Guildy can't complete Hearts and Minds

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Barrosy.7839

Barrosy.7839

The person I’m talking about is not willing to finish the quest of the HoT story line due to a bug. The person is annoyed so much he or she didn’t even accept my offer trying to find a fix for it. I think just posting this might be able to help Arenanet identifying this bug and prevent any other player of experiencing the same (annoying) issue aswell.

The issue explained:
For the Hearts and Minds objective, (spoiler allert!) one has to defeat Mordremoth by interacting with so called "Reality Rift"s.
In the example showed within the image attached, it should be notable that this object is not reachable by the player, making it impossible for the player to complete the objective.

PS: It’s also worth noticing that this player does not know I made a report of this bug, so I don’t know his or her opinion about it, I just wanted to share this with the Guild Wars team so this can be fixed.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

This happened to me too, and I was able to reproduce it (logged out last night because I was too tired). During the updraft phase, he destroys that terrain. I happened to die during that phase a couple times, and my first try did not reset the arena. However, I tried to purposely die, and the arena terrain reset for me and allowed me to complete this story step.

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Just happened to me as well.

Posted by: LurbyJo.7501

LurbyJo.7501

I can confirm that this happens after every death if you “Retry”. I am so frustrated.

Barrosy.7839

The person who was experiencing this issue also said that he or she tried a couple of available options in order to solve this, but none seemed to work.

Posted by: cyanidecapsule.3926

cyanidecapsule.3926

Also have this issue.

Took Canach and Caithe, and couldn’t use Caithe’s rift… presumably because my minions killed the Mother?

Just had a 2nd bug now where Canach would not give me his shield, so the boss stayed invulnerable…

Barrosy.7839

Also have this issue.

Took Canach and Caithe, and couldn’t use Caithe’s rift… presumably because my minions killed the Mother?

Just had a 2nd bug now where Canach would not give me his shield, so the boss stayed invulnerable…

Weird it happens just randomly, since I haven’t experienced such bugs… :S