Hidden Thief is simply broken.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

So, Anet … I first want to state how much I love that you don’t care about your jobs, the quality of the game, especially in terms of balance when it comes to PvP and thieves. You’d rather listen to cryhards on the forums than fix issues that make traits completely worthless.

Not that you’re reading any of this or the thief forums, but now Hidden Thief pretends it’s got Blinding Powder functionality, except the funny thing is that it does not blind your target on steal and acts as a blast finisher which for the most part is worthless, all while giving an already overlooked / rarely used trait a 40 second ICD before it will stealth you again on steal.

Since you obviously don’t play your game and play test your garbage patches before releasing it I’ll spell it out for you. This means it does not have synergy with mug, improvisation, bountiful theft and sleight of hand or bewildering ambush because you’re gimping yourself a trait on steal if you don’t wait 40 seconds between steals.

And in the chance you don’t intrinsically understand thieves and cooldowns, let alone your own game and how it works, waiting to steal, especially in a pvp situation where you rely on mug and other effects from steal, is extremely ineffective. (Especially given power creep changes -.-)

TL:DR – Hidden Thief has a magical 40 second ICD for additional effects that don’t even benefit steal anyway. This ruins Hidden Thief, it sucks now, it is garbage-tier trait level thanks to this. Try playing your game and play testing your trash before you release it for once, please? Not even sure if it’s still fixed with mug + hidden thief, but this on it’s own also destroys the trait. GREAT job as ALWAYS!

Also how about hiring devs who actually care about the game / class they’re tweaking?

(edited by Jesiah.2457)

Posted by: TommyBoom.6278

TommyBoom.6278

I must agree with the word above. Does not work correctly spell “steal” with the ability to “hidden thief” and “Mug” , after using it immediately stops the effect of invisibility.

Can you fix it soon?

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Soon^tm.colin.gif

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Posted by: Blackfish.7349

Blackfish.7349

Bump! Thx Anet for fixing the other stealth issues but the one mentioned in this thread is still there, hidden thief + mug = intant revealed when you steal.

Blackfish.7349

Nobody else is concerned about this issue?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Also, whether this is just a tooltip error or not, Shadow Refuge is adding 1 less second of stealth per pulse than listed on tooltip. Maybe just a tooltip error, but it’s there and I’m just getting it out there for awareness.

It is -1, +3 each pulse except the first so that is not an error. With the trait is is -1, +4. Just checked it in game. There doesn’t seem to be any problem with this part.

As for the trait combination, it is not inherently a problem. Someone might even take them together along with Revealed Training.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: Naub.1475

Naub.1475

Since the patch I’m facing the same problems as the OP:
The trait combination “Mug” (Deal damage and gain life when stealing) + “Hidden Thief” (Stealing grants you stealth) no longer works properly for me, neither in nor out of combat.
When I start a fight with steal I mostly (not always!) get the stealth buff, but if I use steal in combat I always get the revealed debuff even when I use steal on a target which I’m not fighting with at the moment.

Mordecay Lataya [Zoi] | Thief | Ring of Fire

Jesiah.2457

Also, whether this is just a tooltip error or not, Shadow Refuge is adding 1 less second of stealth per pulse than listed on tooltip. Maybe just a tooltip error, but it’s there and I’m just getting it out there for awareness.

It is -1, +3 each pulse except the first so that is not an error. With the trait is is -1, +4. Just checked it in game. There doesn’t seem to be any problem with this part.

As for the trait combination, it is not inherently a problem. Someone might even take them together along with Revealed Training.

I appreciate the information but I actually had to explain the same thing to someone about leap / blast finishers in a smoke field, being 3 seconds added, but it starts at 2 when you count to 3, 0 being the last second.

What’s strange though, is I was seeing a tooltip error last night, but I’m not today. So I suppose the part about Shadow Refuge is resolved? I didn’t see a patch, but I wasn’t paying attention when I logged in. I’m being honest though, I saw a 4 second stealth duration per pulse without shadow arts and with, it went up to 5, which was a really misleading (not to mention OP) tooltip.

Hidden Teef + Mug however, still broken. Really hurts my playstyle without it, but I have other builds I can use, they’re just less … effective feeling, I guess. At least the game is playable for stealthies right now. ^^

Posted by: Knox.3126

Knox.3126

Hidden Thief + Mug has been broken before. last time it took from what i can remember 2 to 3 mouths to fix. really hope this is not the case this time around. I say we try and keep this post on the first page, as to make sure its seen

Blackfish.7349

Bump! Still broken

Jesiah.2457

Aye, it is indeed still broken. My build feels less fluid without this setup. I have a build I can use without it … but meh … I have to sacrifice poison and confusion on steal for some passive condi clear + regeneration and health which I really don’t need.

Just throwing my thoughts in there because I’d love a fix. The build isn’t overpowered, but at least I find it fun to play. Some builds counter it, so it feels fair honestly. Bah!

Blackfish.7349

Bump! Anet pls fix it!

Blackfish.7349

Bump! Pls don’t make us wait 2 months like the last time!

