Guild Wars 2 Crashing Visually?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ProtocolGrandia.4567

ProtocolGrandia.4567

Q:

So I’ve been having this really weird issue lately where Guild Wars 2 keeps freezing but my character is still moving. Okay let me explain that a little better…
What will happen is, after playing the game for some time varying between 30minutes-3 hours, at first glance the game will appear frozen but upon further inspection you’ll find that the game is still running and connected (I know this because I can hear the sound FX) it’s just that the video is frozen. Even my mouse will still move around, I just cant see it! Help
Pic of my Settings below (Forgive my horrid editing)

As far as specs go I know I can run the game, I’m currently running an EVGA GTX650 Ti Boost and an i5 processor that typically floats around 3.5 GHz
The only thing worth mentioning about my spec is that I use the Komplete Audio 6 Interface as my audio processor, card, interface, Audio device, Whatever the kids are calling it these days.

On thing worth mentioning is that I usually watch youtube on my second monitor while playing guild wars 2. Not sure if that’s important. (On Chrome btw)

Attachments:

ProtocolGrandia.4567

15 Minutes later Update: ?_?

Attachments:

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

So I’ve been having this really weird issue lately where Guild Wars 2 keeps freezing but my character is still moving. Okay let me explain that a little better…
What will happen is, after playing the game for some time varying between 30minutes-3 hours, at first glance the game will appear frozen but upon further inspection you’ll find that the game is still running and connected (I know this because I can hear the sound FX) it’s just that the video is frozen. Even my mouse will still move around, I just cant see it! Help
Pic of my Settings below (Forgive my horrid editing)

As far as specs go I know I can run the game, I’m currently running an EVGA GTX650 Ti Boost and an i5 processor that typically floats around 3.5 GHz
The only thing worth mentioning about my spec is that I use the Komplete Audio 6 Interface as my audio processor, card, interface, Audio device, Whatever the kids are calling it these days.

On thing worth mentioning is that I usually watch youtube on my second monitor while playing guild wars 2. Not sure if that’s important. (On Chrome btw)

I have been getting this. The video feed stops. If I minimize the game and re-maximize it, the screen is black. The only thing to do is alt-F4 or some other hard stop and restart the game.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

wow… umm… the freezing is your video driver detecting an error, and possibly not resetting itself properly. The following picture though, is far more serious. You better check your card temps, drivers, etc. Something is failing with your system.

(and unfortunately, it looks like it’s probably the video card :/ )

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

ProtocolGrandia.4567

wow… umm… the freezing is your video driver detecting an error, and possibly not resetting itself properly. The following picture though, is far more serious. You better check your card temps, drivers, etc. Something is failing with your system.

(and unfortunately, it looks like it’s probably the video card :/ )

I was thinking that but I dont have a single other issue with other games I tried (Which was Tropico 4 and Deus Ex Human Revolution) I haven’t actually gotten the error in quite some time (All I really did was have my PC turned off for a couple hours) So maybe that’s the solution.

Lunacy Solacio.6514

well, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but eventually the problem will return and it will be worse. However, ensuring air flow, blowing out dust, etc., may prolong the life. I use SpeedFan to monitor and control temps and run mine a bit more aggressively than the default fan speeds would (because I don’t want to see 80C and don’t like it at 70 either). I don’t know if Nvidia lets you control the fan speeds at different temps in it’s driver or not, or if it’s just a set one speed and that’s it thing like AMD.

ProtocolGrandia.4567

well, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but eventually the problem will return and it will be worse. However, ensuring air flow, blowing out dust, etc., may prolong the life. I use SpeedFan to monitor and control temps and run mine a bit more aggressively than the default fan speeds would (because I don’t want to see 80C and don’t like it at 70 either). I don’t know if Nvidia lets you control the fan speeds at different temps in it’s driver or not, or if it’s just a set one speed and that’s it thing like AMD.

Yea I figured my card was on borrowed time. The problem did in fact return (Again only when I was watching youtube)
The GTX 650 Ti Boost is honestly one of the most unstable cards I’ve ever used.
Thanks for the help!

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Hmm, if it really is only with youtube, it may be a driver issue, but more likely a combination of both.

Posted by: DoM.8396

DoM.8396

It’s not video card or hardware temps. My wife’s, friend and myself are experiencing this same issue. We all have relatively the same hardware. i7 4790k’s, 16gb of cas 6 1600hz ram, Nvidia gtx 980s with corsair 850 psu. All of our temps are 34-47c max. In the past two weeks we have been experiencing random freezing and its extremely annoying. I’ve tried the client repair and it didn’t do anything. The issue started without any changes being made to our graphic settings, drivers, or any other software updates.

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

Drop the Rendering to Native. I was having this identical issue and haven’t had it since I lowered the Rendering setting.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

Posted by: Gomssi.7246

Gomssi.7246

It’s not video card or hardware temps. My wife’s, friend and myself are experiencing this same issue. We all have relatively the same hardware. i7 4790k’s, 16gb of cas 6 1600hz ram, Nvidia gtx 980s with corsair 850 psu. All of our temps are 34-47c max. In the past two weeks we have been experiencing random freezing and its extremely annoying. I’ve tried the client repair and it didn’t do anything. The issue started without any changes being made to our graphic settings, drivers, or any other software updates.

I also run a gtx980 and 4790k, my screen turns black, or looks like windows with GW2 mouse cusor, and the game is deemed “not responding” by windows. My wife sees me in game and i don’t do anything. Sound is perfect. Is is possible that the gtx980 isn’t well supported by gw2?

My wife plays on my 2011MBP and has no such issues… other than the meltdown phase of that laptop. (@95*c!!!)