Heart Bug Help Paenula Train the Troops

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: MadMel.3546

MadMel.3546

Located in Plains of Ashford, I’m sorry if this was posted about before but I couldn’t find it in the threads. First time posting here.

I’m working on my third character, and have been able to complete this heart in the past. For some reason Bracctus Bloodsand won’t let me fight, he won’t give me an option to pick from, he just says that the pit is for training and that is about it. After about 30 seconds of standing in the arena nothing happens, I only mention that part since before you just had to walk into the arena and it would ask which difficulty you wanted to fight without any real prompting.

With the other part, capturing the animals, for some reason I can’t capture them at all, they always die. I’m not sure if the animals dying is something I’m just doing wrong or not since in my last two characters I mostly just fought in the pit. Also worth noting is that I did the heart the first two times before mass amount of changes in the past few days.

If someone can confirm this is some sort of bug or that I’m doing something completely wrong it would be much appreciated.

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

To capture monsters, you have to use skill number 5 when they are on low health. You have to have the bundle item that you get from talking to the heart vendor. At least, that’s how it used to work.

Posted by: MadMel.3546

MadMel.3546

Ah, that is probably the biggest issue here then, with the new characters they don’t have skill 5 unlocked, even though the toon is at level 22. Thank you. I wonder what is going on with the other part.

Posted by: DerpyChinchilla.7834

DerpyChinchilla.7834

I have this issue as well with the number 5 being locked. I cant provide much apart from this screenshot to show exactly what it says. I’ve of course blocked out the chat box and that sort of thing for privacy sake.
>>>> http://i.imgur.com/Z1bZ1FB.jpg <<<<

Posted by: Rzhaman.8275

Rzhaman.8275

This is definitely broken. The skill 5 only becomes visible very rarely, and mostly the targets just die. And can’t activate the ring, tried talking to Bracctus as well. sigh

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

As for the arena portion, you must approach through one of the two gates and you will get a pop-up that offers what you want to fight. Ignore the NPC at the head area within the arena, he’s worthless.

Immediately stop moving when the pop-up appears, or move just far enough into the arena so you are past where the gate drops on the entrance. Moving any further in will dismiss the pop-up and you have to go all the way back out and back in to get it again.

With the pop-up on your screen, you should choose an option of what to fight. Be sure to not move at all until the “fuse” countdown is gone, the dialogue disappears and the gates slam shut behind you. Moving at any other time can cause the enemies to not spawn as you moved out of the real tiny activation area near the entrance gate.

So basically:

• Barely enter into the arena slightly beyond one of the entrance gates so you are slightly inside the gate but no further.
  • Pop-up appears – stop moving once you inch in and are inside the gate
  • Select your opponents
  • A second or two after the pop-up disappears the gate will slam shut behind you and you can then proceed to kill the stuff you selected to fight
  • Be sure to not move at all between the appearance of the pop-up enemy selection and the actual enemies spawning or it’ll cancel the fight – inching in to be sure you are actually past the gate is ok but be careful or you will dismiss the pop-up

Exit out a little ways from one of the entrances and then return through it to get the fight dialogue to pop up again.

The whole thing has always been very touchy and buggy. Sometimes the gates slam shut but no enemies appear and you have to waypoint out of the arena. Other times the gate shuts in front of you instead of behind you if you were not just inside of the arena beyond the gate. This results in your being stuck outside of the arena and you have to wait for the NPCs to kill the enemies for the arena to reset…which can take a while.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

As for the arena portion, you must approach through one of the two gates and you will get a pop-up that offers what you want to fight. Ignore the NPC at the head area within the arena, he’s worthless.

Immediately stop moving when the pop-up appears, or move just far enough into the arena so you are past where the gate drops on the entrance. Moving any further in will dismiss the pop-up and you have to go all the way back out and back in to get it again.

With the pop-up on your screen, you should choose an option of what to fight. Be sure to not move at all until the “fuse” countdown is gone, the dialogue disappears and the gates slam shut behind you. Moving at any other time can cause the enemies to not spawn as you moved out of the real tiny activation area near the entrance gate.

So basically:

• Barely enter into the arena slightly beyond one of the entrance gates so you are slightly inside the gate but no further.
  • Pop-up appears – stop moving once you inch in and are inside the gate
  • Select your opponents
  • A second or two after the pop-up disappears the gate will slam shut behind you and you can then proceed to kill the stuff you selected to fight
  • Be sure to not move at all between the appearance of the pop-up enemy selection and the actual enemies spawning or it’ll cancel the fight – inching in to be sure you are actually past the gate is ok but be careful or you will dismiss the pop-up

You misunderstand. No prompt appears at all. Not even a flicker of one.

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

This is definitely broken. The skill 5 only becomes visible very rarely, and mostly the targets just die. And can’t activate the ring, tried talking to Bracctus as well. sigh

Yep, the arena doesn’t activate anymore, so that part is totally broken. As for capturing animals, when fighting drakes the 5 skill would only get unlocked for me when they’re dying. When fighting minotaurs, the 5 skill would usually become available when the target is anywhere between 1/2 and 1/3 health, making capture possible provided they didn’t have too many bleed stacks ticking away at their health. In short, carefully hunting those dainty minotaurs was the only way for me to finish this heart.

Posted by: Mike.6285

Mike.6285

I’ve had this same issue on my Level 80 Elementalist. The skill #5 only becomes available once in a while ‘as’ the target dies. Much too late to use the skill. I remember doing this some time back and that #5 skill tosses the net. Which is the key skill to the quest/heart. I’m assuming the NPE is responsible since we’re down leveled to do the Heart.

Posted by: Anandira.8756

Anandira.8756

Hi all, I am having the same issues are described above, and it’s all the more frustrating that Plains of Ashford is the last map I need for completion on my thief.

I see this thread is two months old yet I am having this problem now…. Which makes me wonder, has this been looked into at all?

I just reported the bug in game today, hopefully something will be done about it.

Recruiting for raid team here.

Posted by: Artcordelay.2560

Artcordelay.2560

not fixed as of today, i’m having the same problem, tried talking to braccus, standing in the doorway, etc, but no success… Hope some moderator takes notice of this…

Posted by: Artcordelay.2560

Artcordelay.2560

Found the way to fill the heart using the rifle: hitting 1 until draco’s life bar is half way, then 3, then 5 gets unlocked… not very intuitive, but hey, managed to end it…

Posted by: Aapheus.5780

Aapheus.5780

Yep, same problem. 5 skill only apperas SOME of the time, and arena is completely non-functional.

FWIW, there’s a LITTLE BIT of a work around. Reviving dead charr in the area counts toward the heart. Also, there are a couple flame legion power sources within the heart’s area. Disabling them counts a smidge, though killing the ember that spawns does not.

“Sharpen your blades and protect your vitals — I’m back!”