Guardian staff 3 skill

Guardian staff 3 skill

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Critical Brains.7062

Critical Brains.7062

I have found recently that this skill is really buggy when running with my party through wvw I have to be really careful how I use it so that I the caster get the swiftness to everyone else that touches it gets it but I’m often left without.

example#1 casting it at your feet while running even if your still in the symbol when it appears will not grant you the swiftness over 75% of the time.

example#2 this may be a design but dodge rolling through the symbol gets you no swiftness this is particularly annoying in group fights or while retreating.

TRI The Rebel Inquisition -Anvil Rock

Guardian staff 3 skill

Posted by: Iapetus.9815

Iapetus.9815

I have noticed this as well. Something I made note of, is it seems to be related to dodge roll. If I avoid rolling through the symbol I almost always get the swiftness buff, but when I dodge roll through it, or start a dodge roll that finishes in it, I will more often than not fail to receive the swiftness buff.

Keter Maya, Mesmer
Strange Aeons – Anvil Rock

Guardian staff 3 skill

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Yes this is indeed a serious issue with that skill. It’s even worse if you already have swiftness on you.

Guardian staff 3 skill

Critical Brains.7062

yeah very true on both.. and since my guardian has high boon duration the cooldown is not as long as the swiftness so like zappix said it definately seems worse when you already have swiftness

Guardian staff 3 skill

Posted by: Faelyia.7816

Faelyia.7816

I think a lot of the issues with this skill come from the fact that it seems to grant it’s swiftness buff in pulses every X seconds or so, rather than when a player touches it. If you’re unlucky with the timings, it seems you can travel across the symbol between pulses assuming you already have swiftness which is probably why I’ve had a lot less issues with the skill after I started using Writ of Exaltation (larger symbols).

Note the above is all based on anecdotal evidence and I honestly haven’t been playing a Guardian for that long.

Guardian staff 3 skill

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

We are aware of this issue, but I don’t have an ETA for when it will be addressed yet. Thank you for reporting it!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Guardian staff 3 skill

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

It has to do with the frequency at which the swiftness is applied. The pulses are far enough apart that it’s possible for you to walk over the field and not get one.

Guardian staff 3 skill

Posted by: Trollhammer.7439

Trollhammer.7439

yeah it is borked in more than one way. There is an ancient thread about it applying only 1 second of speed buff if you already had speed buff on you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Guardian-Symbol-of-Swiftness-bugged

Common guys, 4 months and still not even ETA on fix?

(edited by Trollhammer.7439)

Guardian staff 3 skill

Critical Brains.7062

^ thats a pretty long time for a skill to be buggy and I don’t see how this is a hard fix

Guardian staff 3 skill

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Weird, I can’t seem to get it not working. It seems to pulse every second and I always get it while standing inside it.

Guardian staff 3 skill

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Weird, I can’t seem to get it not working. It seems to pulse every second and I always get it while standing inside it.

I don’t usually have an issue with the skill by itself. Try casting Retreat first, then running through it. The little white border resets as if the extra time has been added but it doesn’t actually add the extra time. On the other hand if you cast the symbol first and then retreat the Swiftness stacks fine, but even though the Symbol cools down you can’t add another 8 seconds without waiting for Swiftness to expire first.

It’s extremely annoying given how freaking slowly the Guardian moves in the first place -.-

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Guardian staff 3 skill

Posted by: Jorund.6745

Jorund.6745

There are 2 things happening:

1. You can pass through a symbol between the pulses. So you won’t get it.
2. When you already have swiftness that you have given yourself and you try to apply swiftness again (as in first shout “Retreat” and then put down symbol of swiftness), it will only add 1 second to the timer. You can’t apply swiftness 2 times yourself on yourself. If you have swiftness already from your own and someone else gives you swiftness it works. EXCEPT when it’s the same skill (symbol of swiftness yourself, symbol of swiftness from someone else.

The one second add and last EXCEPT i’ve only seen happening on the symbol of swiftness and also not always.

The one second adding is also documented on the wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Symbol_of_Swiftness