Hearts not giving karma

Hearts not giving karma

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: andiratyme.2634

andiratyme.2634

Sent this in as a bug on head start day one when I first noticed it. According to my research apparently one is supposed to get them and I seem to remember getting karma rewards in beta and stress tests, but ever since launch the only time you get karma is during events. Did this change and/or could it be fixed if it’s a bug? Thanks!

Hearts not giving karma

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

No, they don’t give karma. But sometimes events happen around the heart areas, and they’ll give you karma.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Hearts not giving karma

andiratyme.2634

Then they changed it. Because in beta they did. I also googled it and confirmed through various websites that renown hearts were supposed to give karma.

Hearts not giving karma

Posted by: Fury of Balthazar.2694

Fury of Balthazar.2694

I have not been in the betas, but I can confirm Tasks have never given Karma for me since launch.

Hearts not giving karma

Posted by: Cappe.9065

Cappe.9065

I’ve played in the beta and for as far as I can remember hearts didn’t give any karma.

Hearts not giving karma

Posted by: Damara.5943

Damara.5943

Odd, as far as I know completing the hearts has always given me Karma. I thought that’s why they sell goods for Karma. Because you get Karma for completing Tasks.

Hearts not giving karma

andiratyme.2634

Weird thing is when I originally looked almost all of the websites said you did it earn it for hearts, now half of them say different. At this point, I’d just love some clarification from Arenanet since I know you did get them in at least one of the betas.

Hearts not giving karma

Posted by: Valshia.7652

Valshia.7652

I know that since at least BWE 3 they don’t give karma, only coin through the mail and xp. Maybe earlier, but BWE 3 is when I have my own video of heart completion and the floater pops up for the xp alone.

Hearts not giving karma

Posted by: Anthyitis.3420

Anthyitis.3420

Tasks did award karma during the beta weekends. I put in a ticket on the second day of the headstart because I thought it was a bug, but maybe it’s not?

I’d also really appreciate some clarification.

Hearts not giving karma

andiratyme.2634

Still looking for some clarification on this. Looks like we have differing thoughts and I’d simply like Anet to tell us what the actual rule of thumb is. Is it a bug or just the way things were changed without our knowledge? Please? Thanks! I know you’re busy, but just curious.

Hearts not giving karma

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

In earlier Betas, they did give Karma, but it has been a long time since we took that out.

Lead Designer – Living World

Hearts not giving karma

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

In earlier Betas, they did give Karma, but it has been a long time since we took that out.

why would you do this? they spawn karma vendors….so logically a small amount of karma woudl be nice and make sense.

esp as getting unlucky with DEs not only leaves you behind the levelling flow but also undergeared.

Hearts not giving karma

andiratyme.2634

I agree it would make sense and I’m confused as to why they took it out as well. However, I’m glad to finally have an answer so thanks for that.

Hearts not giving karma

Posted by: inkgrrl.1469

inkgrrl.1469

I’m confused too. I was getting karma for completing hearts on all my characters until a brand new one I just created a few hours ago. Maybe I was behind on rolling patches, but it doesn’t make any sense to not grant karma when we need so much of it at higher levels, and to get decent gear on the way.

Hearts not giving karma

Posted by: Yoshi.6954

Yoshi.6954

I’ve been doing a healthy amount of events while I quest, and if I hadn’t spent most of it already, i’d say I would have about 15k Karma at level 30. There’s really no reason for hearts to give you more, you really get plenty just from the events you run into.

Hearts not giving karma

Posted by: Rinn.2375

Rinn.2375

Yeah, I earned 17k karma with my lvl40 warrior and I am a lazy one

Ad astra per asperas