Guild Favor in Guild Panel Gone

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

we have a guild panel bug that is showing to everyone in the guild. we are max level with 6,150 favor since there’s been no new hall builds as of and hour ago it shows us at 50 favor and to all the guild members i had check. tried posting the bug with a screen keep getting this page isn’t available yet? so trying to post this with out a screen. This needs fixed please sent an in game bug report with a screen. would like to be able to post it here. Is there a problem with the bug forums?

DivaCeryn.2673

Ok it posted with out attaching the screen shot? We also had a scribe in our guild make banners it says in history sent to que. When I go to the hall to put them through assembly they aren’t there.

(edited by DivaCeryn.2673)

DivaCeryn.2673

Still getting sent to a blank page when trying to post the screen that says sorry this page isn’t available yet with a link go back home?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Are you using the ‘More posting & formatting options…’?

Also, for an individualized response, you can contact the CS Team via the ‘Support’ link and ‘Submit a Ticket’ for assistance. (You won’t be able to attach a screenshot on the web-form, but you can reply to the near-immediate automated response, and attach the screenshot there.)

Good luck.

DivaCeryn.2673

yes i’m using the more posting options. I’ve never had a problem posting a screen with a bug report before. I had one of my Officers try to post it also he got the same thing i am getting. This is copied from the page we both get sent to trying to attach a screen, Sorry, this area isn’t available yet. Please check back later. Try going back home?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I just tried a couple of different attachments and I’m not able to include a screenshot either.

@DC: you can try uploading the image to some other public site and linking it, for now. It might be that ANet disabled attachments for some reason or that something is borked server side.

I’ll report the issue as well. Hopefully someone can take a look.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Van Morda.9560

Van Morda.9560

I just tried a couple of different attachments and I’m not able to include a screenshot either.

@DC: you can try uploading the image to some other public site and linking it, for now. It might be that ANet disabled attachments for some reason or that something is borked server side.

Uploaded this for Diva. Here are the images she wished to share.

http://imgur.com/a/eVhq2

DivaCeryn.2673

Uploaded this for Diva. Here are the images she wished to share.

The screen shots show the 6,150 Favor we had also the 3 other screens of banners and wvw tools sent to assembly in history but not in assembly que and were never built as you see in the History. And as I stated we have nothing to spend Favor on at this time since there are no new Hall builds. All of this happened some time around 3:45 and 5:00pm CST. Can you please fix this. thanks.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d share the screenshot with support if you want to get someone to take a closer look in the near future and help out [AW] sooner rather than later.

While you’re waiting… is there any chance that someone cancelled the queues (if that’s even possible) or that the banners completed that quickly? The logs sometimes don’t update immediately (which is probably more of a synchronization issue rather than a ‘bug’ in the fundamentals of guild processing).

I’m not in game at the moment, so I don’t have a chance to look at processing time or what the log displays before|during|after.

DivaCeryn.2673

Nothing was cancelled in the ques you would see that in history. I got on my scribe about an hour and a half ago to be safe just made a balloon it went to processing i sent it through it and it built. if something had been cancelled it would show in the screen of the history that was que’d to process. More importantly though is the 6,100 Favor that vanished around the same time. One minute it was there the next gone and it shows the same in all my members guild panels. We had 86 on and all asked what happened.

DivaCeryn.2673

I’d share the screenshot with support if you want to get someone to take a closer look in the near future and help out [AW] sooner rather than later.

While you’re waiting… is there any chance that someone cancelled the queues (if that’s even possible) or that the banners completed that quickly? The logs sometimes don’t update immediately (which is probably more of a synchronization issue rather than a ‘bug’ in the fundamentals of guild processing).

I’m not in game at the moment, so I don’t have a chance to look at processing time or what the log displays before|during|after.

No one can cancel a que it is sent straight to processing I then go que it to build thats how I noticed what he had built wasn’t there and thats when I seen all our favor was gone that we had been saving was when i opened the Guild Panel to go to the Hall. About 30 minutes before that I had went to the Hall to go to AB it was there. The missing favor shows on all the Guild Members panels. We had over 80 on around reset and they all were asking what happened to it. As you see in the post made by Morda he did screens and linked them he is an Officer in my Guild since somethings preventing screens from being attached. I waited a while got on my scribe went to the Hall to be safe made a balloon. It went to assembly it was there when I looked que’d it and it completed have a screen of that too. As I said the things built that didn’t show in assembly to build or show completed in the screen and our missing 6,100 Favor all happened during the same time frame, 3:45-5:00 pm cst. We aren’t worried about the missing things in assembly que what all of us are worried about and want fixed is the 6,100 Favor that just vanished and want it back or fixed, it took a long time to fully upgrade the Hall and get what we had. We had it saved for new Hall builds in the future. No one has permissions to purchase upgrades but myself and there is nothing to spend the Favor on at this time since there are no new Hall builds.

You said best to also go to support. Which would be better open a ticket in support on the forum site or email? I just logged on this morning in hopes it was just a bug or glitch and its still gone and still showing the same in all the guild members panels too.
Anything else I or my guild need to do to get this fixed and back? We appreciate your help. Thanks

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is only one way to contact the CS Team and that is through the ‘Support’ link above/below where you can ‘Submit a Ticket’ for assistance.

Good luck.

Posted by: Benikata.9470

Benikata.9470

9:25am central, still only 50 favor in guild panel vs 6150 we had yesterday.

Posted by: MikeOnGlass.5810

MikeOnGlass.5810

I can confirm the guild panel bug is showing us at 50 favor instead of 6K+, despite our GH being at max level and full favor.

DivaCeryn.2673

I forgot to mention but Gaile Gray is in our Guild [AW] she has been for almost 2 years. She may be able to help verify this also. Also that we are on NA Stormbluff Isle.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The CS Team needs no verification from players, really. They have the logs, and the ability to see the Guild’s status. You just need to notify them of the issue via a Support Ticket.

Good luck.

DivaCeryn.2673

Not Secure: https://en.support.guildwars2.com/ i get that going to support to submit a ticket. Have never gotten that before on Chrome. The https has a slash through it. Ok got it to work and submitted a ticket. There are some of my Guild Members posting and sending tickets also. Please help us get this fixed we all worked very hard to get where we are to have it just vanish on us.

Posted by: Evilknite.7185

Evilknite.7185

I can also confirm our favor is gone. I tried to go to the ticket submit page and got the unsecured message also. Anet please look into this as we show only 50 favor now and we had over 6000 favor saved up.
Thank you!

Posted by: Tootall.1830

Tootall.1830

I also noticed this loss of favor and hope we can get it added back to our guild

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t think anyone doubts that you guys are seeing something troubling. I’m not sure, however, that it helps to have additional tickets or posts, unless folks are adding different details that will help ANet troubleshoot.

We know that Support’s queue is currently a lot longer than normal, due to interest in PoF and questions related to that. Plus, people returning to the game to catch up on this or that running into issues (including account theft).

So try to make things easy on support: stick to reporting the facts as clearly & concisely as you can. Don’t create multiple tickets unless there’s something unique to offer — instead, update DivaCeryn’s original ticket whenever possible.

tl;dr it seems like there’s something going on; make it easy for ANet to help you and please be patient (it might take longer than you think to unravel).

PS I’m sure it’s frustrating to deal with this and I wish I had some ideas of things you could do in the meantime. For now, I’d continue to do guild missions and cross your fingers that the issue will resolve itself somehow.

DivaCeryn.2673

Can update my ticket here guys. If i missed anything, pretty sure i didn’t but not sure. If you have something to add or that i missed please update my ticket.
https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/6588738

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Only you can see what’s in your ticket. You can share the details with the guild (or here, if you think there’s something missing). You can reply to the automated email (that confirmed the ticket’s creation) to add to the ticket… or use the website.

DivaCeryn.2673

Only you can see what’s in your ticket. You can share the details with the guild (or here, if you think there’s something missing). You can reply to the automated email (that confirmed the ticket’s creation) to add to the ticket… or use the website.

Ok i misunderstood i thought you meant they could also update mine. This is what I filed in the ticket. If i left out anything or missed anything let me know here or in game. Ty Ill

