Heart BUG : "Assist the Blood Legion"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Goomby.9302

Goomby.9302

For the heart “Assist the Blood Legion” in Diessa Plateau from Tiga Fierceblade:
“Disarm mines, gather scrap metal, and defeat Separatists along the road.”

1. “Disarm mines”. Holding down CTRL shows the mines as active items, but there is no way to interact with them, nor does Tiga offer any clues as to what to do with them.

2. “Defeat separatists along the road”. I killed and received exp and loot for numerous separatist during the Protect the Caravan DE, but received no heart credit.

This leaves the only ways to complete this heart as:

• Reviving BL soldiers (infrequent)
  • Waiting for random separatists to spawn along the road
  • Running scrap metal back to Tiga

Note that picking up scrap metal also no longer rewards heart progress, and most pieces require you to pick them up and run them back to Tiga one by one. On top of that, the game gives you no indication that’s what you need to do. You’re just standing there with a bar in your hand, two new skills on the bar, no heart progress, and no direction.

This heart needs some serious work.

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

I have had this same problem today and also made a thread about it. Only way I can think of completing it is to hold it off until next time I log in, when the metal scraps will reset themselves. It’s very frustrating, and must have been part of the slew of bugs that came with the 9/9 feature pack…

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Goomby.9302

I looked for another thread, and didn’t see one. I was able to finish it in one go, but it was a lot of standing around waiting for bars or separatists to respawn.

Posted by: storm.4750

storm.4750

no map completion for me then….

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

The quest used to work just fine (metal bars, mines, separatists) but I haven’t tried doing it recently.

I could hop on my necro real fast and see if I could figure something out for you guys.

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

The only thing that seems to be bugged is the mines. I just completed the heart fairly quickly. Granted, there were no other players in the area when I did it. Here are the things that are not bugged:

1) Killing separatists.
2) Reviving defeated charr NPC’s.
3) Turning in metal bars to the NPC. Metal Bar can be found lying on the ground or by searching Wreckage.
4) Turning in piles of metal scrap to the NPC. Pile of metal scrap can be found by searching Wreckage.

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

The mines are bugged for me and my friend too. There were almost to none separatists in the area at the time we were doing the heart, so we had to gather piles of metal scrap and pick up metal bars one by one and running back and forth, handing them in. It seemed like it took ages to complete the heart. And reviving the Blood Legion soldiers give a very small percent of heart.

(edited by Arctinus.7824)

Goomby.9302

The only thing that seems to be bugged is the mines. I just completed the heart fairly quickly. Granted, there were no other players in the area when I did it. Here are the things that are not bugged:

1) Killing separatists.
3) Turning in metal bars to the NPC. Metal Bar can be found lying on the ground or by searching Wreckage.
4) Turning in piles of metal scrap to the NPC. Pile of metal scrap can be found by searching Wreckage.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Still bugged as described.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: monopolymath.3150

monopolymath.3150

Sadly, it’s still bugged as of today

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, a Guildie and I did this Renown Heart last weekend. Bugged as stated. Just went about the map doing other things, and swung by this Renown Heart a few times to finish it.

It needs some love…lol.

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

1) Killing separatists.

yes you can get scrap metal and metal bar but the npc is quite far and u have to wp one bar at a time,,,, which takes forever,,,, and also it used to give progress for just picking up the scrap or bar but it doesn’t anymore…. it can be done bit quicker if you are the only one there which is hard with megaserver….

and u can’t interact with the mines and killing separatist who spawn out side of the event( which comes in pair of them) gives progress but not the event itself….

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

out of 5 wreckage only 2 gives scrap metal and rest just metal bar

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

And separatist mobs rarely show up outside of that event (which doesn’t even give you any credit towards the heart).

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The mines not being able to be picked up might be linked to another bug, where you are unable to interact with the loot bags dropped by the Skritt Burglar (although his final big loot sack is lootable).

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Just going to make a quick mention of this because there wasn’t anything explicitly mentioned in the patch notes for today’s build. The mines are now properly interactable.

The caravan went through and I killed a kerjillion Separatists for that event, but got no credit towards the heart.

Still, even with just the mines being fixed, the heart is now back to near-normal and much much easier to complete than it was a few days ago.