Hidden Arcana story quest bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Memphis.3274

Memphis.3274

In the story mission Hidden Arcana, at the boss fight (were you meet up with Majory and Kasmeer) one of the Vortex Crystals spawned inside the wall, making it impossible to kill the boss.

Attachments:

Posted by: Noxicon.4956

Noxicon.4956

Same for me and a friend. How could you not set parameters on where these things can spawn? We’re gonna have to repeat this entire long kitten instance again because of shotty design.

Posted by: Byron Miller

Byron Miller

Game Designer

Thanks for the heads up, Memphis. We’ve identified the problem and we are working on a solution!

.b

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Same thing happened to me! AHHHHHH!!!! So rage inducing. Thanks for trying to fix it.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Thanks for the heads up, Memphis. We’ve identified the problem and we are working on a solution!

.b

Thats nice .. but i really don’t have any interest to do that whole zone again from zero.
I’ve now spended over 1 hour in that zone.

Maybe you really should implement some checkpoints where you can continue if
you want to retry it .. its also annoying on longer instances if you have a DC and
you need to start from zero.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

Happened to me, too. The boss was far enough down, though, that I could v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y take it down.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

Posted by: Tomo.1084

Tomo.1084

Its not bugged, at beggining of exploding crystals field, Their is a shimmering box, stand inside and you will receive a Fragile buff, get too The Vortex crystal and it kills in instantly, Hope this solves the problem for you guys.

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Happened to me too, couldn’t find a vortex crystal. Then I checked on here and the whole thing reset, which fixed it I guess….

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Story bugged for me too at the Malevolent Memory . Vortex Crystal is inside the color (it was the red one) and wont take any damage. The Fragile buffs are all inside the instant death fields and Marjorie seems stuck standing in the middle of that as well whacking away at the Vortex Crystal. When I get the color buff I can go in but I seemed to stop doing any damage to MM once I got him down to a certain point and it would not go any further. My hands finally wore out and I gave up.

I too, really do not want to have to redo this all over after having worked so hard to get this far only to have it bug out.

Beldin.5498

Its not bugged, at beggining of exploding crystals field, Their is a shimmering box, stand inside and you will receive a Fragile buff, get too The Vortex crystal and it kills in instantly, Hope this solves the problem for you guys.

Nope .. fragile buff only made me knock back whenever i try to attack .. and also with
ranged attacks the mob simply heals up after 2-3 attacks.

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

It was also bugged for me.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Daskia.2369

Daskia.2369

I didn’t have this particular problem, but I did have a very glitchy one. When I finally killed the boss (Malevolent Memory), it killed me at the same time. Before I had a chance to do anything it went into a cutscene to which Marjory revived me during. After the cutscene was over I was alive, but the quest didn’t progress. I jumped back out of the chamber and tried to toss myself off the one of the ledges to see if respawning would help. When I did that, it ported me back to the very beginning but wouldn’t let me use any of the teleports to get back through, so I was stuck at the beginning. I had to log out to get out of the instance and now I have to do it all over again.

Posted by: Blutyr.9653

Blutyr.9653

Doing it the second time now, bugged both times. No new vortex’ appear. So, no new content for 2 months, then when it finally comes out it’s bugged? Nice. Don’t they have game testers or something..?

Posted by: The Doom Cannon.9062

The Doom Cannon.9062

Have the same problem. Vortex crystal spawned in the box

Posted by: cdeathblade.7054

cdeathblade.7054

Nope .. fragile buff only made me knock back whenever i try to attack .. and also with

I got both the color buff and the fragility shield at same time, worked in being able to destroy it. Didn’t get knocked back or anything. Hope this helps!

Posted by: Jujube.7563

Jujube.7563

I had the exact same thing happen at the exact same spot. The vortex crystal spawned directly inside the colored light beam. I couldn’t get anywhere near the vortex crystal to have it absorb my fragility buff because I kept getting knocked back every time. When I had the color buff and the fragility shield at the same time, no matter how I approached it I still got knocked back and the fragility buff was never absorbed by the vortex crystal so that I could kill it and damage the boss. After getting nowhere, I left the instance and then re-ran it thinking that maybe I’d be lucky to avoid that scenario again, but no…the exact same thing happened in the same spot the second time around.

Incredibly frustrating as I was enjoying the story progression and felt like I had the mechanics down from previous bosses but couldn’t actually utilize them. Apparently whatever was working for people saying they could hit the vortex crystal with both buffs isn’t working for some of us.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You need to have the correct buff. You can’t use the red buff on the green aura around the vortex. You will occasionally get more than one of the small golem things which have different color buffs.

Beldin.5498

You need to have the correct buff. You can’t use the red buff on the green aura around the vortex. You will occasionally get more than one of the small golem things which have different color buffs.

You talk from another boss maybe .. at the last boss there was only the green buff available .. it maybe changes when you are able to destroy the vortex .. but that simply was not possible.

Aerinndis.2730

I just ran through a second time and this one successfully. Last boss I kept running around in circles and not stopping very much to keep him from throwing too much down in one spot and was able to get the fragility and the vortexes to spawn all over instead of just one spot like it did last night. Continuous running in wide circles also helped with the circles of death being spread out so they had little to no impact. I actually enjoyed the fight and it really didn’t take that long since it was working as it should. I did have one add spawn that once I killed it was not of the active color needed but it didn’t matter because another one spawned right after with the active color.

Ayrilana.1396

You talk from another boss maybe .. at the last boss there was only the green buff available .. it maybe changes when you are able to destroy the vortex .. but that simply was not possible.

No. I’ve had it where there were two of the golem things and they each gave out different color buffs.

Posted by: Jujube.7563

Jujube.7563

For what it’s worth, I gave it another go and was finally able to complete the encounter. Most of my vortex crystals spawned inside color columns. Seems that I just had to keep throwing myself at/near the vortex crystal from all different angles and time it right. With both the fragility and appropriate color buff active, eventually the vortex crystal absorbed my fragility before I got knocked back again. I made sure my color buffs from the mobs matched the auras so I’m not sure why I kept getting knocked around all the time.

Posted by: Sonramune.6270

Sonramune.6270

Story bugged for me too at the Malevolent Memory . Vortex Crystal is inside the color (it was the red one) and wont take any damage. The Fragile buffs are all inside the instant death fields and Marjorie seems stuck standing in the middle of that as well whacking away at the Vortex Crystal. When I get the color buff I can go in but I seemed to stop doing any damage to MM once I got him down to a certain point and it would not go any further. My hands finally wore out and I gave up.

I too, really do not want to have to redo this all over after having worked so hard to get this far only to have it bug out.

Same exact thing for me, except the buff field was green instead of red.

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

I had the same situation as the OP. In a screen shot I took, the vortex spawned high in the crystal wall. I ran around it with the fragile buff hoping to get to it, but it didn’t leave me and attach to the vortex, so I just ran around shooting the boss thinking I could eventually kill it. However, even though it was showing red hits, the health wasn’t moving.

I really don’t feel like repeating this instance to continue the story because it is so long. I’m also not looking forward to any achievements associated with it.

Posted by: Vladish.3940

Vladish.3940

Between vortexes that dont show up (I assume stuck somewhere in wall given the frequent bug reports about it) and pretty much every single fragility buff spawning inside purple dot circles (even is trying to spread them around) I found this one quest frustrating and (to me) game breaking. Final fight to be exact. I need a break from this game before I start hating it as a whole, and hopefully, by the time I get back it will be fixed…

Posted by: Draghmar.2594

Draghmar.2594

Oh…that’s why I had such a problem last night. I thought it stopped spawning vortexes but it probably spawned it inside some wall. Fortunately I could damage it because of splash damage my necro does…it took a lot of time but I manage to kill it.

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I had the same frustrating experience with the Hidden Arcane. I am not sure if the first three bosses worked as they should be but the last one definitely did not. Several times I had all crystals spawn inside deadly AoE and the last 25% of the boss I had shields but no crystals. The crystals were probably in the wall. Marjory, my pet and me managed to kill it in the end, but this story part took me 2 hours. No fun!

