Guild upgrades gone

Guild upgrades gone

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Hi,

i have two guilds of which i am the only member and guildleader. Since i switched servers since last week my upgrades are gone. I had architecture lvl4 and 5 on them. Along with the deep caves/treasure troves. This concerns the two guilds named Leave Britney aloneeeeee [FANS] and Siuan is Awesome [WOOW]. I also stashed items in their respective guild banks, which are obviously also lost or inaccesible. Anyone knows how/if i can fix this myself instead of waiting for customer support?

(tried relogging, rebooting game/pc and doesn’t work)

Thanks in advance,

Siuan

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

Guild upgrades gone

Posted by: Angel Of Eternety.4625

Angel Of Eternety.4625

Upgrades dont follow to a new server sadly,
You need to re do them on your new home server

Bringing you lootbags since start^^
Little Cursed Angel—Norn Necro lvl 80
The Enchanted Angel—Human Mesmer lvl 80

Guild upgrades gone

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

To access your upgrades and items, you would need to transfer back to the original server. Guilds are server-specific and do not travel from their creation-server at this time. They might by the end of the year, as ArenaNet has announced they are working on the issue.

Guild upgrades gone

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

WHAT, really??? Not even a warning or a confirmation window upon switching other servers when this happens…

Why am i still playing this game

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

Guild upgrades gone

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

WHAT, really??? Not even a warning or a confirmation window upon switching other servers when this happens…

Probably because guilds aren’t intended for a membership of 1, nor are their storage. It’s intended to be shared amongst many people. When you change servers, the expectation for the guilds you leave behind is that the remaining members stay there and you don’t get to take their upgrades with you. Even if you’re the founder.

In this case, “they” do not exist, but it doesn’t change how guilds and upgrades work. The old server is the guild’s home, and that is where its benefits are applied.

The only hint of unfairness I see here is that this doesn’t appear to be explained in-game, but the game is not the only resource available, and if you’re going to start a guild, you really ought to know how they work.

Guild upgrades gone

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Not certain but you might be able to “guest” back to your other server and access the materials in your bank from there.

ANet needs to change this. Given the recent megaserver change, home “servers” mean nothing except for WvW identity. Its all just megaservers/overflows now without meaningful identity outside of WvW and guilds shouldn’t be locked to a specific server any longer.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Guild upgrades gone

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

No you cannot guest back, it still wont work.

And yes its on the list of things that will be changed.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Guild upgrades gone

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

OP: your cheapest and quickest solution is to invite a trusted friend on your original server to join your guild. Wait out the anti-theft protection (I think it’s 48 hrs) and then give that person permission to remove stuff from the bank.

They can then mail stuff to you, at the snail’s pace of 5 stacks at a time.

Alternatively, you can wait for 6+ months: ANet has (finally) agreed that this is a bad situation, especially with megaservers, and they have plans to make influence-improvements universal, instead of bound to a specific world. Unfortunately, they haven’t set a date. I suspect that besides the coding being a pain, they haven’t worked out how to handle the situation when a guild has multiple chapters, multiple guild banks, and more than 250 total slots in use.

Sorry you ran into this.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”