Hearing Player Shouts for Map

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Notyouraccount.9176

Notyouraccount.9176

Since the Wed 16th update in EOTM I am hearing player shouts when no one is even near me such as “Stand your Ground”, etc.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

My warrior continues to say Health, Vigor, Recovery, every few seconds. It’s getting a tad bit annoying. I don’t know why I need to hear them say it, I can clearly see the buffs no problem.

Jinroh.4251

Also I should say that I don’t mind listening to NPC voices and chatter but if I use the dialog sliders to mute myself it mutes everyone else. So now the game feels quiet and empty if I disable dialog cause I don’t want to hear my kitten character speak after few seconds.

Jinroh.4251

The player voices are all bugged. They recycle every few seconds to let us know of buffs. It’s really annoying.

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

“Rally to me.” “Time to fight.” “Help me.” “Shake it off.” “Save yourselves.” “I can’t do this alone.”

Every few seconds…

That’s it, I’m turning the audio off.
This is pretty much all over, btw.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I also noticed that the lips of my character moved for shouts/buffs not actually coming from my character… Looks a bit strange on a female Asura when she moves her lips for a male Norn voice…

Posted by: Cholo.6542

Cholo.6542

I keep getting the same issues. I’m hearing voices without anyone else around. Getting quite annoying.

Posted by: Darkgrammer.9128

Darkgrammer.9128

Jinroh.4251

It seems the bug makes us say things for anyone who is getting a buff nearby. So being in any city near the TP is a huge pain.

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

Battle crys, verbal boon and condition reactions, pet death/revival, calls for helps from low health and downed skill #4 etc. You can hear other players using these from clear across a map.

Posted by: Eidolonemesis.5640

Eidolonemesis.5640

Yea… That really needs to be fixed…

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

a male charr warrior crossed my path and suddenly i heard the female human voiceclip “stand your ground”

i can’t remember laughing so hard about a guild wars 2 bug

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

This bug also existed pre patch but only in some places (e.g. swamp fractal at the beginning when Dessa was talking, my character moved her lips).

But now this is all over the place, please find that bug and fix it! (Even though I have to admit, it is kinda funny :-P)

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

It’s really making me paranoid. I feel like I’m being stalked.. creepy.. where are they! who is shouting at me! SHOW YOURSELVES!

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

Not sure if this is related at all, but I also noticed that some “event caller” npc’s will follow you around and wave at you but not say anything about the event they are trying to get help for until you interact with them.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Oh, thank goodness! I really thought I was going crazy for a moment there... XD

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Lupini.6938

Lupini.6938

Annoying, but also hilarious if you watch your characters. Lots of "FRAPS’ captures going on, I suspect.

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

This is a funny bug, my Norn guardian said arise my creation in human male voice and need help here in female human voice.

(edited by Greyfur.1082)

Posted by: SonofInnocence.4905

SonofInnocence.4905

My poor Asura: (Charr voice) “FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!”

o.O Well that’s a new one.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

My female human standing in Beetletun just shouted “For the Imperator!” — and I could swear it was in the female human voice. Though my male human in Queensdale shouted for help in a female human voice too.

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

Same here. I was playing my Elementalist (female human) a few minutes back and all I could here was random female human shouts for other classes. I was alone in the Dark Reverie JP at the time too.

This patch was delayed for QA testing, so it really makes me wonder just what the QA testers were doing during this time. Because, given the amount of pretty huge ‘staring you right in the face’ style bugs, they obviously weren’t testing the patches’ content for bugs.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I can attest to this as well happening.

Posted by: LadyBrincat.7296

LadyBrincat.7296

Can confirm that this bug started since the recent patch was applied.

Posted by: Heather.4823

Heather.4823

I am hearing the voices too

Siren – Aurora Glade

Posted by: ShelBlackblood.7826

ShelBlackblood.7826

It’s really making me paranoid. :D I feel like I’m being stalked.. creepy.. where are they! who is shouting at me! SHOW YOURSELVES!

Hahaha ya that is hilarious xD Especially all that “Help me!” or “Retreat!!” and suddenly there is an invisible asura engi that places invisible turrets around you and your norn warrior says “CHARR DON’T NEED GODS” TuT

I’m having way too much fun right now.

Posted by: kimtingen.6472

kimtingen.6472

I hope this is fixed soon.. Was trying to RP, but the random outbursts made me lose focus and both me and my friend just ended up quitting.

Posted by: Chojin.8794

Chojin.8794

I thought I was the only one hearing voices! I had to check if this bug affected my alts & it did! Its so creepy when my toons are running around shouting buffs with another race’s voice & wondered where it was coming from.

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

Thank you all for this thread. I truly thought my account was haunted I mean, here I am, out in the middle of nowhere, not another character in sight, when I hear a male Charr bragging that his race has killed their Gods, male Asura engineers telling others they have built a turret, I hear Guardians hollering “Retreat.”

This has been happening to me since the new patch hit, and appears to be getting worse.

I am very glad I am not the only one this is happening to….confusion loves company

Lisa.

(edited by Julischka Bean.7491)

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

It’s really making me paranoid. I feel like I’m being stalked.. creepy.. where are they! who is shouting at me! SHOW YOURSELVES!