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Ayrilana.1396

I had the same frustrating experience with the Hidden Arcane. I am not sure if the first three bosses worked as they should be but the last one definitely did not. Several times I had all crystals spawn inside deadly AoE and the last 25% of the boss I had shields but no crystals. The crystals were probably in the wall. Marjory, my pet and me managed to kill it in the end, but this story part took me 2 hours. No fun!

Don’t stand in the same place the entire time.

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

3 words. What the kitten. I got up to the final boss and all manner of words came out when I got so frustrated trying to do it. To me, if feels bugged, here’s why:

I killed the little fragment guy, get the green color go to green light get shield, cool… This is where it breaks for me. I get the fragile thingy, go back to try to destroy the vortex, the green light knocks me back.
So failed that like five times, died a few other times because of bad fragile spawning right under me when fighting… and I gave up at midnight.

Was fun and pretty map, until that. Please, that vortex or the light has to move. Can’t get more than 25% down on the last boss since I get stuck after that first stage.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Posted by: RedWolf.6513

RedWolf.6513

3 words. What the kitten. I got up to the final boss and all manner of words came out when I got so frustrated trying to do it. To me, if feels bugged, here’s why:

I killed the little fragment guy, get the green color go to green light get shield, cool… This is where it breaks for me. I get the fragile thingy, go back to try to destroy the vortex, the green light knocks me back.
So failed that like five times, died a few other times because of bad fragile spawning right under me when fighting… and I gave up at midnight.

Was fun and pretty map, until that. Please, that vortex or the light has to move. Can’t get more than 25% down on the last boss since I get stuck after that first stage.

I was getting the same problem as well. I did the same thing as you did. I tried many other solutions to get around to it and the Malevolent Memory is unkillable. It damaged all of my armors and still unable to kill the boss. I believe it is still a bug. Took me three hours trying to beat it and could not do it. It is now midnight then I gave up and wait until Anet fix this.

Ayrilana.1396

I’ve killed it 7+ times and have never ran into an issue where my color buff was rejected by the same color barrier around the vortex. However, there have been times where I have slacked and a second facet has spawned with a different color and the barrier has also changed.

Are you sure that you have the correct color buff and the barrier around the vortex matches that color? Did you still have the color buff when you reached the vortex as it does wear off.

Aerinndis.2730

I am assuming you killed the Summoned Facet (little guy) and got the colored aura but then you ALSO have to get the Fragile bubble while you have the colored aura on and THEN run to the light to take out the vortex (stand till vortex takes the fragile debuff and one hit usually takes it down). Color of the aura and the light do have to match. I had one run where I got a different color so I waited that out and tried again when I got the next which had the right color.

The boss has two phases. One where the vortex spawns anywhere (unless it bugs into the wall) so all you have to do is run into the fragile bubble and then get to the vortex and stand till it takes it and one hit usually takes it out. Other phase is the light column with the vortex inside. For that phase you want to keep moving well away from the vortex because you don’t want the rings of death near that and kill the little Summoned Facet to get the color. Keep an eye out for an open fragile bubbles so as soon as you get the aura on you run for a bubble but NOT one in a death ring. Then go for the light column stand till vortex takes it and kill. Rinse and repeat. Mobile is definitely your friend here. Once you get the mechanics it is actually pretty easy to do. Hope this helps. I had trouble my first time through but figured it the second time around.

Posted by: Charlotte Dod.9486

Charlotte Dod.9486

My game allowed me to kill the boss, and it started the cut scene. We didn’t hear any words in the cutscene, but looking at the log, the dialog stopped with:
After defeating the Malevolent Memory.
Marjory Delaqua: You’re okay!
Kasmeer Meade: What just happened? What was that?
Marjory Delaqua: Not sure. If I had to guess, I’d say it was part of the lair rising up to greet us.
Kasmeer Meade: Not much of a greeting if you ask me. Thanks for swooping in when you did, boss. We’d have been toast if not for you.
Marjory Delaqua: Mhmm. We weren’t sure we’d see you again, to be honest.
Mysterious Voice: You must pronise to protect it with your life. Will you?

We found ourselves trapped in the lair and tried jumping off a platform to our deaths. That took us to the beginning of the zone completely, trapping us. We had to map out. Now, we will have to start the quest over, again.

