Guild Chat bugged

Guild Chat bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Hi guys, I came on here to post some bugs about me not being able to see guild chat no matter what I do (did the whole invis/change rep, etc etc). But then I noticed there are several threads already, so I don’t want to add any more clutter.

What I cannot seem to find is somewhere that ANet has at least said “we have noticed you guys”. In fact, I see lots of people complaining about a lack of response on the issue. So just to be clear, have they responded, and can you please link the thread?

I understand there are many systems at work and bugs are complicated. What I would like is just for an ANet rep to say they are aware of this bug, so I can stop stressing out about it, and let them do their work. If they actually have not noticed all the threads and complaints, I think there is something seriously wrong with their attention to the community at the moment.

Anyways, my chat has been bugged for weeks, and literally all I can do is complain about it at this point…

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Hellbore.1473

Hellbore.1473

Still can’t believe that this bug is still a thing… 2 kitten years and I still haven’t seen a red post on this topic.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Rolco.6319

Rolco.6319

My guild chat is bugged as of two weeks ago.

Same as everyone else. “Says I’m not in guild”
Can’t see there chatter or write my own.

It is killing my community experience unable to have conversations and strategise.

Will try some of the possible temporary fixes here.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Rolco.6319

Rolco.6319

Same boat as you my man. I haven’t seen a response to which I am quite surprised!!
The reason for my posting here is also like you, I would like to cause attention and traction to the matter that it may be resolved and I encorage everyone to do the same, your voice matters. Thank you

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

I am also experiencing this issue. This has been an issue since Monday Night for me. I left my guild and xferred to a new server and joined a new guild. It’s annoying. And aggravating. A simple, “We are looking into it.”

I have tried all the “fixes” mentioned. Nothing works.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Jatari Thundercloud.3794

Jatari Thundercloud.3794

i fixed my problem and this is what i did and this is what i had happen. just a little over a week ago this bug hit me when i had left 2 guilds in another server and xfered servers and joined a new guild. The fix for me was this. I did not leave my new guild. I got an invite to my old guild where i knew chat worked. I repped them and chat worked. Now without leaving my old guild again that i had just been reinvited too i repped my new guild and tried to talk in guild chat. I didnt see guild chat nor could i type in it but it didnt say anymore (Your not in a guild ). I asked the guild leader of the old guild do you see me typing in your gc he said yes. So altho now i was typing in new guild chat or trying to the old guild i had just rejoined was seeing it. Now what i did is went invisible then visible then repped new guild and typed in guild chat. It worked and then i left the old guild and my guild chat has worked since that point 2 days ago. Thats how i fixed it. Hope it helps. as i said in a earlier post its like the game had a ghost of me in the old guild so it would be impossible to type in 2 guild chats at same time.

Defensive Tactical Commander
Server : Dragonbrand

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: AliceStar.2189

AliceStar.2189

I’m just adding the same stuff happens to me to each thread I find because maybe it will help. BUMP.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Tyldor.9078

Tyldor.9078

Bumping it up. I got the same issue, it doesn’t work in new guilds but the guild chat does seem to work for me in long established guilds.

Grandmaster Tyldor
Leader of Business Class [BC]

Guild Chat bugged

tluv.5821

Bumping to be on first page. This needs immediate attention. More so than the “PvE” paths.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Jiin.5392

Jiin.5392

I join a new guild i represent the guild, keep saying olso i not in a guild in guild screen i am olso .

Guild Chat bugged

tluv.5821

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: priorwt.6287

priorwt.6287

Current Status> Ballistic.4531 stated 2days ago that customer support is aware of the complex problem and are working on it. no fix date or timeline identified.

budakaii/buda
Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Wintuo.1356

Wintuo.1356

Idk if any1 noticed this but, when you’re trying to talk in the bugged guilds one of your non bugged guildies reads the spam you’re trying to send to the guild you’re repping. So id check the ones that still hear you if you’re texts are going to them, as it would be awkward on their end seeing endless hello’s.

Win Two Ohhh lvl 80 Human Mesmer
Guard the Guild lvl 80 Norn Guardian
Outlaws and Vagabonds(LaWz) on TC

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Draiath.5834

Draiath.5834

I’ve also received a reply from customer support saying that they’re aware of the issues and working on it but there’s no current timeline as to when it might be fixed. Sucks cause I miss being able to actually talk to guildies.

