Heart of the Destroyer Bugged?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Frost.6748

Frost.6748

Everyone’s discovered this “seed” bug, but I found what may be another issue. Per Dulfy’s guide, you can go to Mount Maelstrom and get a heart of the destroyer. This is used in the recipe to convert a heat stone into a destroyer heated stone. The wiki recipe is incorrect. It states that to upgrade the heat stone you need a +5 AR, 100 bloodstone bricks, and a heat stone.

Per Dulfy, you need a heat stone, heart of the destroyer, a +5 AR, and 3 bloodstone bricks.(Personally I had the 10K dust to make 100 but don’t care either way).

Has anyone else been able to acquire a heart of the destroyer? It’s possible that it’s only lootable for a few minutes after the boss is killed, or something like that.

Frost
FoW, Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Tansuke.3487

Tansuke.3487

It is gated until you complete the exotic backpiece, meaning if you only have the plant seed/seedling you cannot get the heart yet.

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

OK so, anyone who has this issue should go and try to retrieve the heart of the destroyer on a character who has finished the living story. I tried multiple times on alts who did not finish it. On my warrior who just finished it this morning I was able to interact to get it.

Edit: the above may be incorrect. People have said now as long as you have the seedling you can progress, prior to that you also had to have the back piece.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

(edited by VoxShatterfall.5470)

Posted by: Frost.6748

Frost.6748

The patch released a few hours ago fixed this issue. I was able to loot a heart of the destroyer immediately after logging back on.

Frost
FoW, Yak’s Bend