in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Yep, I was all excited … but of course, not fixed. ^^

Hidden Thief is simply broken.

Jesiah.2457

Bumpity Bump even though it’s no use because Arenanet either doesn’t care or is too incompetent to fix this bug. Might explain why it keeps breaking.

Posted by: Daunt.8239

Daunt.8239

Still broken! ……………fix it please

Posted by: Kayluh.1397

Kayluh.1397

FIX PLEASE!!!!! Very much still broken X.X It’s been EXACTLY 29 days!!!!!

Jesiah.2457

I bet it will still be broken after the patch.

Posted by: Stratos.9375

Stratos.9375

I traited for Mug and Stealth and it worked just fine using the PvP weight golems, and the profession bots. Is there anything I’m missing?

Jesiah.2457

Keep trying until it just auto reveals you. Sometimes it doesn’t, but it definitely will if you do it enough.

I tried it just now until it revealed me, and until it doesn’t reveal me at all, I’m not going to continue using it. :/

I use Bewildering Ambush with it, but I doubt that’s the source of the problem as it does not apply immediate damage. Something in the way it’s coded causes it to reveal every now and then, not sure why. Really sucks though.

Edit: Tried sleight of hand too, same thing. Sometimes it still just auto reveals.

(edited by Jesiah.2457)

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Wait… is it MORE broken that usual? I mean, these traits have NEVER worked together the way people think they should. Ever since the game was released, Hidden Thief would stealth you at the spot you were standing on when you hit the F1 button, NOT when you actually land your steal on an enemy. Mug, of course, does damage, and so if you land Mug while you’re in stealth, stealth will be broken. It’s always been like this. Was it actually fixed for a short time?

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Jesiah.2457

Yes it was fixed for a period of time … off and on even … :l

Jesiah.2457

So it seems it was meshed with blinding powder, however that puts Hidden Thief on an unlisted ICD of 40 seconds which quite honestly sucks considering the compensation for that is a blind effect on target (that doesn’t seem to happen) plus a blast finisher on steal, which the blast finisher could be a nice yet very niche bonus but really … with an ICD far higher than even an untraited steal, that just sucks.

Overall it makes Hidden Thief worth effectively a lot less than it already was due to that. I have already died so many times in fights because I tried to use stealth openers from SB only to realize I never stealthed, healed a bit, removed a condi, and did not immobilize my target, thus getting completely rekt while I had to realize what was going on.

Please Anet … please … -.-

(edited by Jesiah.2457)

Jesiah.2457

They don’t honestly care … Anet, you suck at what you do, end of story. You can’t fix anything in a timely manner, your vision of balance is absolute garbage and you are unaware you’re stuck inside a box, thus defeating the ability to “think outside the box”

On top of the fact you lazy twits who clearly lack passion for your jobs don’t understand the game’s balance because you suck at your own game.

Hands down, I’ve NEVER faced an Anet employee that was ever anything compared to the top players in this game. Explains a lot, it really does.

You are nothing but a stark disappointment EVERY time a patch rolls around. You make me enjoy the game less and less, and now yet again, another one of my builds is completely invalidated through both your incompetence in coding but also your crap-level of game balance as well as the ever slimming “build diversity” you IDIOTS preached about in the past.

Suck more if even possible. It might actually be world record at this point.

Jesiah.2457

Bumping so this garbage can be ignored for months.

Posted by: Naub.1475

Naub.1475

It’s fixed!
Just tried it in WvW and everything is working fine.
Thank you for fixing it Anet

Mordecay Lataya [Zoi] | Thief | Ring of Fire