Guild Chat doesn't work since last patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: terrygodking.1463

terrygodking.1463

hey guys,

the guild chat doesn’t work for me after yesterday’s update! this is a real pain, since i love to chat with my guildies.

anyone else has the same issue or any workaround?

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

Specifically, which part doesn’t work?
For me, sometimes my characters are hit with “not in a guild” (even though they are representing, and a different character on my account will be able to use it fine).

Also, there’s the issue brought up in another thread about how switching tabs, or anything that causes chat tabs to “refresh” (like changing maps) will erase everything said in guild chat.

Is your problem one of those or something else? (and I think our best bet is going to be waiting for a hotfix of some sort).

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/

Posted by: terrygodking.1463

terrygodking.1463

thank you for your response!

yeah, you are right: i get the “you are not in a guild” message. representing another guild and then switching back doesn’t solve it

i’ve seen the thread with the tab switching, but i don’t get any messages from any of my guildies….

imho chatfunction is really crucial to a mmo and i really hope they bring out a hotfix pretty quick!

Posted by: Killjoy.9213

Killjoy.9213

I too am also still having an issue with the chat window in general.

• chat refreshes when ever I switch tabs or changing maps.
  • and whenever a guildie says something in my “Guild Chat” tab it shows up in all of my other chat tabs where I do not have ‘view guild chat’ checked.

As for other characters getting hit with the “not in a guild” despite repping a guild, I don’t know due to being on my main since the update.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Try setting your status to invisible and then to online again. Then cram all your chats (map, say, guild…) into the first chat window. That’s what helped me get my guild chat back without the tab-switching problem, though it’s hella confusing when I sit in Lion’s Arch -.-

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: CowAbductionInc.9687

CowAbductionInc.9687

Like the person above me said, going Invisible, then Online, fixed it for me – although when trying to come back Online, my client crashed. Once I logged back in, everything worked fine, and I was able to talk in guild chat, as well as switch to Invisible/Online without crashing.

Posted by: Cenefiel.8164

Cenefiel.8164

same here. I type something in guild chat, I go into a different chat tab and when I go back to my guild chat tab the messages are gone. mine and my guild mates. ive tried going invisible then back to online, nope, I even left my guild then re-repped it still no.

Posted by: ViperX.7690

ViperX.7690

Had the same problem, all my characters would say you are not in a guild when trying to chat even though I was. Did the invisible/online thing and that fixed that problem, i can now chat but have the same problem with switching tabs, all the guild messages go away except in the main chat tab.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

This is the single biggest bug in the patch, imo. It is holding up pretty much all organized guild activities, which, to many of us, are the core of why we play gw2.

This really needs to be treated as a SEVERE game breaking bug and should take priority over everything else. Fix this and then they can start working on the other bugs.

If they dont have a quick fix, then they need to roll back Monday’s changes until they have a fix for it. It is that serious to many of us.

Posted by: Heather.4823

Heather.4823

guild chat wipes when you switch tabs and you cant type in guild chat unless you go offline and online again

Siren – Aurora Glade

Posted by: Kranthor of Gondor.3791

Kranthor of Gondor.3791

I tired all that went off line and back on still wouldn’t work. Then I closed to desk top came back in was able to type in Guild Chat. Switched maps nope gone again. They really messed this up. My guild is also reporting that the buffs are broken. No guild buffs or upgrades for the guild are broken and or gone. This is nuts. Was this last patch not tested properly or something?

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Were going on the third day with this bug in the game. If they can’t get a fix in for it today, they really need to revert Monday’s patch until they have a solution.

Going this long without functional communication within guilds is very much a gamebreaking bug. This really needs to be fixed.

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

Our guild is experiencing this as well. the invis/online work around only helps in the short term, but as noted previously changing maps seems to kill communications again. This bug has pretty much killed coordinated guild events for us. The odd thing is that this is the first/only post I have seen on this issue despite how long it has been going on.

I kinda wonder if this is a problem that is not universal so perhaps not everybody is having this problem? If it IS universal and nobody can communicate consistently via guild chat, how has this gone without even a comment by a dev or Gail for this long?

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM