Guild Chat bugged

Guild Chat bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tijgertje.7461

Tijgertje.7461

Doesnt work, tried it, been like this for 2weeks now.
Tried reinvites to the guild, doesnt work.
Edit: Only is with one of my Guilds, to bad this is my primarly guild!

(edited by Tijgertje.7461)

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Esethia.9257

Esethia.9257

Ruining my gaming experience, it’s really frustrating.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Submit a ticket as the generic issue that was introduced over a month or so ago has well known workarounds (that appear to work for 99% of players). Are you sure you are repping the proper Guild? I know that’s a stupid question but it’s easy to not be aware of the current Guild you are representing. Also, Guild Representation is PER character (not for your entire account).

SERVICES (top right of page) > SUPPORT >Submit a Ticket (top right of that page).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: ViceeCRO.7519

ViceeCRO.7519

i joined in a second guild and i cant write on the guild chat.. but i can write on the first guild guild chat

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Submit a ticket as the generic issue that was introduced over a month or so ago has well known workarounds (that appear to work for 99% of players). Are you sure you are repping the proper Guild? I know that’s a stupid question but it’s easy to not be aware of the current Guild you are representing. Also, Guild Representation is PER character (not for your entire account).

SERVICES (top right of page) > SUPPORT >Submit a Ticket (top right of that page).

We are not stupid, thanks. All the workarounds posted on this thread arent working for the current bug.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: ViceeCRO.7519

ViceeCRO.7519

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: cap.1394

cap.1394

been having this bug for quite a while in the guild Tactical Terrorists [tPvP].

any1 has a word on when this can be fixed since it stopped preaty much 90% of the chat between guild mates.

Guild Chat bugged

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Abhorsen.2187

Abhorsen.2187

Now got a new, new guild…still cannot get chat to work. Please fix this as I am unable to see the coordination for events that goes on in guild chat

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Nerifes.4931

Nerifes.4931

Still bugged. Please fix your game ANET.

[TV] Jade Quarry

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: roana.2654

roana.2654

Had this issue last week with one guildie, he’s still awaiting a response to his ticket.

It came up again last night for a new guildie, and also another guy on our server. They both fixed it. The steps we did with our guild:

1. Have the member that cannot read chat leave the guild.
2. Completely restart the game (not sure this is necessary, but doesn’t hurt)
3. Leave one of the guilds you CAN see chat in
4. Rejoin the guild you cannot see chat for…. and you should be able to see chat again.

Not perfect, but nothing else was working. Not the invisible/visible trick that worked before their patch to ‘fix’ the guild chat issue back in March. Not rebooting the game, repeatedly. Not standing down and repping other guilds then re-repping the bugged guild. Not being booted then reinvited. Not leaving then being reinvited.

Another note, for the ANet devs… at the time I invited the ‘bugged’ player, every one of my invited, but not-yet-accepted-the-invite players was booted from my guild. I was the only one online capable of removing them from the guild, and did not do so myself. Hopefully that somehow helps figure out where the bugged code is!

Edit: Nevermind, apparently my guild was at its current cap, unbeknownst to me, and that’s why the invited-but-not-accepted folks were removed. Drat! Hoped it was a clue for unraveling this 2+ year old mystery as to why guilds can be borked.

Rowan Argent, Leader of Randomly Inappropriate [CYA], Gate of Madness

(edited by roana.2654)

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Joseph.9853

Joseph.9853

Had this issue last week with one guildie, he’s still awaiting a response to his ticket.

It came up again last night for a new guildie, and also another guy on our server. They both fixed it. The steps we did with our guild:

4. Rejoin the guild you cannot see chat for…. and you should be able to see chat again.

Not perfect, but nothing else was working. Not the invisible/visible trick that worked before their patch to ‘fix’ the guild chat issue back in March. Not rebooting the game, repeatedly. Not standing down and repping other guilds then re-repping the bugged guild. Not being booted then reinvited. Not leaving then being reinvited.

Another note, for the ANet devs… at the time I invited the ‘bugged’ player, every one of my invited, but not-yet-accepted-the-invite players was booted from my guild. I was the only one online capable of removing them from the guild, and did not do so myself. Hopefully that somehow helps figure out where the bugged code is!

We shouldn’t have to do that, that’s the deal.

I’ve had people, sadly, who left my guild because of this issue. While I tried to help them resolve the issue to the extent of knowledge I have on the issue, didn’t seem to work.

This does need to get a fixing!

Lanthun – [WISE] Wizened Wizards (Founder/Leader)

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: omegazone.9254

omegazone.9254

16.04.15 i am having same issues cant chat in any new guild but can in my old guild tried all the recommended but NO luck!