I’ve had it happen too where it will post the messages in the previous guild I was repping too. None of the advice in the previous posts has helped fix the problem for me

Draiath.5834
Co-Leader of [BLUR] Borderland United Recon
SoS EU Contact

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Silver Gen.6893

Silver Gen.6893

Soo, I have a few guild members who aren’t able to speak in our guild chat in particular. If they represent another guild, they can talk in the other guild chats, just not mine. I had them try the fixes that worked for the guild chat bug we had a few weeks ago (going invis/back online, backing out to character select screen/relogging) nothing worked. Is this an account issue for them or is there something else going on here? Any suggestions?

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Nova.7261

Nova.7261

11 days of broken guild chat now… Would be nice to see Anet say something publicly to acknowledge this as a pressing public issue. That would put my mind at ease at least. Yes I have had replies to my tickets but they just tell me that its complex and to watch the forums…

How long have some people been without guild chat? Just curious.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Hellos,

I joined a guild about 15-20 minutes ago and cannot talk in it. Chat works fine for all my other guilds just not the one I recently joined. I get the message you are not in a guild. I didn’t do a server transfer or anything out of the ordinary (except join this new guild hhh)

Tried all the regular work-arounds like going invisible and restarting.

Anet I demand eternity as compensation. Also someone please help

-Me

EDIT:

FIX THANKS TO KazualGamer.1294

- Stand Down guild.
- Leave a “random guild” where the chat is working (get reinvited afterwards)
- Represent the “bugged” guild
- Go invisible -> Online
- Try to speak in guild chat.

Edit2: Follow those steps EXACTLY; tried winging steps on another guild and it did not work.

OMG! Thank you so much!
Just tried this and it worked for me! Thank you so, so much!

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Title of the game is Guild Wars 2

Yet impossible to even interact with guilds via guild chat. It’s been weeks. HOW is it not fixed? Like, what?

Nothing works. Representing other guilds and re-representing, going invisible and online again, relogging, nil. It makes no sense. I don’t understand why this is such low priority to resolve and I’m really frustrated.

Does anyone know any temporary solutions?

Attachments:

Guild Chat bugged

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

That’s not helpful. I’ve tried that too, doesn’t work. I know there’s a ton of people having the same problem.

Is that all that’s available to us? :/

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: bandgeekdp.9237

bandgeekdp.9237

FIX THANKS TO KazualGamer.1294

- Stand Down guild.
- Leave a “random guild” where the chat is working (get reinvited afterwards)
- Represent the “bugged” guild
- Go invisible -> Online
- Try to speak in guild chat.

Edit2: Follow those steps EXACTLY; tried winging steps on another guild and it did not work.

DO NOT DO THIS ON A GUILD YOU WANT TO REMAIN TALKING IN!!! It transferred the problem to the guild I left and had to rejoin.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Keroro.6087

Keroro.6087

I’ve the same problem too, as many guildmates.
I’ve 4 guilds, chat works in first 2, last 2 are bugged. I’ve tried to leave a working guild as suggested, and join again, this is what happened.

Before

A – Ok
B – Ok
C – Bugged
D – Bugged

After

B – OK
C – Fixed
D – Bugged
A – Rejoined, Bugged

It seems I can talk only on the first 2 guilds.

(edited by Keroro.6087)

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Peter.9241

Peter.9241

Awsome i have this bug to!

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Scribble.8069

Scribble.8069

Have had this bug as well for a bit over a week. I’ve tried the above fixes, and can talk in every guild except for one.
The “bugged” guild was previously in the 5th guild slot, and it’s now in my 4th with the same problem. It could be chat only works in the first 1-2-3 guild slots?

Scribble Scrabbler
Kiss Kiss Bang [BANG]

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Riko.1309

Riko.1309

this just happened to me today
anet fix your kittening game

Jacquie – Elementalist – Tarnished Coast

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

So is this a bug that’ll fix itself after a few reboots?

Note: this thread was created over 2 years ago, and this is still an issue?

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

So my whatever my fifth/last guild that I’ve joined, I can’t access the guild chat.

If I open my guild window, its listed below ‘What Is a Guild?’.

I’ve left and moved the guilds around and whatever guild that is listed below ‘What Is A Guild?’, I can’t see guild chat.

I’ve gone ‘Available’ and ‘Invisible’, I’ve rebooted a number of times. I’ve left and asked guilds to reboot me, but none of that works.

Guild Chat bugged

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guild Chat bugged

Jiin.5392

I still have problems i realy tride everyting notting works

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Vhikzen.2960

Vhikzen.2960

Hi! Not sure if this is being looked into, but there is still an issue with people not being able to type in guild chat when joining a guild after the latest major patch. I can type in guilds I’ve been in for a while, but not any new ones I have joined. And when I do try to type into that guild chat, the text shows up in the guild I am not repping.

Things tried already:
- restarting client
- logging out/in
- going offline/online using the contacts window
- Unrepping and repping guild again
- repping another guild and then repping the guild I attempted to type in
- leave said guild and get re-invited
- type in chat anyway (can only be seen by previously repped guild)

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Esethia.9257

Esethia.9257

I have the same problem..

Guild Chat bugged

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guild Chat bugged

Jiin.5392

I have olso still problems keep saying i not in a guild tride all options notting work

Guild Chat bugged

Vhikzen.2960

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Esethia.9257

Esethia.9257

Same here, nothing works.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Still bugged after patch. sad.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

I thought it was strange when I posted a ticket they didn’t even ask what type of system my game was running on. I just got a “we know about the issue keep watching the forums” response. I’m starting to think this is out of their hands kind of we we’ll never be able to fix it problem.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Silverwolf.5398

Silverwolf.5398

I don’t know how many other people have this issue, but for me this is very serious and it’s negatively impacting my enjoyment of the game. I cannot type into guild chat or see the guild chat of any of the two guilds I am in. I get either ‘you are not in a guild’ or ‘no one hears you.’
I have tried unrepping/rerepping
Appearing offline and back online
leaving and rejoining all of my guilds
Going to different areas of the world and on different characters
Making my own guild, repping it, then repping the others
And finally I uninstalled and re-installed the entire game.

This is week three now I have dealt with this. It is both frustrating for me and my guilds. Please fix this Anet.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: tenklo.6104

tenklo.6104

Try turning invisible then online…..it what fixed it for me

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Peter.9241

Peter.9241

Did annyone with this problem a response back of our anet friends?!!

Guild Chat bugged

Vhikzen.2960

Try turning invisible then online…..it what fixed it for me

Already tried, as noted. =) The other person also tried that already. Still nothing. This has been going on for weeks now.

Guild Chat bugged

Vhikzen.2960

Hell, I’d even take a “Hi! We’re trying to fix the problem!” from Anet at this point even if it doesn’t get fixed right away. I’ve been waiting update after update trying to see if it works and it’s disappointing each time. It sucks when you or your guildies can’t include themselves conversation.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: MrChiefem.2781

MrChiefem.2781

BOYCOTT!!! i believe its time to boycott the game until this issue and there buggy patches are fixed they need to get the dev. team together and figure something out because what they are putting forth even for a free to play game that I’m sure most of us have spent a fair amount of real money into, they sure do take a long time to fix what seems like a pretty easy fix. seeing how u had what looks like the same exact or similar problem a year ago. might wanna look back into what u guys did then just saying. and don’t delete my post just because i advise a Boycott!!!

oh and by the way this game sucks with out the Guild community to talk to and do stuff with in game. so u basically ruined the game for me at least. thank Anet
just my take on it, rant over.

Game and expansion are going to tank if they are buggy like this for this long.

(edited by MrChiefem.2781)

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

I am not able to use guild chat, I have tried the invisible to online trick, left guild and rejoined, etc. I cannot talk in chat no matter what I do. Any other tricks to make it work?

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Guild Chat bugged

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

sadly, as I already said, none of that works. Anet messed something up badly and needs to fix it :/

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Tijgertje.7461

Tijgertje.7461

Guild chat has been failing since the March patch, was hoping for a fix today. Well. Any solution? Leaving is not an option

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: CptTrips.6512

CptTrips.6512

no problem with guild chat here.
Set your state to offline and than back to online again, this can resolve some issues

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Misfed.8413

Misfed.8413

Has there ever been an official reply to this issue? This is beginning to really irritate me, and there seems no method to fix it. I’ve tried all the various folk remedies people mention on the forums, and none of it works.