Having issues preordering path of fire?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Yve.5792

Yve.5792

Im not quite sure what to do here, every time I try to order the site says there is some sort of failure. It says it could be an ad blocker issue but I made sure everything was off and I still can not reach the actual site to preorder. I tryed looking to see if there were any others having asked or talked about this but now Im feeling like it’s just me sence I can not find anyone else.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I had the same problem none of the links worked, so i logged into the game and bought it that way. Soon as you’re in the game it’ll offer u to buy the expac. hope this helps, good luck.

Posted by: Yve.5792

Yve.5792

Oh I didnt think to try that yet, thanks I’ll see if that works ^-^

Posted by: Shea.9370

Shea.9370

I’ve tried both ways to buy path of fire. In game and on line. still won’t work.
sent in a ticket hope they get back to me.

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

Same here …….

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Oh gosh darn it! You’ve tried both in the game and on the website? What sort of error are you getting? If you see this message: “Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later!” we’d like to ask you to contact Customer Support and they will look into the matter. If you’re seeing something else, could you share that so I can pass it along?

I am cutting and pasting these into report e-mails, so the details you provide — error codes, screenshots, whatever — are very helpful!

Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

If that helps… yesterday I tried to connect for the first time from work (ooooh bad) and it asked me for phone verification and threw me a java error right after. I tried many times and always had the same issue. It was right after selecting the extension to buy after clicking on a button “Login to Continue”.

Back at home it worked perfectly.

Posted by: Opopanax.1803

Opopanax.1803

Every time I tried clicking on the link it said time out error. That was all day yesterday, have not tried today.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Oh gosh darn it! You’ve tried both in the game and on the website? What sort of error are you getting? If you see this message: “Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later!” we’d like to ask you to contact Customer Support and they will look into the matter. If you’re seeing something else, could you share that so I can pass it along?

I am cutting and pasting these into report e-mails, so the details you provide — error codes, screenshots, whatever — are very helpful!

Thanks.

No error code, just an unresponsive landing page from any buy link

Attachments:

Posted by: Cythrawl.6071

Cythrawl.6071

Same, cannot purchase via website (same error as TexZero screenshot above) and cannot purchase in game. Saying “Unfortunately an error occurred. Please try again later.”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Can’t buy from my iPad. Tried yesterday and today.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Iman Oldie.6457

Iman Oldie.6457

Just tried to buy while playing the game. An error occurred try again later.

OK. Just tried online and successful

Oldie

(edited by Iman Oldie.6457)

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior.
I contacted the support already because in no browser I can see any button, any price tag or whatsoever, I just have a plain HTML file like someone wrote it in Wordpad on Windows95, no matter what browser I use. The blue lines are not even links, it’s just blue text. Who is in charge for these kitten-poor things like HTML files that even I can create succesfully in NVU?

The “support” came up with “clearing caches” and that’s it. Wow, great help.
Any further help appreciated. Tried on Edge, Opera and Firefox.

Attachments:

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)

Posted by: Nibi.3572

Nibi.3572

I am trying to use an affiliate link to buy and I am getting a broken website as well

Attachments:

(edited by Nibi.3572)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

My credit card had me verify it. Ok, that was pretty much expected by buying a game close to $100 online. What caught me by surprise though was the original transaction, which I verified right away, was not sent to them again/went poof. I had to go to the page and resubmit it myself while my cc company was on the line to watch it go through.

Posted by: corwin.3495

corwin.3495

Same problem, but this has been happening to be before too, like 6-7 months ago and it still has not been fixed, I bought a game using my friend’s PC…
I keep getting this
https://snag.gy/LHFmOd.jpg
This page isn’t working
buy.guildwars2.com redirected you too many times.
Try clearing your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
and no, the clearing cookies part did not help.

Please fix this, I want to buy the game, and probably when people see in what condition the site is they will think twice about buying it. It leaves a bad 1st impression.

(I am not sure how to merge two topics so I will leave the same comment here too)

Posted by: Necrid.6247

Necrid.6247

Cant order ingame or on the website.
Ingame i get an error on paypal and creditcard, and the website looks incomplete with nothing to click on (just some text).

Updat: now i tried with a phone – it finally worked. Way too much hassle.

(edited by Necrid.6247)

Posted by: The Analogue Kid.3896

The Analogue Kid.3896

Just tried to order Path of Fire and it said an error occurred with the payment. I was buying the Deluxe version.

Posted by: BrosefStalin.3475

BrosefStalin.3475

I am also having issues with prepurchasing. It appears the webpage is broken. I posted this from Opera, but this also happens in Microsoft Edge and Chrome, even with my protection (internet and antivirus) disabled. I see some HTML or other code near the bottom, which is why I think some code isn’t correct. I’m on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit btw.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mystico.6847

Mystico.6847

I am having the same issues like corwen.3495 it doesn’t accept my credit card (weird how i used to buy gems a lot in the past and it used to accept it) and paypal and goes to the page that corwin is having issues with.

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

I bought mine in game and a friend of mine had an issue, but I talked them through it.
When you enter all the info and the card number and click “buy” if you didn’t click on the word that is the card type it won’t work. Example: you have to click mastercard for mastercard. Just entering all the numbers isn’t good enough.

Also yes the search engine and add blockers and virus protection can freak out about it too.