Guardian Shouts make no sound to nearby players?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: SnakeAes.5328

SnakeAes.5328

I noticed this while playing side-by-side with a friend yesterday, whenever I used a Guardian Shout, no matter how close I was to my friend in vicinity he would never get audio of the shout. He and I both had no problem hearing Warrior shouts but whenever I used a Guardian Shout (I tried “Save Yourselves” and “Stand Your Ground”), I would hear the Shout but he never would.

We tried both in and out of combat, as well as with no players or NPCs around that could possibly cover the sound.

I would think that as a shout, at least the party members affected by the shout should hear it. Is this a bug or are Guardian shouts simply not meant to be heard?

“Victorious warriors win first, then go to war;
defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win.”
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

SnakeAes.5328

Has anyone else noticed this?

Better, yet, has anyone (who doesn’t play a Guardian) ever heard the shouts “Hold the Line!”, “Retreat!”, “Stand Your Ground!” or “Save Yourselves!” from another player?

SnakeAes.5328

I’m thinking this would be helpful to know, since being able to audibly hear a Guardian’s shout would help signal you to know when certain things were happening to you, and to adjust your play accordingly.

Posted by: Alfredalbert.9168

Alfredalbert.9168

I noticed this recently…They used to make sound a few weeks ago so something they patched must have cut them out on accident.

Posted by: Riduy.1682

Riduy.1682

Bump. Ran into this problem. I use Stand Your Ground so allies don’t have to waste stamina dodging, but without an audio cue it’s kind of ineffective.