(Blub) Brotherhood of blub
Piken Square

(edited by omegazone.9254)

Guild Chat bugged

roana.2654

I absolutely agree it needs to be fixed… I am, however, glad to have found a workaround for it, so my guildies can see chat without waiting ages for ANet to fix something that’s been an issue for at least two years, judging by the start date of this thread!

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

This didnt work for me when i tried it, I had 2 bugged guilds instead of one instead.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Derpy One.7651

Derpy One.7651

I was told to check here for help because my guild chat wont work, it says “You are not in a guild” whenever I try to type…

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Misfed.8413

Misfed.8413

This is still being a major issue to my gameplay and I hope it gets looked at soon.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Deithwen.2894

Deithwen.2894

My guild chat don’t work! And it says “you are not in a guild”… I can’t read and write in a guild chat!

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: xSwissroll.9820

xSwissroll.9820

Created a new guild today and the guild chat is not working! Any helpppppp ?!?

Tried to go invisible and online but it doesn’t work.

Swisspancake ~ Elementalist
[ZzZz]ZombieCoast
Toastie~

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Hi!

So i joined a guild today, and the guild chat is bugged. When i represent the other guilds im in, it works to see and write in guild chat, but the new guild i joined…cant see guild chat and cant write in guild chat…says im not in a guild. Thats rly weird when it works in other guilds i was in already.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Nvm, i solved the issue by another thread. Had to leave another guild and then rejoin the guild that i wanted to join. Shouldnt have to do that tho!

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

We’re aware and there’s a fix planned for “soon” – I’m glad the workaround solved this for you.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Edit: Nevermind, apparently my guild was at its current cap, unbeknownst to me, and that’s why the invited-but-not-accepted folks were removed. Drat! Hoped it was a clue for unraveling this 2+ year old mystery as to why guilds can be borked.

Ok the reason this happens with one guild as I have observed after using your fix for a guild I just joined and switching in and out another guild is:

The last guild you join, so the last one in your list of guilds is the one you cant speak in guild chat on.

The guild I couldn’t use guild chat for (Guild 1) I left and then I left another (Guild 2), then rejoined Guild 1, and I could use chat. However after I also rejoined Guild 2, this time AFTER Guild 1, so it ended up with Guild 2 as the last guild in my roster, and the last guild I joined guess what? I couldn’t use chat.

The bug takes effect on the last guild you joined that fills up all the guilds you can be part of.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Guild Chat bugged

roana.2654

Many have said it’s their final guild slot, but I have another guildie with the bug now, who says he isn’t in any other guilds, and can’t see guild chat. We tried inviting him to other guilds, but he can’t see chat in them, either. C’mon, ANet. Find a fix for this!

Guild Chat bugged

roana.2654

Workaround isn’t working for all. I have one new guildmate who says he isn’t in any other guilds, and cannot see guild chat. We’ve tried inviting him to other guilds, hoping he’d have guild chat there, and the workaround would work… but that hasn’t been the case. He can’t see chat in any of them. One thing he mentioned… he was part of forming two new guilds this week, and is blocked from forming more (not sure what that timer is). Hope this helps, and a fix is imminent much sooner than “soon”.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Sprick.4958

Sprick.4958

Please fix this tried all the method, but none works for me.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: RenMc.6038

RenMc.6038

Ok did every step asked and still only can use guild chat in 1 guild I joined. The rest I can’t see and it says I am not in a guild. This is annoying, I have tried logging off, waiting, going invisible and then online, I have tried the reinvite and nothing..

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Lord Azazel.8703

Lord Azazel.8703

I was thinking of returning to the game ( have been on a break ). But after seeing this bug is still around.. I think i will wait until this is fixed since my primary means for commutation is guild chat. And if that is bugged than it effects my game play a lot

I hope to see this bug fixed Soon before the expansion launches . Although i am curious does it effect everyone or is it random ?. Like does it happen 100 percent of the time or no ?

this worries me a lot.. Since I am worried that If i was to say return today.. Would my guild chat be bugged as well or as I stated above it is completely random…

(edited by Lord Azazel.8703)

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Wanda Wisely.7058

Wanda Wisely.7058

Whenever I join a new guild and represent, I cannot see guild chat. If I type something it says “you are not in a guild”. I have done the go invisible and back again online thing and no success. I have found out the only way to fix it is by leaving my other guilds, then I can guild chat with the new guild. But I don’t want to do this as I want to be able to represent in more than one guild. Can this be fixed?

