Hall of Monuments Achievements... "Revoked"?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

So I just logged off and back on again to try to get the Trading Post to work, and got an in-game mail saying I had “recently earned God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals”, but I didn’t so I lost all of my HoM achievements… ok? I never had the title, I think I have 32 points on the calculator thing from when I played the original game years ago… so why is this happening?

For the record, I can still use the cosmetics armor and minis I got, but I seem to have lost all the related titles and achievement points. Is this a bug?

Posted by: Doc.3928

Doc.3928

If you log in GW1 and then relog GW2, the title should be available again (this worked for my account).

Posted by: pomah.7562

pomah.7562

Got the same message this evening, i lost all my pantheon AP.

BUT, i got a full pantheon (50 pts) AND my main on GW1 reach 30 titles. So i really don’t understand why i’m concerned.

Anyone in my case?

i want my AP back !

Posted by: Kimmie Kitty.4560

Kimmie Kitty.4560

Yeah, I got the same message too. I had 36 points and now all of mine are gone.

Posted by: Jax Eaglesight.4203

Jax Eaglesight.4203

I got the same message and have had my GWAMM title taken off me. I have been using that title since GW1 and all through GW2 since the very start.

Posted by: Aisokun.4089

Aisokun.4089

happened to me too…
as suggested by a friend i simply opened hom calculator ( hom.guildwars2.com ) and put the name of one of my characters in gw1, login again in gw2 and my ap and title got back

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s a temporary bug that will resolve itself. If you don’t want to wait:

• Close GW2
  • Ideally, login to GW1 and start up any character. Close GW1
  • Restart GW2

(in step 2, you can usually just check your status by reviewing any GW1 character at http://hom.guildwars2.com)

The bug is a holdover from the resolution of a different problem, when people who hadn’t earned GWaMM or various HoM titles were showing (in GW2) that they had.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

happened to me too…
as suggested by a friend i simply opened hom calculator ( hom.guildwars2.com ) and put the name of one of my characters in gw1, login again in gw2 and my ap and title got back

This works, thank you. I’m guessing as I wasn’t the only one this just happened to, it’s related to whatever is going on with the lag/DCs at the moment.

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Yep, same. That happened before, will happen again

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This works, thank you. I’m guessing as I wasn’t the only one this just happened to, it’s related to whatever is going on with the lag/DCs at the moment.

I believe so: the solution to the original problem is that GW2 now checks your GW1 status more frequently. If the GW1 dataservers aren’t available, then the check fails and GW2 assumes (often, incorrectly) that the account didn’t earn the rewards, and takes appropriate (although mistaken) action: sends an email, removes the AP, title(s).

I suppose they could do a lot of work to decrease the chances of false positives due to momentary glitches: create a flag that creates a time stamp of the initial “invalid title/AP” report, wait for at least an hour, only send the email if the subsequent checks return the same result.

However, the glitch is rare and doesn’t affect everyone, so it might be better to leave a tiny number of folks panicked rather than over-engineer a solution (and leave some other bug unaddressed).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”