Guardian: Moving Traited Signets stack them

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

With the “Perfect Inscription” trait equipped, moving utility signets between 2 slots will cause their passives to stack once.
This only works on utility signets because they are able to be moved to different slots.

Let’s say I have the following set-up on the 3 utility skill slots:
Bane Signet (Why is this not Signet of Bane xD?) / Signet of Wrath / Hammer of Justice

First I move Bane Signet to the third slot by clicking on the arrow above Hammer of Justice and choose Bane Signet instead. My utility slot load-out will look like this:
Hammer of Justice / Signet of Wrath / Bane Signet

And then I move Bane Signet back to its previous slot by clicking on the arrow above Hammer of Justice, now in the first slot, again then choose Bane Signet, which will make my utility skill slots look like this:
Bane Signet / Signet of Wrath / Hammer of Justice
Now I will have 2 stacks of Bane Signet, which gives me 2x the passive bonus. Moving the skills further will not make it stack to 3 but it will remove the stack bug.

This only works when moving a Signet-occupied utility skill slot between another non-Signet-occupied skill slot. You can see from the example above that I did not touch the other signet skill on slot 2 at all. However, I am able to stack the Signet on the 2nd slot’s passive too, so I will have 2 stacks on both Bane Signet and Signet of Wrath. The process will look like this:
v
Bane Signet / Hammer of Justice / Signet of Wrath
v

And boom, I will now have 2 stacks of Signet of Wrath’s passive in addition to the 2 stacks of Bane Signet’s passive I previously acquired.

Upon further testing, moving the Signets to Spirit Weapons-occupied slots is not required. This bug works on slots that are not equipped with Spirit Weapons too, but moving them to other Signet-occupied slots will only stack one of the Signets for some reason.

Attachments:

(edited by PCanineBrigade.4916)

Posted by: Jay Em.5128

Jay Em.5128

Equip the signet in 3rd utility slot and you can move it twice to get three stacks of the buff. Only moving utility from right to left increases the stacks, moving from left to right resets stacks to one.

Attachments:

(edited by Jay Em.5128)

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

Nice find, Jay Em! I did not notice that at all.
Guess which class is gonna top the DPS charts this week xD