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

I am assuming you killed the Summoned Facet (little guy) and got the colored aura but then you ALSO have to get the Fragile bubble while you have the colored aura on and THEN run to the light to take out the vortex (stand till vortex takes the fragile debuff and one hit usually takes it down). Color of the aura and the light do have to match. I had one run where I got a different color so I waited that out and tried again when I got the next which had the right color.

The boss has two phases. One where the vortex spawns anywhere (unless it bugs into the wall) so all you have to do is run into the fragile bubble and then get to the vortex and stand till it takes it and one hit usually takes it out. Other phase is the light column with the vortex inside. For that phase you want to keep moving well away from the vortex because you don’t want the rings of death near that and kill the little Summoned Facet to get the color. Keep an eye out for an open fragile bubbles so as soon as you get the aura on you run for a bubble but NOT one in a death ring. Then go for the light column stand till vortex takes it and kill. Rinse and repeat. Mobile is definitely your friend here. Once you get the mechanics it is actually pretty easy to do. Hope this helps. I had trouble my first time through but figured it the second time around.

OMG THANK YOU. I guess I had the order of what to do/get wrong, finally got it.
Butterfly shoulders FTW!

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Posted by: WOOLA.2509

WOOLA.2509

whats wrong with your game? I tried to do the hidden arcana 3 times now and each time I finish it, the game freezes, I cant regroup, cant talk and finish the cut scene, no reward, no nothing. I also had trouble with the facet and the color fragile bubble, but I managed with them being in the same spot. It took me over an hour each time. This was earlier this week. How many times do I have to do the hidden arcana before I get credit for it?

Posted by: WOOLA.2509

WOOLA.2509

My game allowed me to kill the boss, and it started the cut scene. We didn’t hear any words in the cutscene, but looking at the log, the dialog stopped with:
After defeating the Malevolent Memory.
Marjory Delaqua: You’re okay!
Kasmeer Meade: What just happened? What was that?
Marjory Delaqua: Not sure. If I had to guess, I’d say it was part of the lair rising up to greet us.
Kasmeer Meade: Not much of a greeting if you ask me. Thanks for swooping in when you did, boss. We’d have been toast if not for you.
Marjory Delaqua: Mhmm. We weren’t sure we’d see you again, to be honest.
Mysterious Voice: You must pronise to protect it with your life. Will you?

We found ourselves trapped in the lair and tried jumping off a platform to our deaths. That took us to the beginning of the zone completely, trapping us. We had to map out. Now, we will have to start the quest over, again.

same thing happen to me, but the game just froze. the screen went black and said I lose connection wait a few moments and reconnect to continue. 3 times ANET whats up.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Exactly this. For some reason, after I get my shield buff, trying to hustle the Fragile debuff to the vortex crystal just gets me shoved back.

I am a lot of things right now, and none of them happy or good. Severely disappointed.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Well, look on the bright side.
Sure, it’s a game-breaking bug on a piece of content that they’ve had three and a half months to polish and make sure that it works. But there’s a dev who acknowledged the problem almost immediately, so it should be resolved pretty quickly.
Or put on the back-burner in lieu of a patch to fix some shadows going the wrong direction, that works too.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Doing it the second time now, bugged both times. No new vortex’ appear. So, no new content for 2 months, then when it finally comes out it’s bugged? Nice. Don’t they have game testers or something..?

I got through fine the first time. Second time I ran it, I had this bug – the first crystal appeared fine, and the crystals that spawn in the colour fields spawned fine for those phases (thankfully). Otherwise… well, fortunately it turns out that summons can damage it:

Attachments:

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Posted by: sileri.6984

sileri.6984

Beldin’s screencap shows what I have too. I can kill the summoned facet, get green attunement, pick up the green buff, and grab the fragile buff. The vertex crystal is standing in the green light and all I do is bounce off of it. I’ve tried Renewed Focus, Judge’s Intervention, and Leap of Faith to get on top of it and I still couldn’t get it to take Fragile from me.

I’ve made 3 attempts at this instance so far and it’s been bugged every time.