Hahaha ya that is hilarious xD Especially all that “Help me!” or “Retreat!!” and suddenly there is an invisible asura engi that places invisible turrets around you and your norn warrior says “CHARR DON’T NEED GODS” TuT

I’m having way too much fun right now.

Yes, Yes, Yes…except my invisible Charr not only doesn’t need his Gods, he killed them!

And, yes, now that I know my account is not haunted, I can relax and enjoy the humor of it all.

Lisa.

Posted by: Zevix.1479

Zevix.1479

SAAAAAAAAVE YOURSELVES!

Posted by: RockSteady.7123

RockSteady.7123

Help my game is haunted too.

Posted by: Divination.9157

Divination.9157

This is driving me crazy too. I’ve been searching to see how to disable and I’ve had no luck thus far

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I feel quite sure that the team is aware of this, but I’ll send an e-mail to confirm that they do. I also noted my character was unusually “chatty” tonight, and it seems this is happening to chars of various professions and races.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Mokai.2480

Mokai.2480

As a temporary fix, can we consider replacing all player character soundbites with Traherne monologue?

Discover a new bit of Diessa Plateau? Prepare for a lecture about Claw Island!

(edited by Mokai.2480)

Posted by: Smartcat.2130

Smartcat.2130

Yea… as much as I love the other racial voices and stuff… My female Charr should not be saying the human sound bytes nor should she sound like a male norn …. >.>
It’s also kinda perverse hearing my female Asura randomly say “somebody help me.” in a male voice while she’s running from point a to point b.

define normal…

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

As a temporary fix, cant we consider replacing all player character soundbites with Traherne monologue?

“Commander, to me.”

You know you want it.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Endax.6109

Endax.6109

This is driving me crazy too. I’ve been searching to see how to disable and I’ve had no luck thus far

You could try:

Options Menu [F11], then Sound Options, then slide the Voice Dialog option to the far left (off) position or to a volume level that suites you.

Keep in mind that this will reduce some relevant game dialog / voice content as well, so it is not a fix.

Bye and have fun out there.

Posted by: WeyounTM.6823

WeyounTM.6823

At the same time these shouts have been “introduced” my beloved Job-o-Tron (?) backpack became silent. These bugs may be related in some way…no more “Boing” or “Faster Faster”….instead random shouts from anywhere…makes me sad!

Posted by: UmbraVictor.9842

UmbraVictor.9842

Same issue here with the extreme chatty of player audio even not of my class.

Just happened 10 minutes ago. I use an elementalist – human. No one is near my character and i am at the cave – Genderran rich iron ore mountain.

I hear player shouts of all profession, male/female/race you name it.

I just heard “Go forth my minion.” – female voice.

Posted by: Stevensan.1893

Stevensan.1893

Same issue here. No one near me, but my female character constantly shouts “need help here” and every other random stuf from all race/cast, sometimes in male voice. (!!!) Very annoying, please sort it out.

Posted by: commanderhavoc.3495

commanderhavoc.3495

Same problem here, either its someone else’s character that is shouting when others are nearby or its my character when by myself.
It has gotten really bloody annoying quickly and I certainly hope they fix this soon.

Posted by: Kyano.1652

Kyano.1652

This is pretty funny rooofl… but please fix XD

That really random Charr.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

How the hell did this even pass QA? It was obvious after 2 seconds in wvw, how the hell do you miss such a thing?

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

My female Sylvari Ranger is talking like a Male Charr Engineer XD

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

Same here, I play human, and hear voices from all other races, not only charr.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Yep. The voice clips are coming from our own characters, not from other players. I noticed the same thing with my character: every time a voice clip played her mouth moved as if she was saying it.

I forgot what phrase it was but it’s kinda weird to hear a female Norn Guardian speak in a male Asura’s voice, or shouting “For great Justice!” in a male Charr’s voice.

I feel like there is a ventriloquist following me and I’m the dummy. It’s driving me crazy. Well, crazier then I already am. And just when I thought I couldn’t get more crazy.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Will.6829

Will.6829

I’m also Experiencing this too. However…

Now I know it’s playing other character’s sounds, I suddenly have found this EXTREMELY useful. Practically a feature as far as I’m concerned. Having perpetual intel on what other players are up to increases immersion for me and also lets me know how active a map is at any given point.

So can I please seriously propose that when this gets fixed, add a commandline switch to enable it for those so inclined?

I’d really appreciate that, thanks.

Posted by: shaman.1938

shaman.1938

Just putting in a ME TOO..

get calls of buff in multiple voices randomly as well as revive calls from time to time when NO one is anywhere around .. the buff calls sometimes go off with no buffs actually going off from myself either with NO one there in the area

a bit annoying and I have taken to ignoring it as best I can of course this means players who might actually need help aren’t getting it

Please fix this too

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I was a bit confused when I was in EB last night and I heard sick m… From my necro, and I was ready to fight a thief just by hearing that….

Posted by: Nick.9572

Nick.9572

At the same time these shouts have been “introduced” my beloved Job-o-Tron (?) backpack became silent. These bugs may be related in some way…no more “Boing” or “Faster Faster”….instead random shouts from anywhere…makes me sad!

I’m getting worried my grawl impression isn’t improving as much as it should be.

I was hoping one advantage to the map shouts bug is that everyone would be able to hear job o tron no matter where they are on the map, but it seems that is not the case.