Hallucinations in tutorial

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mistmane.6213

Mistmane.6213

I decided to re-roll a Charr Elementalist, and when beginning combat with Duke Barradin before he possesses the statue, I noticed that he had the Toxic Corruption buff. On top of this a few level 8 Hallucinations spawned, taking me down almost instantly. Wasn’t sure where to put this, but thankfully you can’t ‘die’ in the tutorial, just enter the downed state.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cacti Eleven.9135

Cacti Eleven.9135

I noticed this as well on the Crystal Desert server. I rerolled a Charr Guardian and there was a toxic spore to harvest (I see it in your pic as well). I too was attacked by hallucinations.

Edit: I also noticed that a lot of the ghosts in this tutorial mission aren’t glowing like they should be. I know it’s not a huge bug, but it’s a bug all the same.

(edited by Cacti Eleven.9135)

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

Thank you for bringing this up! Our new players should not have to deal with the added difficulty that Hallucinations provide while they are learning the game, we are looking in to getting this fixed.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Edit: I also noticed that a lot of the ghosts in this tutorial mission aren’t glowing like they should be. I know it’s not a huge bug, but it’s a bug all the same.

That bugs appeared some content patches ago. Ghost and similar creatures seem to randomly loose their glow.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Thank you for bringing this up! Our new players should not have to deal with the added difficulty that Hallucinations provide while they are learning the game, we are looking in to getting this fixed.

While you’re at it, you may want to stop sending Scarlet’s letter bombs to new players as well. While it is hilarious to tell them to ‘open it and see’ when they ask in map chat, I’m sure there are some new players that don’t appreciate the joke. Especially since there is no mention of the downed state in the tutorial and often players have no idea what to do when they are fist downed.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Merus.9475

Merus.9475

On the other hand, everyone’s been saying they needed a good way to catch up on the Living Story, and having Scarlet randomly send them a bomb works pretty well for that!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

While you’re at it, you may want to stop sending Scarlet’s letter bombs to new players as well. While it is hilarious to tell them to ‘open it and see’ when they ask in map chat, I’m sure there are some new players that don’t appreciate the joke. Especially since there is no mention of the downed state in the tutorial and often players have no idea what to do when they are fist downed.

I agree with that not being the greatest welcome to the game. However, I believe those mails are only sent out to new characters of players who have completed an achievement related to Scarlet. I don’t remember which achievement it is, but I believe it involved a dungeon. New players would not have already completed this achievement or taken part in any dungeons and will not get the mail bomb. Only new alt characters of experienced players with the achievement get this mail bomb, as far as I know from what others have stated regarding the matter.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |