Guild Hall Decoration Bugs

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: GuildWarsChamp.5302

GuildWarsChamp.5302

I just wanted to report a bug with the Griffon fountain… the bug freezes the water animation that comes from the fountain. It’s an awesome decoration, but it only works the first 10 seconds after entering the guild hall (in a new instance) and then it freezes up again. The water is quite lovely when working properly and looks alot like Lion fountain’s animation… which by the way, is working just fine… no matter how long you are in the guild hall. I know this isn’t game breaking, but a lot of gold was spent on creating this item and it would be nice if it worked properly

Here’s a link to the picture of my guild’s fountain on wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Griffon_Fountain.jpg

as you can see… the water animation isn’t flowing, but is still… like a flat water stream.

Balthazar Almighty
Representing: [ZoS] Zealots of Shiverpeak -Main guild on NSP
Leader of [TZ] Raiders of the Lost Temples -Temple Zerg

GuildWarsChamp.5302

Another decoration bug involves Vale Guardian pieces. The pieces can’t be removed at all and it would be nice if that could be fixed as well… they are stuck in a horrible place and I would love to fix it…

Balthazar Almighty

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

Thank you for both reports, Balthazar! We’re investigating both, though I cannot offer you an eta on fixes at this time.

Posted by: xerokitsune.5094

xerokitsune.5094

Just wondering, would it be possible to add an option to remove all of a single decoration? It may help with the occasional stuck decoration.
I know we have a full NUKE for decorations to place everything back into storage. A single type removal, would be nice.(Preferably without requiring the rights of the full nuke to prevent accidental disasters)

Posted by: Archranis.2375

Archranis.2375

Also, it seems impossible to select an individual decoration for removal when it’s close to other decorations. Can we please have a way to target a specific, single decoration for removal? The current AOE-style removals don’t get small enough to target a single decoration when the decorations overlap. If you accidentally place a decoration too close to another one, you’re stuck, and may have to spend hours recreating things because the removals cover too large an area.

[JUGs] Just Us Grownups — http://jugs-guild.com
Contacts: Archranis.2375 // Neksis Syxx.6983

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

I noticed that I was not able to remove the Vale Guardian pieces either. Of course I had to place them in the worst spot ever too just to test them out (aka the middle of the room).

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

We have 2 griffon fountains that do the same. after a bug patch awhile ago they would then work for 5-10 seconds then stop/freeze turn brown and look like mud. we also have a large brazer in the extended exploration unlock of the other 1/2 of our Hall that doesn’t work next to another one. Also bonfires and campfires won’t work they don’t have flames or smoke like they are supposed to. these weren’t cheap to build or unlock. The Lion Fountains work fine. screens attached.

Attachments:

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

Should be fixed now. Anyone still seeing problems?

GuildWarsChamp.5302

Should be fixed now. Anyone still seeing problems?

Thank you for fixing the water problem with the Griffon Fountain I just wanted to report one thing that came with the patch today… you can now walk through the fountain and its not a solid object anymore. Basically… you can’t walk up the steps anymore and go through the walkway without half your body going through the fountain.

Balthazar Almighty

(edited by GuildWarsChamp.5302)

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

This same “no collision” bug that happened with the patch today affected not only the griffon fountain but also the lion fountain. You can now walk right through the lion fountain.

DivaCeryn.2673

Griffon fountains water is working now but it caused a new issue with them. Can’t walk in them or place anything on them. things that were already placed on them before fix stayed where they were. added a new one today since they were fixed and found the new bug/glitch. Lion fountains are that way now also. see screens please.

Attachments:

GuildWarsChamp.5302

This same “no collision” bug that happened with the patch today affected not only the griffon fountain but also the lion fountain. You can now walk right through the lion fountain.

I can confirm that the Lion fountain is bugged, just like the Griffon fountain…

Balthazar Almighty

DivaCeryn.2673

just so you are aware its only the griffon and lion fountains made by scribe that are doing this now i checked one we designed using just the basic fountain. it is fine can place on it stand on it all you could do with the other 2 before the fix to make griffon fountain work.

