Heritage chest armor doesn't dye [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sojourner.8356

Sojourner.8356

Hello guys. I have this problem with my armor.
For some streagne reason I can not apply the gold dye on some parts on Charr T3 heavy cultural armor.
I only have the pads, gloves and chest amt. The parts that can’t be dyed are the upper boxes of the items in the dye panel. Ie. the chest has 3 boxes 1 big and 2 small below.
I can dye the small boxes but not the big.
I can see the color change when I’m still in the hero panel but after i colose it those parts get white and in the hero panel the dye changes from gold to a dye named “dye remover” O_o
I tried to remove the armor, relog, remove the dye then aply the gold dye – nothing works.
I have tested all my other dyes and I get this bug only with the gold one.

Posted by: jobbinjon.1083

jobbinjon.1083

i have the same problem on charr t3 heavy cultural :/

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Hello guys. I have this problem with my armor.
For some streagne reason I can not apply the gold dye on some parts on Charr T3 heavy cultural armor.
I only have the pads, gloves and chest amt. The parts that can’t be dyed are the upper boxes of the items in the dye panel. Ie. the chest has 3 boxes 1 big and 2 small below.
I can dye the small boxes but not the big.
I can see the color change when I’m still in the hero panel but after i colose it those parts get white and in the hero panel the dye changes from gold to a dye named “dye remover” O_o
I tried to remove the armor, relog, remove the dye then aply the gold dye – nothing works.
I have tested all my other dyes and I get this bug only with the gold one.

I have exactly the same issue. I really wish it got fixed as gold dye would look amazing in T3

Skullclamp

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

And its terrible. This happened as a result of the 2/26 patch. Please look into it and fix.

Attachments:

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Posted by: dawunsushi.1746

dawunsushi.1746

Noticed this right away as well. Here’s a detailed screenshot of the affected areas.

Attachments:

Posted by: Erick.1984

Erick.1984

Same bug here…. Please , fix this =)

Regards,

Erick

Attachments:

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

The Heritage Warplate heavy chest piece for my female charr Warrior is not coloring properly anymore. Below is an image showing the colors – a bright red-pink and lead/silvery scheme I don’t recall ever having used – which seem to be permanently applied to the armor. I can apply dye to all four armor zones, and most of those zones change color, save for the affected areas shown in the screenshot.

I’ve tried transmuting a piece of junk armor’s appearance over the Heritage piece, which does reset its colors properly, but when I reapplied the Heritage skin, the forced coloring was back. I then transmuted the Heritage skin onto a second piece of junk armor, which also showed the forced colors issue. Two separate pieces of armor with the same problem.

My Asura Guardian also wears Heritage with no problems; the issue’s currently unique to my charr. I recently started playing her again after using a Full Makeover kit on her for the new colors; her armor colors were normal a few weeks ago when I put her down, but locked into this weird color palette when I went through customizing her. Her armor was wonky before I used the kit, so I don’t believe it had anything to do with it, but it bears mentioning.

Attachments:

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

I been using the Hall of Monuments gear since release. No issues on my Guardian or Warrior, until now.

Since the last few days, my Charr Warrior (Heavy obviously) suddenly turned red on the stripe that runs down the HoM gear chest piece. It won’t revert with Remove Dye. It won’t get covered up. It won’t reset when relogging. It won’t reset when taking everything off and putting back on. It won’t let me transmute it again, since it says I already have the same item (duh, but it was my choice to make).

It’s not even a nice red, but some pink hue…. ugh

My last option is to waste my perfectly good chest piece with another chest piece to transmute again. Then hope the colors are not saved so I do not have the issue again. I’m not going to do that, since I’m tired of wasting my in-game money (like waypoint costs to the overflow and I miss events/guild missions due to full status). So I’ll edit when I do get a new chest and if it works or fails.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.

Hsinimod.5784

Bug since Nov. Youtube has videos on it.

Any word at all from Anet? Any way to reset it?

5 months is a long time to have my HoM gear permanently stuck with certain colors in the dye channels.

Hsinimod.5784

Exact same issue. Male Charr.

I didn’t use a makeover kit. The armor just was “bad” one day, the exact same colors as you randomly inserted.

Hsinimod.5784

Seems a separate dye bug was merged with the rest….

Just so whoever reads this (if they bother to read this far) the Charr wearing HoM Heavy is not the same bug.

We can take it off without crashing. No problems there.
We cannot change the colors, as the stripe stays the Salmon color.
All of us have the exact same color bugged out on the stripe.
Urrid, Erick, and DevilLordLaser posted screenshots above. Notice the stripe down the chest? Notice the color?

That is the bug.

Hsinimod.5784

@Vermundr.7428: OMG! Thank you! I’ve been running around with these purple shoes I could not change, and finally I ran across this, which worked for me also. You have to undye everything! Exit char panel and then go back and re-dye.

