Hero Point/Game Crash bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: BroCro.8469

BroCro.8469

Every time I try to commune with Hero Point at the end of channeling my game crashes!

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Whenever I get a skill/hero point, my game crashes and I get an error message. It makes map completion near-impossible because I crash for every hero point.

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

I am having this same issue, but I am only having it in Drytop, Silverwastes and WvW.

Posted by: mrtummygiggles.6108

mrtummygiggles.6108

Same issue.
Did two hero points in Silverwastes. One was a fight the other a channel. Both crashed my game.

Posted by: Ferril.8109

Ferril.8109

Indeed. I had no issues in Tyria. Seems Drytop, Silverwastes, and WvW are the only ones affected. After I came back from a channeling Hero Point, it said I had gained that point. Unfortunately, I did not see my points before to actually see if it went through. I’ll try another and let you know. Stop it, Mordremoth!

Update Edit: I completed another channeling point along with a fighting point. I crashed on both at the end. BUT! I did earn the point. These 3 were done in Drytop.

Edit 2: I’m pretty sure I lost all my WvW hero points on my engineer. I finished them last week and I just checked and I have zero done.. I did a channeling point, crashed, got credit. Doing them again would result in having max hero points.

(edited by Ferril.8109)

Posted by: Sicarine.3985

Sicarine.3985

This was not an issue for me. Until I zoned into the silverwastes. Every hero point i’ve gotten from the Silverwastes has crashed me

Posted by: angel.2769

angel.2769

It happend to me in world vs world, as well.

Posted by: Xelonir.5921

Xelonir.5921

Same here. Every Hero Point = crash.

Posted by: Leggendalex.4659

Leggendalex.4659

I have the same problem, please Anet fix this bug

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Please when you say you get error message, post it, as well, I did repo this so here it is.

• Crash <—*
    Assertion: Type not set (did you call Initialize when you made this frame?
    File: ..\..\..\Game\Ui\Widgets\MapInfo\MiProgressBar.cpp(363)
How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Posted by: Yunni.8296

Yunni.8296

This happened to me at the two hero points I got in Dry Top today.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Did just happen to me in Silver Waste. Game crashes at the exact point when i earn the hero point and i get the info that something serious happen and game will close do you wish to send a report.

Posted by: Ordin.9047

Ordin.9047

This is happening to me too.

dom.2748

Could we get some sort of reply on this? You know hero points are an important thing to get right now. A lot of people are trying to get them all before HoT and we can’t.

Posted by: Bartender.1674

Bartender.1674

three times in Dry top today on two separate heropoints.

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

Have the same issue. Makes it near impossible to get hero points in WvW where your server has a queue

Posted by: Delwar.4201

Delwar.4201

I have also experienced the same issue. I just did both the skill challenges. Both times right after completing it the game would crash.

Commander of Sentinels of Melandru
http://smelandru.guildlaunch.com/

Posted by: Tenna Tulre.2076

Tenna Tulre.2076

My husband and I are having the same issue, both at home and at his workplace where he plays from as well. This did not start until yesterday’s patches as he has been trying to complete world completion on his warrior.

Level 80 Mesmer, Ele, Engi
Co-Guild Leader | The Nefarious Legacies [TNL]
Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Can confirm, crashed twice in the last hour from hero points in Dry Top

Posted by: SableHaze.3870

SableHaze.3870

Like title says..I completed the Hero Point just northwest of camp resolve and game crashed. I didn’t think much of it, got back into the game and been playing awhile and doing events in SW and came to the Hero Point just Northeast of Amber Sandfall and game crashed when I completed the challenge once again.

Posted by: Neap.5402

Neap.5402

So not sure if this is just a one time thing…….. In Silver Wastes there is a fragrent cactus hero point when i used the fruit my client crashed.

Posted by: Cdoto.4920

Cdoto.4920

Like title says..I completed the Hero Point just northwest of camp resolve and game crashed. I didn’t think much of it, got back into the game and been playing awhile and doing events in SW and came to the Hero Point just Northeast of Amber Sandfall and game crashed when I completed the challenge once again.

I’ve gotten the same thing today.

I’m on my ranger, and I snagged the hero point in the Skritt tunnel near the Topsy-Turvy then the Ancient Devourer in the southwest. Both times a crash.

Error message reads, “Type not set (did you call Initialize when you made this frame?”
Go go dynamic typing.

I’m on a Mac client.

I’d have enclosed a screenshot, but the client went unresponsive and I had to force-quit it to get out.

Posted by: Azuresky.1726

Azuresky.1726

I am having the same issue, same zone. I’ve sent in crash reports each time it’s happened. I’m not sure what changes were made, but it would be cool if they were fixed sooner rather than later.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

All hero points in dry top have this issue too

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

As title says, game client crashes after communing with hero points in Dry Top (any hero point, specifically the ones near rustbucket but so far all points seem effected). Will test other zones soon.

Edit: Seems like all hero points are bugged, even ones that don’t need communing

(edited by Terra.8571)

dom.2748

This happens with hero challenges in WvW as well.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think the latest patch fixed it? I was able to get all the skillpoints in silver wastes without crash

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Why have this not been fixed yet? I still crash when ever i interact with communing Hero challanges. At the very last second when the chaneling finnish the game closes with a message about a very serious error and do i want to send a report. Yesterday my game crashed when i was on eb with a new character, i forgot about the crashes and took the one in sm and bam! Gone. Was a 32 man que just because i forgot about the bug -.-
I seen so many people vanish infront of me when doing the same so it is not only a small issue. Hero points are important whilst leveling and since we have so many new levelers in game right now this really should be fixed fast.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Surprised no Red post yet on this serious issue. The Silverwaste is where I noticed the crashing issue while communing with the hero point at the start of the JP.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.