Help Paenula train troops (Level 9)?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DBryant.9801

DBryant.9801

Skill 5 on weapon is required to capture animals. Should be a level 10 heart?

Posted by: Magi.7846

Magi.7846

If you go fight some of the Drakes nearby with the rifle, the fifth slot will activate once you get them below 50% health. I thought the locked slot would prevent me from doing that until a friend said they were able to do it.

There is however some issue with the fighting pit. It used to be where you could walk in to activate it, but it doesn’t seem to be working anymore.

Posted by: Crazy Chipmunk.6874

Crazy Chipmunk.6874

i’ve had trouble with this one as well. i tried to see if the fifth slot would activate for me when i got the health below 50%. it did not. my character level is 44 so there shouldn’t be any reason for me to be unable to complete it.

Posted by: EvilMeow.4286

EvilMeow.4286

I am having the exact problem. The 5th skill (Net Shot) stays locked no matter the health level of the drake. Also, there is no dialogue option to fight the beasts in the pit.

Posted by: Brinon.8321

Brinon.8321

I have had an issue with pit fighting option as well. I will not let me fight any of the creatures I have captured or that were preset to fight from prior to the recent changes.

Posted by: Radon.2086

Radon.2086

This heart quest has been bugged for over a week on my EU fsp megaserver. You can retrieve a rifle but none of the minotaurs/drakes or even the fight pit are activated.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Bugs I noticed:
- Getting skill 5 interrupted loses access to it for that particular mob.
- Skill 5 unlocks inconsistently. Appears that 50% is the intention, but I have not once seen the rifle bleed trigger the 50% change and unlock the skill.
- Rifle disappears after a number of minutes, but there is no visible buff timer.

Oh and I couldn’t get the arena to activate at all, but I’ve never used it before, so I’m not 100% sure how it’s supposed to work. Talked to the one dude, but he didn’t actually give me an option to do it.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Totally blocked for me, preventing map completion. Net shot never unlocks, battle pit never starts.

I have done the battle pit plenty of times before this (my preferred way to complete the heart). Before, you’d walk in and get a dialogue with time limited choices for difficulty. If for some reason that didn’t start, you could talk to the battle pit NPC and start it up. Now even if you talk to the NPC, he tells you you’re ready… and then does nothing.

Posted by: Brinon.8321

Brinon.8321

I got the rifle feature to work. just have to wait until it the drakes and minotaurs are way below half. but still not getting anywhere with the pit fighting option.

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Tried again with the rifle, after reading the thread here and discussion in map chat.

About 10% of the time, the net shot would unlock and allow me to capture the minotaur/salamander. But the rest of the time, the net shot didn’t unlock at all and I ended up just having to kill the beast.

As I mentioned, I used to do the battle pit for the heart far more often. But if memory serves, the net shot wasn’t locked at all before the NPE changes. Seems like that would be a lot easier.

Posted by: Spiritualsky.2680

Spiritualsky.2680

Yup…same here…just spent an hour trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. *sigh Just a bug I guess.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Fix this bug. Level 80 toon has no access to the net, can’t get map completion…………seriously BAD changes to weapon skills/skills effecting ALL.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Labjax.2465

If you are level 80 and are having trouble getting the net to appear, try using skill 1 only, so that you kill the mob more slowly. And be careful about stacking too many bleeds at once.

That helped me get through the heart.

Edit: You could also try unequipping your gear, especially if you’re running full zerker. I didn’t think to try this, but it might help.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

If you are level 80 and are having trouble getting the net to appear, try using skill 1 only, so that you kill the mob more slowly. And be careful about stacking too many bleeds at once.

That helped me get through the heart.

Edit: You could also try unequipping your gear, especially if you’re running full zerker. I didn’t think to try this, but it might help.

Ha! I just did this before returning here for my results and what I will recommend needs to be done for this task.

First, yes, unequip weapons. This is mainly to get rid of sigils like Fire and Air which can have devastating results (obvs).

Second, do not enable auto attack (which I never enabled).

Finally, have cursor over skill 5 and as soon as it is available, press LMB.

Now, how I would resolve the issue with this task.

1. Remove bleeding from this weapon. There is NO reason to have bleeding on it.
2. Increase the amount of health to trigger skill #5 from whatever it is (it seems incredibly low, like 10%) to 49%. There is no reason for this to be at the currently incredibly low amount.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Labjax.2465

Ha! I just did this before returning here for my results and what I will recommend needs to be done for this task.

First, yes, unequip weapons. This is mainly to get rid of sigils like Fire and Air which can have devastating results (obvs).

Second, do not enable auto attack (which I never enabled).

Finally, have cursor over skill 5 and as soon as it is available, press LMB.

Now, how I would resolve the issue with this task.

1. Remove bleeding from this weapon. There is NO reason to have bleeding on it.
2. Increase the amount of health to trigger skill #5 from whatever it is (it seems incredibly low, like 10%) to 49%. There is no reason for this to be at the currently incredibly low amount.

Glad you found a way to work around it!

I’m inclined to agree concerning the bleed. I think it either needs to be removed or needs a fix because something is wonky with the percentages (not to mention, having a mob still taking damage while you’re trying to hit the capture button is never fun).

I do wonder if the reason the percentages are so wonky is that bleed damage isn’t counting toward the health % the mob needs to be at for skill 5 to trigger. It’s a theory anyway.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: McPilch.3719

McPilch.3719

Another trick, look for some Iron Legion NPCs down by the water to the south.. you can revive them to get credit towards heart.

Posted by: guigt.7891

guigt.7891

To succeed this quest, what I did is the following (at lvl 80):

1. Skill #1 until 40% health
2. Skill #3, which push the monster backward
3. Skill #5 is now unlocked, so you can use it

Don’t know if that’s what you have to do officially, but it worked for me.

Posted by: NeoChaos.1947

NeoChaos.1947

found an much easier way to do it, just crtl + right click on skill 5 making it the auto attack. and just press 1 till the auto attack takes over.

Zita / Furia / Chaitra / Inyxe / Nitika / Anila / Xiranne / Xaphean / Icasha
@ Piken Square

Posted by: Tribidy.4601

Tribidy.4601

This is not bugged as far as I could tell. You have to rifle butt them just before half life or at half life to unlock the net.