Huge Stealth Nerf to Gathering Intended?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hambone.4267

Hambone.4267

It’s at LEAST 50% ruined items now on EVERYTHING.

Hambone.4267

Looks like it is. There are vendors all over the new area for the new item chests that all take crafting mats including the old ones. Most mats are already 2x in price some more so. Looks like they’re trying to remove things from the game and make it more expensive to craft.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Really?

Hmm, as long as it is not in the patch notes I will assume it is a pretty big bug.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I haven’t encountered this at all. What harvesting tool(s) are you using? Are you being attacked (or in combat) while gathering?

Posted by: Mighty Helm.1268

Mighty Helm.1268

Its another game bug Jeffery, been happening for months to me. Randomly while getting nodes I am attacked and sometines it runes the ore and sometimes not. Seem the latest patch has given the bug to many more people

Hambone.4267

Using exclusively orachalum (sp) tools.. sometimes in combat sometimes not. I’ve never seen it fail so much as I have today; there is a HUGE noticeable difference.

EDIT: As I have today being exclusively after the patch. I was on both before and after.

Posted by: Jeremiah Lee.2764

Previous

Jeremiah Lee.2764

Live Response QA

Please give us which tool exactly you were using, where it happened, and what node you were harvesting. Also, knowing whether in/out of combat is useful.
Thank you!

Hambone.4267

Mining and harvesting around Eternal Battlegrounds in WvWvW and a few nodes on the cursed shore near gavewhatever waypoint that sells karma rebreathers. Using orachulum tools of both types, not sure exactly which nodes exactly, I know one was black crocus, a lotus, some mithril and platinum ores. I was getting like 3 or 4 ruined ores and either 1 real ore or none at all. I didn’t do a lot just enough to notice something was wrong (both in and out of combat).

Hambone.4267

Still broken after hot fix. 100% failure rate on harvesting in EB on 7 or so nodes. (3 scallions next to wild creek I know for sure, still ori tools).

Hambone.4267

Same for ores… I’ve hit multiple nodes of both now and got 1 sugar pumpking out of maybe 20 strikes

Oh, out of combat for all.

Hambone.4267

It seems to be a total inversion. It used to be maybe a 5% failure rate now its a 5% success rate.

Hambone.4267

Trees seem to be unaffected it’s only plants and ores.

Hambone.4267

Just harvested all of the nodes just south of SM all 100% failure rate on plants and ores but the trees work.

Hambone.4267

This still broken. Patch today did nothing to fix it. I’ve also submitted multiple bug reports with screenshots without even a form letter reply to them… This is a game breaking bug which apparently affects a minority of players.

Hambone.4267

I found the bug. I know that people won’t believe me but the Bazaar of the Four Winds patch apparently turned all of my orichalum tools in to copper ones. I have gone through stacks of each and refreshed with ori tools and somehow they were copper ones too.

I just deleted all of the tools out of all 3 slots and put ori tools back in and they’re all working as normal again. I have no idea how this happens.

EDIT: I also noticed that it turned some ori harvesting tools in my inventory in to copper ones.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I found the bug. I know that people won’t believe me but the Bazaar of the Four Winds patch apparently turned all of my orichalum tools in to copper ones. I have gone through stacks of each and refreshed with ori tools and somehow they were copper ones too.

I just deleted all of the tools out of all 3 slots and put ori tools back in and they’re all working as normal again. I have no idea how this happens.

EDIT: I also noticed that it turned some ori harvesting tools in my inventory in to copper ones.

While that is still possible I think a more likely scenario is that you ended up equipping the Copper tools that came out of the 100 AP chest. This is even more likely if you normally ONLY use Orichalcum tools.