Haste stomping (Anet)

Haste stomping (Anet)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

This has got to be fixed, because in some cases it works as intended.
~ But in others it’s very frustrating when I (as a thief) haste stomp a guardian and then my stomp animation is finished, so I decide to step away, and think i’ve completed the job, but the yellow cast time bar is still there in the middle of the screen meaning the haste didn’t even finish the stomp fast enough when i walk away. Then I get knocked back, and have to perform a 2nd stomp, as if the first wasn’t good enough. This is a bit of a frustration, because if haste if not going to finish the job quickly before the downed player has a chance to (blink away, knock down, knock back), then why have haste in the game at all. It is very frustrating.

I would really like an answer if possible arena net.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Haste stomping (Anet)

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I believe certain race’s stomping animations don’t line up with the actual stomp when modified by Quickness. Trust the Spike/finisher, not the animation.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Haste stomping (Anet)

Posted by: Dan.4398

Dan.4398

I find that if the quickness doesn’t last the entire duration of the stomp from start to dead player then it seems to have an instant effect and can cause the bar to still have to fill from 85-100% before the kill is awarded.
Does the quickness you use run out during the stomping animation?
Ive managed to do multiple quickness finishes with no issues as long as the quickness lasts the whole faster stomp animation.

Haste stomping (Anet)

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

I use Critical haste Thief trait (2 seconds quickness) along with sigil of rage ( 3 seconds quickness) so i typically don’t look at my quickness duration, but i usually do my stomp when i see the quickness activate.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Haste stomping (Anet)

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I find that if the quickness doesn’t last the entire duration of the stomp from start to dead player then it seems to have an instant effect and can cause the bar to still have to fill from 85-100% before the kill is awarded.
Does the quickness you use run out during the stomping animation?
Ive managed to do multiple quickness finishes with no issues as long as the quickness lasts the whole faster stomp animation.

This is what generally happens. If the quickness expires or starts during the stomp animation, the time to complete the stomp becomes desynced from the animation. This is because the animations cannot be slowed down or sped up after the have started playing.

This also affects various channeled abilities, such as hundred blades.

As a workaround, you just need to make sure you don’t move before the stomp actually completes. This may require you just standing there doing nothing for a second after the animation. If you move away or get interrupted in any regard before the finisher occurs, you will have to restart it.

I think the main problem is that the animation doesn’t adjust its speed to account for the acquisition or removal of quickness. As far as I know, the timings are proper, although I haven’t really tested them.