Hero: Lifetime Survivor

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Arkulin.3421

Arkulin.3421

Q:

is it bugged or when one of you character dies it stop progress on all other characters? (monthly “survivor” is working properly)

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

My experience bar never moves for it. I think it is bugged.

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Monthly survivor isn’t working properly, unless you mean we aren’t suposed to log out and get 100k exp without leaving the map.

As for hero one, still at 0 for me.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: Arkulin.3421

Arkulin.3421

Monthly survivor isn’t working properly, unless you mean we aren’t suposed to log out and get 100k exp without leaving the map.

As for hero one, still at 0 for me.

I have completed couple of days ago my monthly survivor, so I do not have a problem with it. But for hero one, it does not “move”.

Posted by: Gynxz.4079

Gynxz.4079

1. Those achievements are account wide so all contribute and all can cancel it
  2. The reason it stays at a fixed number is because thats the highest you have achieved. If you got it to 80K and died, it will read 80K until you pass that amount of XP w/o dying.

Posted by: Valhingen.4957

Valhingen.4957

A second bar with the current XP would be really useful… didn’t know that it is account-wide, so you better not switch to a low-level toon before completing it. How about PvP, does a death there reset the counter?

Posted by: poymode.6250

poymode.6250

2. The reason it stays at a fixed number is because thats the highest you have achieved. If you got it to 80K and died, it will read 80K until you pass that amount of XP w/o dying.

Yes, this is correct.

Also, logging out of the game will reset the exp gain.

Posted by: Tyqer.6413

Tyqer.6413

Exactly this. I’ve heard it resetting on logout, as if you had died, but don’t know if they fixed it or not.

Fort Aspenwood
Kireta

Posted by: Jason Yeung.2083

Jason Yeung.2083

I was really frustrated when the “New build available, restart in X minutes” stopped me from getting the achievement.

As a suggestion, get this achievement by crafting! Also, as crafting gives you exp as a % at your level, so, crafting on your highest level character boost this the most!

[Henge of Denravi]
Hi there, I am from Hong Kong and please forgive my poor English. :D

Posted by: Cayote.9318

Cayote.9318

It really is bugged though, after doing 3-4 events I should have got about 160k EXP or more, but it still stays on 0, as it does for everyone I know.

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
Character: Cayote The Brute
Guild: Legends of Sacred Light [LSL]

Posted by: Torrance.8012

Torrance.8012

Yes, this is correct.

except mine never budged from zero.

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Mine never budged from zero also, I whish Anet would fix this!

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Mine has never moved from zero either.

It’s bothering me because I’d really like to start a dedicated survivor character as I did in GW1 (got all 3 Protector titles and finished the EOTN story without ever dying, I’m thinking about going through the dungeons next) but I can’t do it until the title is working properly or the count will be off.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Meridya.9352

Meridya.9352

Yes, this is correct.

Wait a second. You’re saying the “Lifetime Survivor” Achievement in the Hero section of the achievements panel must be completed all in one session? Anet expects us to accumulate 500,000 experience on one character without ever logging out? And even if I have a character with 0 deaths, my progress can be reset if I switch characters and die on the other character?

That can’t be right.

Posted by: Ethos.3902

Ethos.3902

I’ve gained several levels (easily over 1mil exp) at 80 in a single zone and play session without going down or dieing and my bar for this is still at 0.

The monthly version of it works fine and I’ve completed it fully to all levels twice now but the lifetime version has never been higher than 0.

Posted by: GrayHawk.7560

GrayHawk.7560

I dont know if its bugged or just not active yet, my survivor character just had his first death from akitten fall, reaaally dont want to restart so I would love it if a mod would pop in and fill us in on when it will be activated and if its going to be retroactive ie if your character died before it was activated sorry for you or if it will only take into account from when they decide to activate it?