Hidden Arcana - Vortex spawn inside walls

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Made it to the final boss and got him about halfway dead. Noticed that he stopped spawning vortex crystals. After about 5-10 minutes of running around, I saw the little AE pulse coming from inside one of the walls, and could hear the sound effect when I got close.
I could tell the vortex crystal was inside the wall, as I could give it splash damage from AEs, but I could not get close enough to give it the frailty debuff, rendering the mission unwinnable.
Why the Priory section and the Glint’s Lair section of this mission weren’t split up into two, I don’t know, but this mission is too long for it to bug out at the end like this.

I used the forum search tool to look for other reported bugs with Hidden Arcana, but no search results turned up.

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I had also (many) bugs with the final boss. But luckily the missing vortex crystals (maybe hidden in the wall) happened to me when the boss was at less than 30% health. With the help of my pet I managed to damage it 100 points with every attack. After 15 minutes (only the last 25% of the last boss!) I had killed it.

I encountered so many bugs in the Hidden Arcane world that several times I thought about just giving up. Particularly the last boss had many bugs. Crystals during the colour phase spanned all inside deadly ground target AoE. One time I had to wait for more then 5 minutes before a crystal was outside the AoE. The boss lost magically 20% of its health in 1 second. At that moment I thought that happened because I was already fighting it for more then 30 minutes, but I now think it was just another bug.

/edit: I found another post about this bug: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Hidden-Arcana-story-quest-bugged/first#post4543695

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

(edited by Rose Solane.1027)

Posted by: Hydra.1729

Hydra.1729

This mission was a complete waste of time and just goes to show how bad level design can get. It should be a case study in what not to do ever for game designers.

I spent at least an hour getting through the mission, got to the final boss, and wasn’t able to continue because the vortex warped out of the map. I’ve been on the line about quitting GW2 for a while and this is the last straw.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

They should just stop with these megalong bossfights .. and especially not put 4 or 5
of them in one instance with no points where progress is saved.

And i don’t think they make anyone of those people that always cry for “more challenge”
happy with those overlong fights .. they are just plain annoying .. thats all.

And it was already bad in the first part of LS2 when you fought 10 minutes or
whatever against the last boss and then had a timeout.

In every other MMO instances stay open for 5-15 minutes, so that you can rejoin
after a DC .. but here you always need to restart the whole stuff from the start.
Thats one of the reasons i really don’t like all these story instances.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

(edited by Beldin.5498)