every cut scene I got exactly the bloom effect above – everything blown out and glowy. I agree that it was somewhere around dragonbash / sky pirates.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Graphic Bug (Shader(?))

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

This probably happened on the June 25 patch, the same day the outline rendering on players/NPCs doesn’t work properly with Post-Processing enabled.