Thanks much!

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work with the HoM Heavy Chest piece, on Charr. That color bug is just…. persistent

Posted by: rose.2894

rose.2894

On my female Charr character, the heavy Heritage chest piece has parts of it that are permanently dyed red, no matter what colors I pick. I attached some pics of it to this post. I’ve asked other players with access to heritage and they’ve all told me on a charr, they can dye it just fine, and don’t have this issue. But, I know it just isn’t a bug on my own screen cos other players can see it on me too. I’ve tried throwing away that heritage piece and buying a new one but it’s the same for all of them. It only does this on my charr, using the same piece on any other of my characters doesn’t yield the same problem.

is there any way to fix this?

Attachments:

Posted by: rose.2894

rose.2894

any word on this?

Posted by: Kibbles.9813

Kibbles.9813

Same issue here, only seems to affect the HoM Heavy Warplate. I tried transmuting it onto different armors with different dyes, but the red (Salmon) parts remain persistently there and can’t be changed :<

The below shot is with Pitch dye in all 4 chest armor slots.

Attachments:

Kynn Snagtooth [TCFM] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Kibbles.9813)

Posted by: JustCurious.3457

JustCurious.3457

Same here, male Charr, hoping for a fix soon.

Classes: Guardian, Elementalist, Warrior, Thief, Engineer, Herald

Posted by: Gadiantan.5678

Gadiantan.5678

I have this same problem.

From the 3/26 patch notes: “The PvP Commando’s Helm item has been updated to use the correct model.”

Since they are working on armor models hopefully they fixed the HoM Heavy Chest piece error introduced 1 month ago in the 2/26 patch.

Posted by: Falindae.6075

Falindae.6075

Glad, but not glad, to see this is happening to other players than myself.

Same problem — Female Charr, Heritage Heavy Armor chest piece has a red stripe down the middle and on the armband that cannot be changed by any dye corridor.

This is frustrating enough, looking at the clash, that I actually had to get myself another red to make it work.

I don’t understand why this hasn’t been fixed yet, as it seems fairly simple to tie it back in with one of the dye corridors again, but…

Please address this issue? It seems pointless to have the ‘benefit’ of the armor from previous GW1 play when it looks awful because of an insurmountable glitch. sigh

Posted by: hatspixelscake.7506

hatspixelscake.7506

My male Charr has this bug on Heavy Heritage chest armor. My male Norn does not. It’s clear that the armor simply ignores whatever color is used in position #4 (lower right) for that armor piece in the dye picker.

(edited by hatspixelscake.7506)

Posted by: Silavor.6257

Silavor.6257

This misplaced dye channel ONLY affects charr, by the way. The other four races have perfectly normal heritage warplates.

Posted by: Hawk.5387

Hawk.5387

The same problem appear on my Charr’s heritage chest armor.

Posted by: AidenWalker.2019

AidenWalker.2019

Same issue on my male charr guardian for same amount of time.

Attachments:

Posted by: Fenrir.7408

Fenrir.7408

Bumping this thread to report that even with the new build released earlier today, this problem has STILL not been fixed. Sorry, ArenaNet, but I really love the look of that armor – And that the bug has been around since November (if the posts I’ve read here are correct) is bordering on ridiculous.

Can we get a definitive answer on when this’ll be fixed, or at the very least, why it seems a problem for some charr players and not for others?

I use an Nvidia GTX 580, and have been able to run the game since release with almost no graphical issues – Save for this supremely irritating bug. And the bug was not around when the game was released.

Here is a screen illustrating the point.

Attachments:

(edited by Fenrir.7408)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Got this bug too. It’s pretty annoying, but I’m dealing with it for now by pretending it’s the distinguishing mark of Blood Legion centurions. :P

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I created a charr specifically to use this armour and for some reason the one panel of the chest piece is permanently red and won’t dye any other colour.

It doesn’t work like this for any other class. It seems the top right channel of the chest dye options is the one that is broken (it’s possible two, but that one definitely isn’t applying the dye appropriately).

Posted by: Wings.5140

Wings.5140

Also have this bug.

Can we at least get some form of message from ArenaNet letting us know that they might fix this some time soon?

Posted by: Silavor.6257

Silavor.6257

Still not fixed after all this time, huh?
Why do charr and asura graphical bugs never seem to get fixed? Do most of the graphical designers only work on humans or something?

Recap: (because for some silly reason two totally unrelated issues were merged together into one thread)
The heritage warplate, the heavy Hall of Monuments chestpiece, has a graphical error that only affects charr. The other four races do not have this issue. The dye channel that used to affect the central strip of metal on the sternum is broken. It now dyes a U-shaped pattern around the edges, while the central strip of metal is permanently Salmon colored.

This issue appeared suddenly with the 02/26 update, and has never been fixed since then.