Guild Favor Missing With nothing to spend it on we are max level

DivaCeryn.2673Today at 11:27
we have a guild panel bug that is showing to everyone in the guild. we are max level with 6,150 favor since there’s been no new hall builds as of and hour ago it shows us at 50 favor and to all the guild members i had check. We also had a scribe in our guild make banners it says in history sent to que. When I go to the hall to put them through assembly they aren’t there.
The screen shots show the 6,150 Favor we had also the 3 other screens of banners and wvw tools sent to assembly in history but not in assembly que and were never built as you see in the History. And as I stated we have nothing to spend Favor on at this time since there are no new Hall builds. All of this happened some time around 3:45 and 5:00pm CST. Nothing was cancelled in the ques you would see that in history. I got on my scribe about an hour and a half after reset to be safe just made a balloon it went to processing i sent it through it and it built. More importantly though is the 6,100 Favor that vanished around the same time. One minute it was there the next gone and it shows the same in all my members guild panels. We had 86 on and all asked what happened. As I said the things built that didn’t show in assembly to build or show completed in the screen and our missing 6,100 Favor all happened during the same time frame, 3:45-5:00 pm cst. We aren’t worried about the missing things in assembly que what all of us are worried about and want fixed is the 6,100 Favor that just vanished and want it back or fixed, it took a long time to fully upgrade the Hall and get what we had. We had it saved for new Hall builds in the future. No one has permissions to purchase upgrades but myself and there is nothing to spend the Favor on at this time since there are no new Hall builds. Our Guild is Avalons Wraiths [AW] on NA Stormbluff Isle. Gaile Gray has been in our Guild almost 2 years now she may be able to verify this I am not sure. Anything else I or my guild need to do to get this fixed and back? We appreciate your help. Thanks This is the link to the bug report forum thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Guild-Favor-in-Guild-Panel-Gone

DivaCeryn.2673Today at 11:38
Here are the screens of what we had for Favor and what we have now after it vanished. also the screens of what was built and sent to assembly around the same time our Favor vanished. And a screen of the balloons i made around an hour after reset that showed up fine and completed. As you can see and as i said we have every thing maxed and there is nothing to use Favor on at this time.

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 11:27 AM, Guild Wars 2 Support <support@guildwars2.com> wrote:
#yiv5028895388 table td {border-collapse:collapse;}

Posted by: MegaSimMan.2490

MegaSimMan.2490

The missing favor was my fault. I apologize. I had let a friend play on my account for 20 minutes to see if he wanted the game. I stepped out to use the restroom. He must have used the favor then.

MegaSimMan.2490

The missing favor was my fault. I apologize. I had let a friend play on my account for 20 minutes to see if he wanted the game. I stepped out to use the restroom. He must have used the favor then.

For some reason, the member role had more permissions than higher roles for favors.
Regardless of the stupidity of my friend, the lack of proper permissions was the issue.

DivaCeryn.2673

For some reason, the member role had more permissions than higher roles for favors.
Regardless of the stupidity of my friend, the lack of proper permissions was the issue.

Permissions are set properly only myself, the Guild Leader, and my Officers have permissions to use Favor. So another glitch on anets end like the mission’s one that no matter what permission’s are set any one can start. Did you think about asking since you were talking to Dimi at the time? And still can’t post a screen showing how permissions are set since it’s not fixed yet.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks for posting, MegaSim. I’m glad you found an explanation.

Please double-check all the permissions before assuming that this is a glitch on ANet’s end. Some settings offer more permissions that you might mean to offer and it’s not always obvious.

Based on your posts above, I’m sure you’ve given a lot of thought to ranks & roles, including who has permission to promote (and how high) and which things are offered to incoming members as well as the first rank above that. It’s worth revisiting all of that again.

DivaCeryn.2673

Please double-check all the permissions before assuming that this is a glitch on ANet’s end. Some settings offer more permissions that you might mean to offer and it’s not always obvious.

Based on your posts above, I’m sure you’ve given a lot of thought to ranks & roles, including who has permission to promote (and how high) and which things are offered to incoming members as well as the first rank above that. It’s worth revisiting all of that again.

I checked and double checked all permissions for members are set just how I stated. Morda who posted the link to the screens shots since we still can’t upload them still is on his way to upload the screen showing permissions and will post the link.

DivaCeryn.2673

I checked and double checked all permissions for members are set just how I stated. Morda who posted the link to the screens shots since we still can’t upload them still is on his way to upload the screen showing permissions and will post the link.

Here is the link to the screen of how our Guild Permission’s have always been set.

https://imgur.com/MDenjTI

No one has ever been able to like I said or has ever done it. It appears that it is a glitch like i said and have seen so many other posts about on Guild Missions. No matter how they are set any one can activate them. Also you were talking to Dimi like i said and told him you were in the guild hall. You were in the Guild Office in LA that is the only place you can spend favor on banners and why the screens show you que’d them and the screen shows que was empty when i went to build them. /wiki bartholemew kangas

Evilknite.7185

As an officer in Avalons Wraiths I can vouch that the permissions were set correctly. This has to be a bug of some sort.