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Misfed.8413

Misfed.8413

This is my daily reminder that this bug is making the game significantly less enjoyable to numerous people and it’d be delightful if it got taken a look at as soon as possible. Getting really tiring not being able to interact with any guild.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Fix this please. I want to be able to see Yellow Text again.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

Guild Chat bugged

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Ghostly Demise.5786

Ghostly Demise.5786

So here’s the scenario, I’m in 5 guilds:

[TF] – I have been in for 3 weeks
[Rx] – I have been in for a year
[Suit] – I have been in for a year
[TDS] – I have been in for a day
[AUNZ] – I have been in for 3 hours

So my problem is I am trying to type or receive guild chat messages in [AUNZ], however everytime I am repping and try to type it appears with a message “You are not in a guild.” I also can’t receive messages from the guild chat as well. I have tried everything, appearing offline and online, repping and unrepping, restarting my gw2, leaving and joining back, getting kicked and joining back, legitimately everything.

All other guilds I can chat in without error.

Is there a fix for this?

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: deo.9847

deo.9847

same here can’t shout out or received messages in my guild…. can somebody help us

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Molesworth.1684

Molesworth.1684

Same here, for one of my guilds, I receive the error message ‘you are not in a guild’, or alternatively sometimes nothing happens when I write in guild chat. I have had this bug since I joined the guild, Stomp for Piken in Piken Square. Guild chat for PSDH works fine. Please fix it!

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Molesworth.1684

Molesworth.1684

Same here, for one of my guilds, I receive the error message ‘you are not in a guild’, or alternatively sometimes nothing happens when I write in guild chat. I have had this bug since I joined the guild, Stomp for Piken in Piken Square. Guild chat for PSDH works fine. Please fix it!

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Springbrook.5602

Springbrook.5602

I have the same issue as well. Tried the work-around listed above and no luck.

Same problems that Molesworth described. I have tried logging in/out, being demoted/promoted in guild, being kicked from guild and re-joining, leaving guild and re-joining. Nothing seems to work.

I gotta admit being in a WvW guild this is very frustrating. Any ideas when this will be fixed?

Spring
Guild Leader – Holding Down the [FORT]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Springbrook.5602)

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Dhargo.7569

Dhargo.7569

We tried the same as Spring. I have a new member that is an old friend from our old server. We’ve tried everything we could think of and nothing works. Also being a WvW guild, it is extremely frustrating, not being able to communicate. This really needs to be addressed, as guild coordination is essential to what we do.

Lord Dhargo
DgP Leader

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Penelope.5037

Penelope.5037

This has happened several times now. Invite new member then they are unable to use guild chat. They then purposely go invivible/ then onlline again, log out and on again, leave guild and accept new invite and still unable to use chat. This is getting really annoying.

Attachments:

Guild Chat bugged

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

Bugged for me too. My other 4 guilds work but the last one I joined just now doesn’t.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

None of my guilds work. Not even if I go invis. Totally borked. They should incorporate the fix into the expansion. Make a mint.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

(edited by Drow.2081)

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

GUILDwars 2. This might need a fix.

That which has no life.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Cynders.3214

Cynders.3214

I’ve had this problem for weeks and I’m tired of having to drop guilds and then rejoin only to have the guild I’ve dropped to fix another guild’s bug, bug out…I even created my own guild today and I cannot even speak in, or even see guild chat. It constantly says “You are not in a guild”.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: micheal.8793

micheal.8793

This is happening on my other account, and it is really frustrating. I have to rep multiple guilds for WvW purposes and not being able to chat in one of them is effecting my gameplay greatly.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Slagar.7125

Slagar.7125

ANET…

Seriously, hurry the f*** up. It has been over 2 weeks and I cannot speak in my guilds. 2 weeks of playing your game without proper communication and 50% of the fun. Don’t give us: a fix planned for soon. Give us a fix now. The name of your game is GUILD Wars 2. It isn’t okay when the guilds don’t work themselves.

I don’t understand why this has not been a top priority for you guys. A bit of work on your end can save thousands of hours of frustration for your playerbase. I bet there are valuable members of the GW2 community quitting on a daily basis because of this bug, but apparently you still don’t care enough to fix it.

Hurry up already, and stop slacking.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Kallandra.2610

Kallandra.2610

None of the work-arounds so far are working. I run one of the largest roleplay guilds on Piken Square (The Wandering Roleplayers [RP]), and our new members are leaving as they can’t use guild chat! With nigh on 500 members most of the time it’s frustrating to be losing people thanks to this bug!

As for me, I recently joined another guild (my 5th) and I can’t access their guild chat at all. None of the work-arounds work for me. This is very frustrating!

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: Missnicole.4378

Missnicole.4378

I am having the same problem no matter what I do, even the invisible thing doesn’t work for me.

Guild Chat bugged

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

no workaround has worked for me. i have this issue also