Jesiah.2457

Still broked >:

Posted by: Jaggy.8709

Jaggy.8709

Yeah I have also experienced these issues with mug and hidden thief

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

This isn’t anything new, so chain bumping it won’t get it fixed… They aren’t going to work on a trait combo that has never worked, this late in the game, when Hidden thief is going away soon completely.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mug

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

TommyBoom.6278

This isn’t anything new, so chain bumping it won’t get it fixed… They aren’t going to work on a trait combo that has never worked, this late in the game, when Hidden thief is going away soon completely.

Why then is a combo worked to update May 19? and why it was not recorded in the bugs of the game? let them just go back to work these skills as it was before!!!!!!

Posted by: athena.6195

athena.6195

Yeah the Hidden Thief+Mug doesn’t work and cause my build a lot of trouble, please fix it soon Anet.
Edit: Still not working.

(edited by athena.6195)

Jesiah.2457

Actually, prior to the patch in which Anet completely messed up Stealth, Mug & Hidden thief worked perfectly fine together. Also, for your information, Hidden thief is being combined with Descent of Shadows with coming trait changes, so it’s actually getting buffed, not removed.

The combo will still exist, and just because you haven’t tried it doesn’t mean it wasn’t working before. It’s just had a bad history of off and on being broken and or working. There are those of us who enjoy that combination of traits and can make them work well together.

Also, chain bumping rather than saying nothing at all actually will help awareness of the issue in hopes of getting it resolved / back to normal hopefully sooner rather than later and or never. So while I can understand the frustration with Arenanet and leaving things broken for considerable amounts of time, the game seems to be having an epidemic of bugs to be worked out with the latest patches.

Last of all, thanks for the bump. ^^

Posted by: Vooriden.3927

Vooriden.3927

Dont believe all what it said in the wiki, if you haven’t played a thief with this combo traits you’ll never know if it has been working or not.
I used this combo trait since I started playing thief on gw2, always been working, broke only 1 times before due to a patch, this is the second time.

Steal seems to work from time to time now but it’s not stable, sometimes I’m hidden other times I get revealed, Anet should fix this soon !

Knox.3126

For the nah sayers that are saying this never worked. here is a link to the last update page on wiki to when it was fixed last time it broke http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2014-09-09

look at thief changes
Shadow Arts Hidden Thief: Fixed a bug that caused the stealth from this trait to be applied before the attack from Mug, causing this trait combination to always reveal the thief.

Blackfish.7349

Bump! Bump!15char

TommyBoom.6278

Why administrators ignore our messages in this thread?

Knox.3126

well its a 3 day weekend, i’m sure they are off work. so lets hope for a fix to come next week

Vooriden.3927

I hope it won’t take 2 months like last time

Jesiah.2457

Who knows? Maybe we’ll be fortunate in that aspect this time.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

well its a 3 day weekend, i’m sure they are off work. so lets hope for a fix to come next week

Yea, they dont post anything on the weekend, and honestly they dont have to post anything at all. They do read these forums even if they never say anything in a given thread.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Daunt.8239

Daunt.8239

!STILL NOT WORKING!

Blackfish.7349

BumpBump! /15charrr

Blackfish.7349

Bumpbump, /15charr

Blackfish.7349

Bumpbump /15charr

Jesiah.2457

Bumping as well. Please Anet, some of your teefs need this~

Vooriden.3927

Need it badly !
I even tried in the Beta, and not even working there !
The trait combinaison will be available also in HoT so please do not launch the extension without this thing working for love’s sake !

Jesiah.2457

I’m guessing, and hopefully wrong here, that since this isn’t a serious bug, it’s going to be a while before it’s fixed. :/

Kittens!

(edited by Jesiah.2457)

Blackfish.7349

The same issue got fixed after some months the last time it happened so..this time is not a matter of finding the error and repairing it, its just copying the solution adopted the last time it got broken. It should take no time to fix so I expect to get it fixed soon.

Posted by: Daunt.8239

Daunt.8239

Still not working………………………………………………………………………

Jesiah.2457

Bumping again for good measure.

Blackfish.7349

Bumpbump /15charr

Blackfish.7349

Bumpbump /15charr

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Its a weekend by the way, you can take a break from bumping on weekends, they dont work on weekends.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Blackfish.7349

Bumpbump /15charr

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Yeah, I noticed this, too.

Jesiah.2457

Yeah, it’s some serious suck. I’m really hoping when they patch stronghold in for another test session that they bring a fix for this as well … pls Anet T_T …

Jesiah.2457

Nope, guess not, haha. Well, hopefully hidden thief & mug will be fixed when HoT is released XP

Blackfish.7349

BumpBump /15charr

Blackfish.7349

Bumpbump /15charr

Posted by: CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

Sure would be nice if a core mechanic of the profession actually worked correctly…

…meanwhile losing fights I should not lose. T_T

Please fix aNet? Soon maybe?

Jesiah.2457

Bumping so this can be ignored for a couple more months.

Posted by: Moxx.7236

Moxx.7236

Bump. I’ve been noticing this alot as well, it doesnt happen every time. It happens when you combo moves right as you steal, even moves that wouldn’t normally knock you out of stealth. Steal then weapon swap immediately after, and it’ll knock you out of stealth. for some reason it’s doing it even with heals for me as well, it basically screwed my whole playstyle up since I micromanage between skills lol. GG

Blackfish.7349

Bumpbump /15charr