Guild Hall Music The Caverns/Barren Heights

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Doncpauli.4217

Doncpauli.4217

After purchasing at the Guild Hall Music vendor, it will play the song but it wont get saved. So after re-entering the guild hall it will still play the previous set song and not the new one.

How to reproduce:
1: Visit, Guild Sound Technician.
2: Purchase any song except the caverns/Barren Heights.
3: Active song at Guild Panel will change to the new active one.
4: Now when uve set any song, purchase the caverns/Barren Heights song now.
5: Song will not change in Guild Panel, and remains the same.

Posted by: Ivy.8702

Ivy.8702

I just wanted to say that I am also experiencing this glitch. Bummer because it’s the one we want to use.

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Well, although I have the rights to change music, I can’t change any music permanently in the GH. It stays on the initial music I chose when unlocking it. So this effects not only The Cavern music, but all others as well. (Gilded Hollows)

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Deathicon.5341

Deathicon.5341

Same here. Can’t save it to play caverns music. Oh and btw, please add Tarir’s music. That’s the one we want in our guild hall.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I reported this bug on the forums in November and December. The music selection for the cavern hasn’t worked since then. It will start when first selected but never saved. I’m glad you made your post and got replies, I never received a reply to my thread.

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

ours is the same and we like the cavern music as stated it won’t stay on or show in guild panel and switches back to a city theme and even then after setting one of those its not playing when you re enter the hall…..hall bug / glitch #150?

reapex.8546

ours is the same and we like the cavern music as stated it won’t stay on or show in guild panel and switches back to a city theme and even then after setting one of those its not playing when you re enter the hall…..hall bug / glitch #150?

Issue wasn’t resolved in the Winter 2016 Patch.

Posted by: Klomar.8645

Klomar.8645

I’ve reported this bug using the in-game tool like 3 or 4 times, it’s been 6 months now that this bug exists and I can’t figure out why it doesn’t even appear in their new “Known Issue Tracker”. Why is this so difficult to fix or to understand? Why did you even add an option to select the music if you don’t care if it doesn’t work properly?

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

Hail friends,

I wanted to let you know that a fix for this was identified and once we’ve verified the fix is solid, it will be released. Thanks!

reapex.8546

Hail friends,

I wanted to let you know that a fix for this was identified and once we’ve verified the fix is solid, it will be released. Thanks!

Thank you.

Klomar.8645

Hail friends,

Finally an official answer! Thanks!

Klomar.8645

Hello,
I’m sorry to say that even if with the last patch it’s reported
" “The Music of the Barren Heights” and “The Music of the Caverns” will remain selected when players leave and return to their guild halls if they were selected previously. "

It still doesn’t work (at least for my guild :P)

Posted by: Wolfie.1625

Wolfie.1625

Nor ours (Gilded Hollow/Music of the Caverns), doesn’t “stick”.

Gryphons Without Wings [GWW], Australian/New Zealand guild, PvE/WvW (IoJ&SoS), Est. 2008

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

I’ll have us investigate again. Sorry friends. =/

Posted by: HidingCat.4037

HidingCat.4037

I was excited about it! I hope you guys nail the bug down! Not working in my guild either.

Posted by: Wulfghast.7685

Wulfghast.7685

Was excited to hear this was fixed in the patch notes as well only to discover that the same bug is still present for our guild hall (Gilded Hollow). The song will play once selected but it doesn’t update in the guild panel to show that the song was changed to Music of the Caverns and remains as the previous selected source.

reapex.8546

Was excited to hear this was fixed in the patch notes as well only to discover that the same bug is still present for our guild hall (Gilded Hollow). The song will play once selected but it doesn’t update in the guild panel to show that the song was changed to Music of the Caverns and remains as the previous selected source.

Same for us, we selected Music of the Caverns for Guilded Hollow and it stays on Music of the Grove. This problem has been going on since last year. But thank you, Dara

(edited by reapex.8546)

Klomar.8645

“Fixed an issue in which, once selected, the guild music themes “The Music of the Barren Heights” and “The Music of the Golden Chambers” did not play upon reentry to the guild hall. Once a guild in Lost Precipice has selected the theme “The Music of the Barren Heights,” the song will now consistently play first upon entry to the guild hall and then cycle through the songs belonging to its theme set. Once a guild in Gilded Hollow has selected the theme “The Music of the Golden Chambers,” the song will now consistently play upon first entry to the guild hall and then cycle through the songs belonging to its theme set.”

This was taken from the latest patch notes, but I’m sorry to say that it still doesn’t work (at least for me and my guild XD). Again if I select the music of the golden chambers in gilded hollow it just doesn’t apply as a “guild attribute” in the guild panel, so as soon as I change the map and I re-enter the guild hall it has the previous music. Again it doesn’t save that and only that music.

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

I apologize that this has failed to reach you all again. =( Older guilds are going to continue to be affected by this for a while longer while we finalize a third fix and do a new round of testing. Thank you for your good will and patience while we battle the bug, and I hope that once we have this pinned down that you find the music has been worth the waiting.