Headless sylvari...

Headless sylvari...

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

For the last couple of days my sylvari thief’s head has been randomly disappearing for 30 seconds or so.

It doesn’t impact gameplay or anything, but it’s kind of creepy… The glitch seems to be random – this afternoon it happened after I used a wp, and again after being hit by a hologram’s laser.

I’m not sure whether this is a game bug or something unique to my computer. Anyone else have this problem?

Headless sylvari...

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

If you can, try to take a screenshoot of the issue and also tell what your video settings are. Glitches can occur due several reasons.

Headless sylvari...

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I just got this (or similar) bug when loading my Sylvari into Caledon from The Grove. Never had a problem with any of my Sylvari before. Her hair, and eyes, was/were there, but no face.

Odd.

Headless sylvari...

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Before I upgraded my laptop, I remember having similar issues with my Sylvaris, though it was usually on the log in screens. This thing I’m using can handle almost anything gw2 can throw at me. Only exception is LA on a very busy day.

Headless sylvari...

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

This keeps happening constantly on my male sylvari mesmer when I use blink and various other similar mes skills.

It also happens on my other three male sylvari characters with various other displacement/stealth skills, but their classes (engie, warrior, necro) don’t use those mechanics as much.

My graphics settings vary generally from medium to “best performance” for big zerg events. It happens with both. It also tends to last for quite a while.

Attachments:

Headless sylvari...

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

This keeps happening constantly on my male sylvari mesmer when I use blink and various other similar mes skills.

It also happens on my other three male sylvari characters with various other displacement/stealth skills, but their classes (engie, warrior, necro) don’t use those mechanics as much.

My graphics settings vary generally from medium to “best performance” for big zerg events. It happens with both. It also tends to last for quite a while.

Have you updated your graphic drivers lately?

Also, that looks kittening awesome. Imagine the fear on your enemies’ eyes when they set their gazes upon the headless horseless horseman.

Headless sylvari...

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’ve not had it happen to me yet, though others were talking about it happening about a week ago: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Headless-Horseman

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Headless sylvari...

Posted by: Tazera.4739

Tazera.4739

Good I found this post, because exactly the same thing happens to my ranger sylvari… specially in places like Lion’s Arch and sometimes in Eternal Battlegrounds. I have other characters, Asura, and Charr, and this never happens on them. However, with my other sylvari, which has one of the new faces from makeover kit, this never occurs. Also, when using way points to new locations, my sylvari character disappears for a while and the only thing I can see are his weapons. I suppose it’s because the places are overflowed, but again, this doesn’t happen to my other characters…

Headless sylvari...

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Also, when using way points to new locations, my sylvari character disappears for a while and the only thing I can see are his weapons. I suppose it’s because the places are overflowed

Yes, I have seen it happening a lot at the LA (before the destruction) and it would stay that away for around 1 min or so. I believe it would happen due lag because of a overcrowded map.

Headless sylvari...

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

I usually get this after doing the plant ele duel dagger skill with lightening (skill#4)where you charge forward as a lightening orb. I’ve figured it’s just a lag issue and in my experience it fixes itself about 5-15 sec later. Been happening, like I said, during lagging issues (mostly when LA is packed pre-destruction and post).

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Headless sylvari...

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Good I found this post, because exactly the same thing happens to my ranger sylvari… specially in places like Lion’s Arch and sometimes in Eternal Battlegrounds. I have other characters, Asura, and Charr, and this never happens on them. However, with my other sylvari, which has one of the new faces from makeover kit, this never occurs. Also, when using way points to new locations, my sylvari character disappears for a while and the only thing I can see are his weapons. I suppose it’s because the places are overflowed, but again, this doesn’t happen to my other characters…

I get this often on my Asura. So, I don’t think this is the same as the Sylvari ‘bug’.
Also, I’m not sure it is just the head, as many times the rest of the body is covered by armor. It could be the whole character. I will have to remove my armor next time, to check. =)