Posted by: Benikata.9470

Benikata.9470

As a member I’ve never seen permissions set to any other setting than shown here https://imgur.com/MDenjTI

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What rank did MegaSim have at the time? That’s the account that was used to queue the schematics (according to the post above).

MegaSimMan.2490

What rank did MegaSim have at the time? That’s the account that was used to queue the schematics (according to the post above).

I was a member.

DivaCeryn.2673

I was a member.

Correct he had member rank had only been in the Guild about 10 days. So by our permission settings that have always been in place he should not have been able to do this. Permission’s have always been buggy / glitchy like i said look at all the reports for mission’s settings on the forums. Even I have responded to a few of those.

Posted by: Mournblade.2105

Mournblade.2105

Veteran Member checking in – I can also vouch for the settings. Nothing has changed recently, and no easily explained reason for a regular member to be able to use any guild feature that would use favor. Please investigate.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Veteran Member checking in – I can also vouch for the settings.

It’s nice of all of you to back each other up, but it’s not necessary. No one doubts anyone’s sincerity. It’s just always a good idea to double check the obvious (I can’t tell you how many times the answer to, “why isn’t [my device] working?” has turned out to be an unplugged cable or switch turned to ‘off’)

Please investigate.

If you want ANet to investigate, you’ll have to create a support ticket. I recommend closing the original, since it was about where the favor went. Also, only one guild member needs to create the ticket — it only slows down support to create multiple tickets.

Posted by: MikeOnGlass.5810

MikeOnGlass.5810

Several minutes ago, I tested accessing guild favor at the Guild Requisitioner in the Guild Initiative Headquarters. With the permissions “Purchase Upgrades” and “Spend Claimable Upgrades” set to Off, I was unable to spend Guild Favor and got the expected error message. This is as intended; all to the good. However:

As far as I recall, Members have not had permission to “Purchase Upgrades” during my many months with the guild. I am not certain about the possibly-related “Spend Claimable Upgrades”, which is set by default to “On” for the Member Rank and if I recall correctly, is set to On for the Veteran rank.

I see a number of possible underlying issues with the permissions:

1. What the permissions control/allow/prohibit is unclear, and not well understood. The official wiki, so often a source of accurate and useful information, is virtually silent on this topic, and where there is discussion or posts, these are equivocal and uncertain. The function and effects of the murky “Spend Claimable Uprades” is particularly opaque, and the “just plain wrong” tooltip is no help : “Allowed to claim objectives.”

2. The interplay of permissions is not fully understood or documented, at least anywhere I can find. Some permissions seem to affect other permissions, and it’s possible these may cause unintended malfunctioning of the permissions system itself. My candidate for consideration is “Spend Claimable Upgrades” and I feel it should be looked at.

3. The permissions settings may not be “sticky”. Under certain conditions, the permission settings simply fail.

For context:
https://imgur.com/a/4Z798

DivaCeryn.2673

Veteran Member checking in – I can also vouch for the settings.

It’s nice of all of you to back each other up, but it’s not necessary. No one doubts anyone’s sincerity. It’s just always a good idea to double check the obvious (I can’t tell you how many times the answer to, “why isn’t [my device] working?” has turned out to be an unplugged cable or switch turned to ‘off’)

Please investigate.

If you want ANet to investigate, you’ll have to create a support ticket. I recommend closing the original, since it was about where the favor went. Also, only one guild member needs to create the ticket — it only slows down support to create multiple tickets.

What if I just update our original ticket I filed with the screen of permission settings and what we have found out now instead of closing it and starting a new one? As Mike said and myself and have seen on other forum posts the permission settings can and are buggy at times. This has been an ongoing thing since Hall were added and the Roster Changed to add Permission settings. As you saw in the screen Members don’t have permission’s to spend Favor on anything yet this happened and we lost everything we all worked hard for because of it.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t recommend updating the old ticket because it refers to a separate issue. And I always err on the side of making things as simpler as possible for support personnel who have a limited amount of time to begin reviewing tickets.

A new ticket, with the issue stated more plainly, will help speed up their process, e.g. something like:

a member without privileges to edit assembly queues or purchase upgrades was able to queue up several items which cost us most of our stored favor. Like most guilds, they had permission to ‘spend claimable upgrades’, which we presumed meant the ability to use already-produced ones, not to start new ones.

Can you clarify how we can allow members to spend without be able to queue changes? Or is something wrong the the privileges?

Thanks.

Attached: member’s rank displayed, that rank’s privileges, and the log showing which changes they queued up.

(Keep in mind you’ll only be able to attach one image to the initial ticket; you can send more as attachments to replies from the initial, automated email. If you want, you can combine all three screens into a single image.)

tl;dr make it easy on support to help you by reducing the text they need to read and absorb.

DivaCeryn.2673

I don’t recommend updating the old ticket because it refers to a separate issue. And I always err on the side of making things as simpler as possible for support personnel who have a limited amount of time to begin reviewing tickets.

A new ticket, with the issue stated more plainly, will help speed up their process, e.g. something like:

a member without privileges to edit assembly queues or purchase upgrades was able to queue up several items which cost us most of our stored favor. Like most guilds, they had permission to ‘spend claimable upgrades’, which we presumed meant the ability to use already-produced ones, not to start new ones.

Can you clarify how we can allow members to spend without be able to queue changes? Or is something wrong the the privileges?

Thanks.

Attached: member’s rank displayed, that rank’s privileges, and the log showing which changes they queued up.

(Keep in mind you’ll only be able to attach one image to the initial ticket; you can send more as attachments to replies from the initial, automated email. If you want, you can combine all three screens into a single image.)

tl;dr make it easy on support to help you by reducing the text they need to read and absorb.

They didn’t have permissions to spend claimable upgrades. They did have permissions to claim objectives and tactics. so how should i word it. it shows in the screen they didn’t have permission’s to spend claimable upgrades.
And he is no longer a member of the guild so i could copy and paste from here his comment of his guild rank.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They didn’t have permissions to spend claimable upgrades. They did have permissions to claim objectives and tactics. so how should i word it.

Just like that

it shows in the screen they didn’t have permission’s to spend claimable upgrades.

I’d still type it out, under the “make it easy for Support staff” rule-of-thumb. Include the screenshot so they don’t have to check.

And he is no longer a member of the guild so i could copy and paste from here his comment of his guild rank.

Good idea. You have the above screenshots, which you can use to show what things were like at the relevant time period.

Mournblade.2105

Thank you for the advice IWN. Much appreciated.

DivaCeryn.2673

Original ticket requested to close. will open a new one like you said Ill after i talk with the guild and gather thoughts on what all to put in the new ticket. thanks

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t believe you are able to attach any screenshots to the web-form used to submit the original tickets, but you can update the ticket with screenshots by replying to the near-immediate automated response.

Good luck.

MegaSimMan.2490

I was a member.

Correct he had member rank had only been in the Guild about 10 days. So by our permission settings that have always been in place he should not have been able to do this. Permission’s have always been buggy / glitchy like i said look at all the reports for mission’s settings on the forums. Even I have responded to a few of those.

I’ve been in the guild for months..

DivaCeryn.2673

I was a member.

I’ve been in the guild for months..

I’m sorry not months. If 10 days is wrong at best a few weeks. And wasn’t just you it was your “friend” you were letting play on your account. It really doesn’t matter now what you or your “friend” did is done. You need to read your Terms of Service or TOS it states it is against TOS to allow other people play on your account if it actually was because that’s when things like this happen. They offer free to play accounts for people to try out the game.
Had you been there that long with the large guild we are averaging over 150 on everyday you would have seen discussions about letting other people play on your account and what usually ends up happening what happened this time wasn’t a small thing it was a very Big Thing that cost the Guild what they had and worked so long and hard to get. The entire guild has experienced this in the past that is why there are limited permissions in place that apparently are buggy or not working as intended. We as a whole are handling this the proper way through this thread and by changing our filed ticket. Some good will come out of it since i was instructed quite nicely how to proceed from here by Ill. And a Big Thanks to Ill.

Mournblade.2105

Well that is a shame. The game doesn’t even start until level 80. You already know that.
They will probably restore the favor for you. You don’t need to be so angry about it.
It’s just a game, grow up.

Stay classy, buddy.

Fingers crossed we can get this resolved quickly. The countdown to PoF has started!!!

Evilknite.7185

Megasimman,
Why would we NOT be angry? You violated ArenaNet’s TOS and let a friend play your account and wiped out all our favor we had been working on for YEARS. When I say years I do mean that too. Yes it’s a bug but if you had not let your friend play your account we would not be having this issue.
I really hope Anet can fix this as I am going to be really bummed out if they don’t.

DivaCeryn.2673

Could we maybe get a DEV or a GM to respond. I’ve canceled my original ticket twice now and it’s still active.