Graphic Glitch

Graphic Glitch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Hello,

I am not sure if this is due to my PC or to Guild Wars 2, but am hoping someone can help me.

I recently purchased and built a new PC.
Specs
i7 3770k processor
16 GB RAM
intel 520 series SSD
Asus ATI Radeon HD 7870
ASUS P8Z77-V Lk motherboard

I am receiving an issue in Guild Wars 2 only where bright lines will start flashing all over the place once the CPU and GPU start heating up. The heat, however, is no where near dangerous. It happens when the CPU is ~50 C, GPU is ~70 C and the internal cores are ~60-70C. Naturally it happens more the hotter it gets. The only solution I have found is to use Speedfan to set fans to max.

I have not received this in any other game (such as Tomb Raider, Tera and Bioshock Infinite).

I also have my drivers up to date, (using the beta actually I forget the version of the catalyst, 13.5b I think).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this, or what may be causing it to happen specifically in GW2?

Graphic Glitch

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

You may want to post this in the Tech Support area.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech

Graphic Glitch

Jemmi.6058

Thanks Lynspottery, I am not sure how I missed the existence of that forum.

Graphic Glitch

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

If your gpu is running at 70’s you might want to invest in a better cooler for it. On max settings mine never gets over 62-65 but I usually run it on medium because I don’t really want to work my card so hard and it never gets over 55. Just because 70’s isn’t a critical temp doesn’t mean your card is gonna be happy with it. Start with lowering the gpu temp first and see if it fixes it. The fact you said it only occurs when they heat up points to a heat issue. If it was another hardware or software issue it would most likely do it all the time.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Graphic Glitch

Jemmi.6058

If your gpu is running at 70’s you might want to invest in a better cooler for it. On max settings mine never gets over 62-65 but I usually run it on medium because I don’t really want to work my card so hard and it never gets over 55. Just because 70’s isn’t a critical temp doesn’t mean your card is gonna be happy with it. Start with lowering the gpu temp first and see if it fixes it. The fact you said it only occurs when they heat up points to a heat issue. If it was another hardware or software issue it would most likely do it all the time.

Possibly, I turn up the fan and it cools down to 50 no problem. For some reason Asus or ATI figured that it only needs to run at 30% RPM at 70C

Graphic Glitch

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

A lot of us have issues with that, even when temperatures don’t rise as high as yours, even with good cooling. Other games don’t cause the problem.

Use BanditCam to limit FPS. Limit to 30 FPS. If the problem stops, try a little higher until the problem starts again. If the problem is still there, lower it a bit until it stops.

Graphic Glitch

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

ATI coolers are notoriously inefficient, get an upgraded aftermarket cooler and I’m betting your problem will go away. Also might want to install a fan control app and manually adjust the fan while you play (some apps allow you to set a profile to do it automatically when you start the game)

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Graphic Glitch

Jemmi.6058

Just an update on this. I purchased a liquid cooler for my CPU which has brought temperatures down for sure. The problem is still there though. Yesterday it popped up and I checked my temps. GPU was 55 C, internal cores were between 50 and 55 and the CPU was 40 C.

The issue is quite similar to this one – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Graphic-Glitch/first#post1770344

The solution there was to install service pack 1, but I am on Windows 8, so that won’t work.

Any other ideas?

Graphic Glitch

Jemmi.6058

Hey there, I am still experiencing this issue. It’s hard to capture screenshots because things flicker in and out so quickly, but I’ve managed to capture a couple.

The screenshots make it seem pretty insignificant, because they are so small. However, I’ve had it when there are like 10-20 on my screen all flashing on and off all over the place and it is quite frustrating.

Attachments: