Guild Chat bugged

Guild Chat bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nova.7261

Nova.7261

Is this subject going to get any serious consideration when moderators are merging posts from 2 years and 2 days ago?

I take issues with this unless people have actually had unfixed guild chat issues for almost the full duration of GW2. Have they?… There has to be a cut off point where a thread is considered dead or cold and should be locked, no?

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

nearly 3 weeks and no fix…

bunch of sorry kittens

All you are going to do is get this thread locked. Believe me, they know its glitched and not working.

We know anets not working, thats why are kittening, they are too busy coming up with the next gem store idea…

(edited by Allison The Strange.4519)

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: TwistedFate.8705

TwistedFate.8705

Seeing that this thread is 2 years old has gotten me a little bit concerned.. I now can’t talk in any new guild that i join, This really sucks after all the game is called guild wars 2.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: priorwt.6287

priorwt.6287

guild wars by definition places a significant amount of gaming importance on guilds.
however, being in a guild does not mean you are in a guild… a bug that began about 2 months ago has not been fixed. I am in a guild, after joining and representing I try to chat with guildees and get an error: “you are not in a guild”. thus, communication within every guild is broken.

this bug has been around forever it seems, way to long for this game. after all, isn’t GUILD wars suppose to support guilds? isn’t guild communication the basis of having a functioning guild?

the irony of this problem and the lack of a fix is a disgrace to the game we love.

budakaii/buda
Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Guild Chat bugged

priorwt.6287

this is absurd. ANET stacks this recurring issue over the original issue that was fixed over a year ago. DOES ANET EVEN KNOW THIS IS AN ON-GOING ISSUE? If so, they don’t seem to care, as they do not reply. This type of issue kills the game, because people who rely upon chatting to communicate lose their primary form of communication, and when communication breaks down the value of the game diminishes for many players. This is a huge issue for GW2. Although other issues are important, this issue nibbles at the core of the game.

budakaii/buda

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Jatari Thundercloud.3794

Jatari Thundercloud.3794

I sent some more info to Arenanet this morning to add to my ticket i submitted last week. Someone else in a different thread about this issue also said it started on April 1st which is when i transferred server and joined a new guild. Anyone else notice if this started for you recently on April 1st ??? Is there a connection with that day ? It might help their team find a solution faster if that is the case.

Defensive Tactical Commander
Server : Dragonbrand

Guild Chat bugged

priorwt.6287

it has been in place for at least 6 weeks.

budakaii/buda

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: SHJordan.5841

SHJordan.5841

Here a temp fix that worked for me, all thx goes for Dragonbrand Heroes gm Nickolas:
Step 1: Press Y
Step 2: Click on the green square
Step 3: Click on Invisible
Step 4: Click on the gray square
Step 5: Click on Online
Step 6: try /g hello there!

Hope it helps you guyz!

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Mister zeeRo.8561

Mister zeeRo.8561

Here a temp fix that worked for me, all thx goes for Dragonbrand Heroes gm Nickolas:

Hope it helps you guyz!

Not working for me, left guild, recreated one, representing , offline, online, away, not working

Other guild chat working fine

Unlocking Traits is a Nightmare since April 2014
One year & 90+ pages of outcry later : NOTHING

Guild Chat bugged

Mister zeeRo.8561

Create guild , check ,
Representing as leader , check

/g Test

“You are not in a guild”

WTF ?

unrepresent, represent other guild

/g test , working

back to newly created guild, represent, /g test

nothing

Y , invisible, away ,online

Guild chat totally invisible not even the “You are not in a guild” message appears

Please fix this, I’m in a hurry to get a sPvP guild up because soloqueue has been UNBEARABLE in ranked games lately

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Krestfallen.8025

Krestfallen.8025

Hope it helps you guyz!

Thanks for trying to help out! But I’m pretty sure a couple of people have mentioned that this isn’t working for this issue.

Other things that don’t work:

• complety closing the client and logging back in,
  • standing down and then re repping the guild,
  • quitting the guild and then rejoining it,
  • repping a different guild (either another broken one, or one that still works) and then re- repping the broken guild,
  • doing all of the above but on a different character each time.

Thus far I have neither heard of, nor found any client side “work arounds” to this issue.
But again, it’s clear your suggestion was given with all the best intentions, so thank you very much ^.^

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: KazualGamer.1294

KazualGamer.1294

Well since Anet isnt fixing it, ill give you the way i actually solved the issue :

- Stand Down guild.
- Leave a “random guild” where the chat is working (get reinvited afterwards)
- Represent the “bugged” guild
- Go invisible -> Online
- Try to speak in guild chat.

It actually worked for me, and i hope it will help you guys.

[CoN]Circle of Nine – Warrior (Retired)
[iNk] Insidious Blink – Warrior (Retired)
[NB] Net Brutality – Warrior (Apply)

Guild Chat bugged

Jatari Thundercloud.3794

Tried that doesnt work.

Guild Chat bugged

Jatari Thundercloud.3794

tired something along those lines now i rejoined my old guild from Dragonbrand and followed your instructions. It did work gj. I must have lagged during transfer to a new server and guild and i had a ghost of me still in Dragonbrand.. woot i can see Guild chat in my new guild for the 1st time… Im so happy

Guild Chat bugged

Jatari Thundercloud.3794

Well since Anet isnt fixing it, ill give you the way i actually solved the issue :

- Stand Down guild.
- Leave a “random guild” where the chat is working (get reinvited afterwards)
- Represent the “bugged” guild
- Go invisible -> Online
- Try to speak in guild chat.

It actually worked for me, and i hope it will help you guys.

This works ty so much..

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Got the same problem with a guild I joined today.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Guild Chat bugged

Jatari Thundercloud.3794

Try what i just posted above from what the user above me said. It Worked . The bug is gone. In my case i had to rejoin my old guild in my old server that i transferred from last week. Altho your in a new guild or server the game thinks your trying to chat in 2 guilds at same time which is impossible thus the bug. Thats my take on this but the user above me his post was my fix. what he/she did works..

Guild Chat bugged

Mister zeeRo.8561

This is what i will get every time i try to post in guild chat only on my newly created guild

Same here,

I’m playing “Wars 2” at the moment

nothing seems to fix my guild chat, which btw works fine on other guilds

Guild Chat bugged

Jatari Thundercloud.3794

This is what i will get every time i try to post in guild chat only on my newly created guild

Same here,

I’m playing “Wars 2” at the moment

nothing seems to fix my guild chat, which btw works fine on other guilds

go check this it works go to last 3 posts

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Guild-Chat-Broken-1/page/2#post4955933

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: TwistedFate.8705

TwistedFate.8705

Well all of a sudden my guild chat is working again lol. Happy days \o/

Edit: last night i did leave all my guilds and then rejoin them.

(edited by TwistedFate.8705)

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Yes, I saw that. But I am not willing to leave any of my guilds since that would lock me out of the guild banks for 3 days.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

´¨)
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Bump
Some ZeuS can still not talk unless kicking, leaving last guild, join ZeuS first and rejoin the guild he left…

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Guild Chat bugged

Mister zeeRo.8561

ok so here’s what’s up :

I was part of one single guild : [DVDF]

then I tried joining a sPvP guild, the guild chat problems started there.

after joining and representing while appearing online, the chat told me :

“youre not in a guild”

so i did the whole , relog, go invisible, then back online crap.

the new guild’s chat was still invisible to me.

I’ve created my own guild and have the same issue within its guild chat while repping it.

Thats when i left ALL my guilds to try and “restart/refresh” the roster

while back on the character selection screen i could still see some toons representing guilds i just had left.

I logged on all those toons to double check leaving guilds.

I asked on /m chat to get a guild invite to test if it fixed the problem

a guild called [One] kindly invited me
I Join / Represent all that good stuff, the guild chat seems to be working

…I get the invite from my main guild [DVDF]

I represent , write in /g chat and i get the message on my screen “No one hears you”

so i go offline, relog, go invisible and back online , try to write in [DVDF]’s guild chat and nothing appears on my screen, nothing at all, not even an error message

Meanwhile the ppl in [One]‘s guild whisper me and tell me they can read everything i’m trying to write on [DVDF]’s guild chat while representing [DVDF]

…so basically the guild chat is completely broken for me.

since no matter which Guild chat i write it, no matter which guild i’m representing ALWAYS appears on [One]’s guild chat.

Ive wasted 2g creating and deleting guilds trying to fix this problem and it is only getting worse

PLEASE FIX THIS

Guild Chat bugged

Nova.7261

It don’t get it…

Why isn’t this getting any attention from Anet?

Guild Chat bugged

Mister zeeRo.8561

ok so here’s what’s up :
I was part of one single guild : [DVDF]
then I tried joining a sPvP guild, the guild chat problems started there.
after joining and representing while appearing online, the chat told me :
“youre not in a guild”
so i did the whole , relog, go invisible, then back online crap.
the new guild’s chat was still invisible to me.
I’ve created my own guild and have the same issue within its guild chat while repping it.

Thats when i left ALL my guilds to try and “restart/refresh” the roster
while back on the character selection screen i could still see some toons representing guilds i just had left.
I logged on all those toons to double check leaving guilds.
I asked on /m chat to get a guild invite to test if it fixed the problem
a guild called [One] kindly invited me
I Join / Represent all that good stuff, the guild chat seems to be working
…I get the invite from my main guild [DVDF]
I represent , write in /g chat and i get the message on my screen “No one hears you”
so i go offline, relog, go invisible and back online , try to write in [DVDF]’s guild chat and nothing appears on my screen, nothing at all, not even an error message
Meanwhile the ppl in [One]‘s guild whisper me and tell me they can read everything i’m trying to write on [DVDF]’s guild chat while representing [DVDF]
…so basically the guild chat is completely broken for me.
since no matter which Guild chat i write it, no matter which guild i’m representing ALWAYS appears on [One]’s guild chat.
Ive wasted 2g creating and deleting guilds trying to fix this problem and it is only getting worse

PLEASE Fix this ?!

Guild representation being toon specific is already a bad design, now the multiple guild system is completely useless for me.

and when i say “fix this” i mean : undo whatever you’ve done that broke a working system in the first place because this issue is recent.

and when i say “PLEASE” i mean : not like when you ruined the trait unlock system and ignored 100+ page of forum feedback over the period of a WHOLE YEAR.

Seriously Anet, get your kitten together.

Awesome April fool’s joke btw , I bet the families of the victims on the german wings flight must have found that hilarious

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guild Chat bugged

priorwt.6287

Anet integrity is waning. When are you going to wake up and read this post?

This issue is pervasive and is making guilds impotent in building teamwork; rather, this problem is breaking guilds.

Anet? ARE YOU THERE?

budakaii/buda

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Sax.7931

Sax.7931

I have some people in guild who relog, reinstalled, and even did the leave and reinvite to guild as well as Y going away or offline and back online and nothing works. is this something that’s actually going to get fixed?!

“I am greatness getting greater”

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

No clue, there are already multiple threads about it as well as reddit posts. Many have the same issue, it started with the patch last week, anet has lots of bugs they are working on and I’m sure are working on it.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: bandgeekdp.9237

bandgeekdp.9237

I have no idea what to do either, but I am truly outraged that guild chat bugs have been going on for over a month and ANet still has yet to fix them. There is no excuse for the lack of care given to such critical game-altering bugs. I am about ready to move on to a different game if they can’t get this figured out. Getting ready for an expansion is no excuse because game makers are always getting ready for new content. It is heartbreaking and an insult that we are having to wait so long to get this fixed.

I just joined a wonderful new guild about a week ago and haven’t been able to even introduce myself yet. This bullkitten needs to get fixed right now.

Guild Chat bugged

Beorn Saxon.4762

Yes it’s upsetting.

They have not commented at all, so you have no clue what they are running into on their end. 1) I’m sure they know of the issue 2) I’m sure they know how upsetting it is for players (they are also gamers too). 3) I’m sure they are working on the issue.

It sucks for many people. Typically anet doesn’t take the time to update us every day because they are actively working on fixing the problem. We’ve had many bugs recently that never get a formal discussion about, but we see an update with a fix.

If anyone truly does care about the game and the community, focus on the big picture and the long haul. Getting really upset over a short term issue, making threats or raging has never helped an issue, it only shows how self centered a player is.

Respect, facts and truthful honest are some of the best things to help resolve an issue.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

(edited by Beorn Saxon.4762)

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

I’m having the same issue and no matter what I tried it doesn’t work for me. After contacting Customer Support this is the reply I got.

Issues like the one you reported often are complex to resolve, and the time it takes to fix them can vary widely based on the severity and complexity of each issue. Because of this we are unable to provide a timeframe in which the issue might be resolved.

We are sorry we are unable to immediately assist you. However, If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Basically, they know and are working on the issue. No idea when the fix is coming – sit tight and read the forums.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Slagar.7125

Slagar.7125

Alright. ANET, I will remain polite in this bug report, but I want to let you know that it is EXTREMELY difficult for me. The name of your game is Guild Wars 2, yet you can’t fix a bug within guilds that has been going on for weeks on end. Please fix this bug now that at least one person has reported it.

I was in 5 guilds, left 2, now joined up with another 2. In these new guilds, I cannot EVER speak in guild chat. I have tried relogging, restarting the game, restarting even my PC, going into Invisible and Away mode, changing reps, and leaving and rejoining. Nothing works. In the 3 guilds I have stayed in previously, I can speak fine. This is extremely annoying, and I would appreciate you not ignoring your players and fixing it.

Guild Chat bugged

Beorn Saxon.4762

You are the third person today to start your own thread on this topic.

Scroll through the first and second pages to see if your bug has already been reported and join those discussions.

It’s been discussed many times over the past week or two. If you send in a ticket to support you’ll get the same response we all have. It’s a large issue that they are aware of and working on. Nothing else you can do.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Try what i just posted above from what the user above me said. It Worked . The bug is gone. In my case i had to rejoin my old guild in my old server that i transferred from last week. Altho your in a new guild or server the game thinks your trying to chat in 2 guilds at same time which is impossible thus the bug. Thats my take on this but the user above me his post was my fix. what he/she did works..

Ok I just tried your guide after much consideration. Now I got this bug with 2 guilds (the one Ieft to do your guide and my new one). So its now worse than before :/

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: nexidecimus.5973

nexidecimus.5973

as a guild leader this is EXTREMELY determential to my ability to actually be a guild leader. Anet, you should probably look into fixing existing bugs like this before you think about releasing new outfits. p.s. balth outfit looks great. good job.

Noella Frostfire – Team P Z

Guild Chat bugged

Nova.7261

I just left all my guilds, couldn’t talk with them anyways because communicating with a guild group via whispers just isn’t feasible

Problem solved…

Guild Chat bugged

priorwt.6287

left all guilds and re-logged. problem remains.

budakaii/buda

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Joen.6721

Joen.6721

See title, the things i type don’t even show up in my chat box they just disappear into space. this is the second guild i’ve joined that this has happened with. I’m lucky they still keep me around.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Sophie Gifu.9762

Sophie Gifu.9762

I’m having this issue as well. The game tells me that I am either not in a guild or that noone hears me.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

Just a suggestion … There is a button to represent the guild. Did they do that? If you dont its almost like your not in the guild.

Guild Chat bugged

Ballistic.4531

Just a suggestion … There is a button to represent the guild. Did they do that? If you dont its almost like your not in the guild.

You’re right, but the problem is more than that (I so wish it was only that). The problem here is that after you start repping and try to /g chat you get a message “You are not in a guild.”.
And some people have started getting this problem even with being in a guild for a long time. It just started affecting them all of a sudden.

Guild Chat bugged

Ballistic.4531

Customer support confirmed to me that they are aware of the problem and working on it. They can’t estimate when the fix is coming due to it being a complex problem.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Not-in-a-Guild-bug/first#post4957845

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Sax.7931

Sax.7931

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/104791/gw202.jpg

copied from another post, but this is what it is, not a ‘hit represent’ issue

“I am greatness getting greater”

Guild Chat bugged

priorwt.6287

I am, but the game says I am not when I try to guild chat.
Lots of people have this problem.
I tried invisible/online, leaving guilds-reclogging-rejoining guilds, nothing works.
Why isn’t Anet responding to this error?

budakaii/buda

Guild Chat bugged

priorwt.6287

Yes, I am in a guild actually.
However, when I try to guild chat I get this message: you are not in a guild.
I tried invisible/online, leaving all guilds-reclogging-joining a guild, nothing fixes it.
I am unable to chat in guild chat and there is a bug 2 years old that seemed to have fixed a similar issue; however, this issue is not resolved.
lots of people have this issue in the past 6 weeks.
Is Anet ever going to address this?

budakaii/buda

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

I just quit all my guilds. The only guild I liked I could never get the chat to work in. Maybe because they had so many members? Idk. It seems pointless to represent when I can’t talk to the other guildies so I’ve gone lone wolf.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Krestfallen.8025

Krestfallen.8025

Not sure if you’re trolling or genuinely trying to be helpful, but posting something like this here is a little well…. yeah…

Anyway, numerous posters above have stated explicitly that they have tried de/re repping (meaning they know how to rep in the first place) and that it didn’t work.

They have also stated that they have attempted things well above and beyond simply hitting the Rep button to try and find a work around for this issue.

None of the posters in this thread are idiots and/or ignorant of the mechanics behind guilds. This is a bug. Guild Chat. Is. Not. Working.

If it works for you, great. But don’t come in here just ot be a prick to people facing an issue that legitimately impacts their gameplay experience.

And if you genuinely thought you were being helpful I apologize for snapping at you, but, well… the first step in curing “Foot in Mouth” disease is to make sure you’re aware of what the people around you are actually talking about.

Guild Chat bugged

priorwt.6287

Thanks Anet for giving us feedback. It doubles the frustration when you are trying to elevate a serious problem and find it falls on deaf ears. TY TY TY

budakaii/buda

Guild Chat bugged

priorwt.6287

Krestfallen. well done man. +1
We all appreciate the kind clarity of purpose.

budakaii/buda