Hidden Arcana - fps on Light attunement

Hidden Arcana - fps on Light attunement

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Did anyone else hit this, and if so, did you find a solution? (Asking on behalf of a friend, so I don’t have precise hardware/settings details… I know he’s running on oldish kit, but fps isn’t normally a problem for him.)

A couple of days ago, we were jointly attempting the “Echoes of the Past” story, “Hidden Arcana” (which I’ve done multiple times on other characters). Things were initially OK, but after defeating the Distorted Facet of Strength my friend hit a problem that stopped us getting to Distorted facet of Light, and eventually made us give up in despair.

In summary, every time he got the attunement required to protect him from the damage fields (transparent globe animation), his frame rate plummeted to the point where character control became impossible. We were able to get past the first, large field, because it’s basically just a straight run, but navigating over the narrow spans of crystal bridge from the second attunement point to the Facet, with the protection buff timer running down and movement direction important, defeated him. After about the 6th successive fall and restart, we were forced to give up.

Any help appreciated.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)