Beldin.5498

Are you sure that you have the correct color buff and the barrier around the vortex matches that color? Did you still have the color buff when you reached the vortex as it does wear off.

There was no other color than GREEN available in my instance. So i always got a
GREEN buff and always was knocked back when i wanted to go to the vortex that
was in the GREEN field.

Also as soon as the green buff wears of, i was able to get into the green field again
however then the fragile was also off.

So maybe i had first get the green buff, wait until it was nearly worn off, get the fragile
then, and try to kill it when the green buff went down but i had still the fragil ?
However i think that the red rings of death then instantly would have killed me.

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

The problem with the crystal spawning inside the color buff is easily fixed. Instead of grabbing the green buff, get the shield, grab the fragility, get bounced out, grab the green buff -and- the fragility, then run to the crystal. You’ll get the shield and transfer the fragility to the crystal, letting you proceed.

This problem is fixed just by switching the orders you get the buffs around that I wonder if it was intentionally done.

The problem with the crystals spawning inside the wall, not so much.

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

During the final encounter, I killed 2 vortex crystals, then ran around not finding a new one… till I noticed that there was a blue circular light spot flashing on and off on the wall, like you get when a vortex crystal is absorbing buffs/can be made fragile. Got as close to it as possible, but could not get the fragile buff on it, too deep in the wall or too high, take your pick. Had to abort the instance.

Posted by: atoms.1958

atoms.1958

Same thing happened to me. This part of the story is way to tedious to keep doing to hope that the boss wont bug out. I’ll wait until it’s fixed to even try and go back to the story.

In addition to the crystal being on the other side of the wall, the boss went back up to full health after I died, when he was just at <10% before it killed me. At that point I just quit.

Attachments:

Beldin.5498

Same thing happened to me. This part of the story is way to tedious to keep doing to hope that the boss wont bug out. I’ll wait until it’s fixed to even try and go back to the story.

In addition to the crystal being on the other side of the wall, the boss went back up to full health after I died, when he was just at <10% before it killed me. At that point I just quit.

Good thing is that i’m mainly interestet in the light carapace chest, so that i don’t
really have to try it again .. and even if i want the shoulders i think i’d rather grind
1000 bandit crests than trying this again .. at least not before i’m 100% sure that
its fixed.

Posted by: RedRhino.4281

RedRhino.4281

Same thing happened to me. I gave up on it. Don’t they do any testing at all?

(edited by RedRhino.4281)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s so weird how often that’s happening. I did it six times (twice on my main, for completion and achievements, and then once on four more characters), and I didn’t have this problem happen a single time.

Posted by: Kriknav.9268

Kriknav.9268

Just happened again to me. About half-way through the Vortex spawned in the wall (though I didn’t realize for a while, thought they just stopped spawning). Determined to get the achievement, I decided to just kill the boss with normal attacks (very slowly since I only critted for like 40-70 dmg). Once I got him to 25% he teleported to the middle and a vortex spawned in a colored light column and after I used that one, again, no more vortexes spawned. So I ended up doing the last half of the boss extremely slowly with normal attacks. It worked, though, I killed him and got my achievement.

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

In the story mission Hidden Arcana, at the boss fight (were you meet up with Majory and Kasmeer) one of the Vortex Crystals spawned inside the wall, making it impossible to kill the boss.

The same thing happened to me and 2 friends Thursday evening CST (11/13).

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

The same thing happened to me and 2 friends Thursday evening CST (11/13).

Encountered this just now. Will wait till it gets fixed. Maybe. I was one crystal away from finishing and it just HAD to spawn there.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: procyon.2593

procyon.2593

well I’m on my fourth try and Im sick of being knocked thru the floor by those rebound things and the game quitting each time I fall. Why dont you have checkpoints and RESTARTS AT THOSE CHECKPOINTS WITHIN THE MISSION if we get kikked? Its gotten old fast, it takes forever to kill even the small enemies (honestly its like firing blank or balled ended shots with my lvl 80 ranger at them). And theyre all Op. Some proper QA please. It’s not hard to ask for.

Fantaisie Héroïque (verba volant, scripta manent)