Hearts and Minds Bug

Hearts and Minds Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

On the last story mission for hearts and minds, fighting the Pale Tree is bugged.

Might I say this has been one of the most frustrating, unenjoyable missions I’ve played. And apparently I’m not event done.

Canach, for some reason, was made a legendary boss. Don’t get me wrong, that’s fine for a group. But I’m playing it solo. Running in circles for 20 minutes hitting a health sponge isn’t fun.

Then we get to the pale tree. Oh the Pale Tree. What a buggy mess she is.

1. Randomly doesn’t take damage. Don’t know if the numbers just aren’t appearing (and another health sponge so I can’ really tell on the health bar), but randomly appears to just stop taking damage. Not go invulnerable. Numbers just stop appearing for a few seconds, then start up again.

2. Doesn’t Die. She keeps healing. I’ve fought her for 40 minutes. I’ve restarted twice, got her to 0 HP probably over 20 times. Each time she just heals to 25%.

Its one thing for maybe some lag, but blocking progress and the players don’t know if its a bug or design is horrible. If I knew this was a bug, I could’ve saved so much time by just restarting earlier.

Hearts and Minds Bug

Posted by: Arjuna.1490

Arjuna.1490

I’ve been doing this fight as well, and I agree. I was stoked to actually fight Mordremoth after the disappointment I had with Zhaitan. Instead, I’m disappointed again by the implementation.

I chose Canach and Braham.

Blighted Eir:
-After defeating Garm, he doesn’t become stunned. He keeps attacking as normal. Not a major issue since he deals so little damage, but still important.
-Sometimes Eir will reach Garm and revive him instantly, never becoming vulnerable to the defiance break.

Blighted Canach:
-The shield never seems to know if it wants to do a force pulse against the grenades or a bubble shield. The difference matters.

Mordremoth: (Get ready, there’s a lot of problems)
-Upon restarting, Mordremoth retains all abilities from previous attempts. This is a MAJOR problem given how much HP he has and how long the fight is meant to take.
-Upon restarting, the ledge that contains the first two rifts sometimes fails to respawn, making the attempt impossible.
-The ledge that contains the third rift has texture bugs that make it impossible to tell where it ends and a deadly drop begins.
-Updrafts sometimes fail to launch the character into the air, especially after getting hit by a rock (even if the character landed nowhere near said updraft)
-Updrafts sometimes fail to spawn during Mordremoth’s massive attack.
-Blighted Marjory occasionally teleports around the arena at random. Unsure if this is intended or not. (I know with Mordremoth it is)

That’s just as far as I’ve gotten. More bugs might exist beyond the third rift.

I know HoT is a massive expansion, and I know this hasn’t been easy on you guys at ANet. I like the concept of the mission immensely compared to the Zhaitan fight. But it lacks polish, and this is frustrating to those of us who see the Living Story as one of GW2’s best selling points. Please fix these as soon as you can.

Jin Gitaxias | Hilde Sovngarde | Natalia Caera

Proud member of TTS

Hearts and Minds Bug

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Yeah, I finally did it with a group and it cut the time so much. Wish they would’ve told you that its heavily suggested to do it with a group.

Hearts and Minds Bug

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Mordremoth: (Get ready, there’s a lot of problems)
-Upon restarting, Mordremoth retains all abilities from previous attempts. This is a MAJOR problem given how much HP he has and how long the fight is meant to take.
-Upon restarting, the ledge that contains the first two rifts sometimes fails to respawn, making the attempt impossible.
-The ledge that contains the third rift has texture bugs that make it impossible to tell where it ends and a deadly drop begins.
-Updrafts sometimes fail to launch the character into the air, especially after getting hit by a rock (even if the character landed nowhere near said updraft)
-Updrafts sometimes fail to spawn during Mordremoth’s massive attack.
-Blighted Marjory occasionally teleports around the arena at random. Unsure if this is intended or not. (I know with Mordremoth it is)

I can add one; I experienced all that & managed to bring him at 10% life (I was soloing it).
Mordy launched the big attack & then proceed to make the big windy AOE during it.
As you can’t come trough even with stab (that you can’t even launch while in glider, so me): I took damage & fell on the ground. Dead.
I threw my mug after that one in frustation.

Please Anet debug that Boss; It’s infuriating.

(edited by papry.8096)

Hearts and Minds Bug

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

So broken.

Canach occasionally doesn’t transition into his different phases during the blighted Canach fight, leaving an invulnerable Blighted version and no shield to break the invulnerability.

Blighted versions of friends refuse to fight my pet (playing a Ranger) which makes for a desperately annoying fight as I’m just running away rather than jockeying for position.

Braham occasionally decides to put a rift in an inaccessible location, breaking the encounter.

Please ANet can you fix this awful fight as a matter of urgency.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square