Attachments:

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

Hey friends! I wanted to let you guys know that we’ve been looking into this. I cannot offer an eta for a fix at this current time though. Thank you all for your reports!

DivaCeryn.2673

There are still problems with other Hall decorations. Campfire, Bonfire and Firepits. All of these as posted before only have a slight glow no flame, smoke etc. If you make a gold fire pit or a brazer these work like they are supposed to. we even have a big fire pit in the unlock of further exploration in the other 1/2 of the hall that has no flame yet the one right by it does. can these be fixed please. scribe is outrageously expensive to make these things let alone the one thats automatically in the unlock of the other 1/2 of the Hall.

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

Hail and thank you for the report. This issue is being investigated!

DivaCeryn.2673

Here are screens of Bonfire not working as well as the fire bowl in the further exploration unlock. Also of the Firepit not working but the Gold Firepit and Braziers do as well as the basic torches. do not have screens of the campfire not working gave up and made them braziers.

Attachments:

DivaCeryn.2673

“Dara Potocska
QA Embed
Hail and thank you for the report. This issue is being investigated!”

any new news on a fix for all of these?

(edited by DivaCeryn.2673)

DivaCeryn.2673

Still no fix on the campfires, bonfires and the firebowl not working in the further exploration of the other 1/2 of the hall. Now we have a new bug as of yesterday. We have 4 gold raid trophies, several silver and bronze. Went to move them yesterday and our Gold Sloth trophy won’t erase so we can move it yet all the other trophies and everything else in the guild hall does. Any word at all on a fix yet for all these things. some have been months now.

DivaCeryn.2673

Found another bug or glitch in the further exploration 1/2 of our hall. all for guild flags only 2 show our emblem the other 2 do not. we don’t even know what the other 2 are.

Attachments:

DivaCeryn.2673

ok so its been over 2 months now and no response yet after fixing 1 fountain issue actually twice and all these other problems are still there. was told over 2 months ago was being looked into and no updates or response since.

Attachments:

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

Hail friends! Following investigation and discussion: “bonfire”, “campfire” and “firepit” were found to be behaving as expected – there are no bugs with their effects. What is and isn’t there is how they were meant to appear. Thank you for the reports and your continued passion for the guild halls and decoration systems. <3

Posted by: TerrorBite.7603

TerrorBite.7603

I can confirm the banner issue. The banners in question are in an area unlocked by the “Further Exploration” upgrade.

It would appear that these two banners do not have a texture assigned to them, and the game has fallen back to a generic “missing texture” asset.

I believe that I have previously submitted an ingame bug report about these banners.

Attachments:

Posted by: TerrorBite.7603

TerrorBite.7603

Thank you for the reports and your continued passion for the guild halls and decoration systems. <3

I’ve submitted a new ingame bug report about the banners so that you have exact location information. Hopefully the report makes its way to you!

DivaCeryn.2673

I have done the same Terror and the fire bowl not working in the further exploration. still dont get why they say the built fire ones are as designed when every where else in the game they work and flame.

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Hey guys! The banners in question have a fix in the works and should be looking proper once QA finishes testing the fix and we can release the work. Thank you for the reports and screenshots!

As for the fire bowl / brazier: the flames were not included deliberately. When the fire is lit in the brazier, the flames are high enough to lick at the branches of the tree above it. We love the tree and will not be igniting the brazier.

Thank you guys as always for your love of the guild halls!

Posted by: Risensoul Shockwave.1564

Risensoul Shockwave.1564

What about Sound? build expensive fountains and dont even make water sounds. Its not right.

Posted by: Cartune.6143

Cartune.6143

So I manage to build Seance Candle and it is like 3 bugs.
First: If you are en Decoration Mode, then its not on the list, can only use it if you press “G” and go under “Storage” → “Decorations” → “Festival” line 2 icon 7.
Second: If you place it, then it shows once and its gone.
Third: To see it again, you have to relog the Guild Hall and be fast to see it before it disappears into nothingness.

I dont know if it should keep on coming from the ground, but that kinda make sense that it should.

I made a little 1 min movie about just placing it to show what is actually going on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKo7jYbVzI&feature=youtu.be