Guild Window and Party UI

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kraidoz.9136

Kraidoz.9136

Character: Jiyon Hinako
Server: Emery Bay
Map/location: Crucible of Eternity/Everywhere

Ok, I’ll try to explain what happened, though it’s difficult. I was in CoE with my group when we had a few party members leave. Naturally we re-invited replacements and thats where the problem began. The Party UI froze and still showed the offline party member, so I restarted the client. When I logged back in, I didn’t appear to be in a party at all, though I could still see them in the chat window. When I asked to be re-invited by my guild-mate, I got the message “You are not in a guild” so I opened the guild window and I was in my guild… alone. I tried repping to the other guilds with the same result. Anyway, I whispered my guild mate for the re-invite but i only got a nameless “Join the Group” popup, once I clicked “Yes” to join, I saw nothing except the party chat. One last note, even though I was in the party because I could use the party chat, I couldn’t re-enter CoE to join my party.

I have tried restarting the client several times, swapping characters, noting solved this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated, If you need more info, just ask.

Screenshot shows my guild list which should have 470-ish players and a party chat without the UI.

Attachments:

Posted by: Symphone.1236

Symphone.1236

Same thing heapened to me…

Kraidoz.9136

For some reason I can only see european friends, even though there is definately a friend online on my screen. Not sure if it’s related but I’m european too.

Attachments:

Kraidoz.9136

It seems leaving the game alone overnight sorted the problem out for me, though I doubt it’s fixed. I’m going to be careful who I join for dungeons in the future, at least until this gets fixed.

Kraidoz.9136

Okay, a week on, and I’m still having issues, randomly disconnecting with error code=42:0:9001:4125:101. I have run diagnostics on my internet connection and it comes back with no problems or faults. And this crash always gives that error code followed by the guild/party issues above.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Check this link and click on code 42:xx:

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8994/~error-codes

Let us know how you go.

Kraidoz.9136

Ok, I followed all the instructions listed in that topic, thanks. I also ran a check to make sure the ports I manually opened worked. If it doesn’t work, I will post an update. Time will tell as they say.

Kraidoz.9136

It didn’t work, 2 new codes:
7:11:3:191:101
42:1000:9001:4125:101

I was logged into the game a whole of 10 mins before it crashed. Again, it caused my internet connection to surge and die momentarily. I checked the router again, no problems or faults. I checked the other topic listed above for the new codes but it doesn’t add any additional help.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Okay, let’s try this, generate a game advisor report and post it here please (like you did for the image previously)

http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor

And maybe post your arenanet.log (my documents/guild wars 2) exported as a .txt pease.

Both would be ideal. Lol, this is turning into a tech support thread ;p

Kraidoz.9136

Ok, the NCSoft Game advisor results…

Kraidoz.9136

The ArenaNet.log you also needed. I want this sorted asap, it’s leading to social problems. People don’t want to party with someone who disconnects randomly and frequently and I’m getting kicked from parties for this reason.

Attachments: