Hint Completion achievement broken [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: zerofill.1980

zerofill.1980

I also have 82/83.
Where can I check which one is missing? (If it is missing indeed and not just bugged.)

I don’t think there is one missing, it is just bugged. In my case, I needed one more hint (to use a trebuchet) and the Achievement panel showed 82/83. I then got the hint while using a trebuchet and the panel still showed 82/83 despite all the entries in the Hint panel having a checkmark beside them.

Posted by: calankh.3248

calankh.3248

the handy new achievement panel pulled this one to the top of my pile as ‘almost completed’. it seems I need to get the F player kill hint (finishing opponents). however I already went through the mists tutorial and I can’t figure out how to access it again. Is there anywhere else for this hint to pop up? I don’t play pvp but I have gotten the finisher dialogue in wvw. Would playing a pvp match (and having someone be downed) make this hint pop?

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

You might try making a new character, take it to the Mists after the “tutorial” storyline mission, and see if you can get the PvP tutorial then.

Also, the achievement in question (including achievement point awards, its status in the Hero panel, and in the watch list) does not seem to update immediately, but rather on a map change or possibly load screen. I, too, had only the trebuchet hint to unlock, so I did some reading, went to the Mists lobby, found the catapult there and used it. Saw the hint, closed it… nothing changed in my watch list. Nor did it in my hero panel. Pondered it for a while, figured “oh well, the game’ll most likely realize it eventually”, and went back to Lion’s Arch. Then it read as 100% both on the watch list and the hero panel.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

Posted by: Filosophi.7251

Filosophi.7251

This was mildly annoying before this most recent patch, and now it’s beyond cumbersome. It’s a constant reminder EVERY TIME I open my achievement panel I’m at 82/83 hints. I’m missing the full mailbox one. My guild spammed me mail to no avail.

Just another annoying thing about this game. It’s all seriously starting to add up to I am just losing any desire to play this game anymore.

It’s never one big problem, it’s always a multitude of minor problems that make the game aggravating to play…

I’m, also stuck at 37/38 diving places. I’ve gone through all of them twice in the past few days, even the annoying new jump puzzle dive. And nothing…

EDIT: I created a new character, went through the annoying intros and emails, then deleted the new emails I got from the new character creation and it popped up. But only after deleting the new intro emails first. Hope that helps anyone. Now if I can figure out the stupid diving

(edited by Filosophi.7251)

Posted by: calankh.3248

calankh.3248

Sadly I have no open character slots and no characters I’m willing to delete on the chance it would work. Though I’m pretty sure I only went through the pvp intro with my first character, I don’t think I had the option to do it with more.

If anyone does have a spare character slot and feels like testing it for me, I’d love to hear if it works. If it does I’ll find someone to remake, I guess.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I also have 82/83.
Where can I check which one is missing? (If it is missing indeed and not just bugged.)

I have no idea why I got since yesterday 83/83. O.o

Posted by: Giggos.1978

Giggos.1978

Also have 82/83 even though everything has a little V infront of it.

Posted by: Blacktorn.3197

Blacktorn.3197

82/83 same /10 char

Posted by: Ace.1726

Ace.1726

Would be nice to have this looked at.

Posted by: poebel.4780

poebel.4780

If anyone does have a spare character slot and feels like testing it for me, I’d love to hear if it works. If it does I’ll find someone to remake, I guess.

You can not redo the PvP tutorial with a new character, but you can reenter the tutorial island with any existing character. Just talk to the npc named “Master of Travel” direct behind you after entering PvP.

(You could not redo any of the tutorial quests, but you can try if you get the hint again, good luck)

Posted by: Necrolust.6358

Necrolust.6358

I’m stuck on 81/83, and claims I’m missing to take up a crafting profession, even though I maxed out quite a few.

Laurels also shows up as incomplete. I have several to prove it wrong. :p

As does the full mail one, which I see lots of others are having problems with as well. Now this one I wasn’t not sure about, so I did it just to be sure. I have a screenie showing 11/10 mails now.

Please help

Dissident Aggressors [DA] @ SFR

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

82/83, full mail is checked but it didn’t give me the achievement when I did it.

Sigh. Story of my life.

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

Same problem here. My guild friends filled up my inbox. But it’s still at 82/83 hints.

EDIT: I created a new character, went through the annoying intros and emails, then deleted the new emails I got from the new character creation and it popped up. But only after deleting the new intro emails first. Hope that helps anyone. Now if I can figure out the stupid diving

Didn’t work for me

Attachments:

(edited by NathanH.1465)

Posted by: Ayadori.6304

Ayadori.6304

All hints checked, but achievement panel shows 82/83 – what is going on?

Posted by: Ayadori.6304

Ayadori.6304

OK – in 10 minutes after I posted here and browsed the forums, I went back to the game and it now shows 83/83 and I have the achievement.

Weird, but my frustration is over and I even feel a tingling of happiness.

Posted by: Kill Momma.6127

Kill Momma.6127

Is Anet gonna do anything about this? Im in the same boat and OP was 9 months ago…

HOD [PHZE]
Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Good when you make love with it. Bad when you make crack.

Posted by: Gilgamesh.5401

Gilgamesh.5401

So I recently came across this bug with the laurel portion of it…earned and spent several laurels yet still no completion.

I was just in Lion’s arch (Blackgate) and asked in /map chat this and got a few people still saying that can’t complete this…Anet cmon how is this still a problem

Posted by: cybermaohi.4310

cybermaohi.4310

82/83 and everything done …

the only thing left was ther PvP trebuchet … just figured out there were trbs in the Mists and just fired one after the hint popped up …. then everything is now checked …

still NO hint completion reward …

do something … wether you delete OR give this achievement for everyone but do something …

Posted by: Andalamar.4201

Andalamar.4201

Bump. Although the Hint completion achievement is correctly keeping track of my progress, one Hint stubbornly refuses to complete itself, which is Ranger Pet Swap (F4).

I have tried to do it all the possible ways, by having different pet types, another one than the default pet, etc.

Remember that there is a difference between the majority of players and the loudest players.
-Hawcinn/Barborin

Posted by: Slartibartfast.5416

Slartibartfast.5416

I have 2 achievements that it says I don’t have… Laurels (I’ve got over 200) and Achievement Chests (I must have over 100 of those, too). They’re not checked. And I’m sitting at 82/83.

I bind all of my keys to Gravedigger and rapidly roll my face across the keyboard while screaming
“I am teh Leetness!” at the top of my lungs, while rubbing baby oil all over myself.

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

82/83 here, too. Everything is checked under hints itself, but the achievement is stuck at 82/83.

I did not see a hint popup box for the following hints:
- Ranger Pet Charm
- Ranger Pet Controls
- Ranger Pet Panel
- Engineer Tool Belt

I just did them a today quickly in a row with fresh rolled characters. I saw that the hints icon shortly flashed on doing the activities to get them counted.

Mailbox problem: I actually got a hint when the mailbox was full. So it is not this one. Also Ranger F4 worked fine (send pet to attack and let it die)

EDIT: Hint achievement now show completed in the achievement panel about 30 minutes later. It never shows me a popup on the right edge of the screen that the achievement was completed.

(edited by WilliamDaBloody.2591)

Posted by: Lianesse Modief.2683

Lianesse Modief.2683

mail was full still did not get the completion. only other 2 hints I need are in PvP and since I don’t do PvP I will never get them. I do not like WvW or PvP. so I guess I will just not ever get that achievement.

Posted by: Vegas.5790

Vegas.5790

Yeah, I’m stuck at 82/83, ‘needing’ the PvP finisher. I’ve done it in sPvP, WvW, and the training area.

Why doesn’t Anet just make this an ‘automatic’ achievement a certain time after your account is created? (or… y’know… FIX THIS!)

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

idk why but i finished all 83 with no problem…..? maybe its on your end? i finished mine 2 days ago.

Posted by: WickedRhythm.2914

WickedRhythm.2914

If this issue is still open, I completed my last hint with a brand new elementalist and it didn’t immediately show 83/83. However, as soon as I finished the starting area (killing the earth beast…I was human) it showed as complete in the hero panel (did not get a fancy alert with it though).

Posted by: linwe.4236

linwe.4236

I’m having issues with the broken equipment hint. I’ve had broken gear multiple times on purpose but can’t get this hint to trigger. It’s getting frustrating seeing the hint achievement in my achievement summary page every day but unable to complete it.

Linwe ~ 80 Ranger | Clibni ~ 80 Guardian
Stormbluff Isle ~ Knights Templar

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

Same stuck on “Ranger Pet Swap” tried it on low hp, full hp etc etc and i’m still stuck, been at it for 45 minutes of constant swapping.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

Posted by: Atra Culpa.5012

Atra Culpa.5012

I’m on 82/83. I know which one I’m missing, because the Full Mailbox isn’t checked. Thing is, I’m at 10/10 in my mailbox, can’t receive any more mail, but the hint isn’t popping.

Posted by: Malimber.8973

Malimber.8973

I am having an issue with the hint achievement where it will not mark off that I have done the second hint for PvP (finishing off an opponent with the ‘F’ button). I have done this many times yet it still won’t check it off. I have checked the battle log on the side as I do it and it credits me with the finish so I don’t understand why it won’t show the hint as completed. Is this a bug or do I have to do this a certain number of times before it shows that it was completed?

Silent Hunter

Posted by: Zexi.7619

Zexi.7619

I think I figured it out, I had two hints that would not check off. Last night I did my daily and when the Laurel hint popped up I clicked the x instead of just clicking accept button. The hint checked off and I got credit. I also went back into the pvp tutorial and did this same thing for the pvp finish move. I got my 10 points. Hope this helps and you all get your 10 points.

Posted by: Lakland.8102

Lakland.8102

Is there a way to turn hints back on, to make them show when you get a hint that you previously turned off?

For example, I’m trying to get the Laurels hint done. I get them everyday and spend them, but never see the hint message pop up. I must have turned it off and it’s never updating the achievement

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Posted by: Lakland.8102

Lakland.8102

So I recently came across this bug with the laurel portion of it…earned and spent several laurels yet still no completion.

I was just in Lion’s arch (Blackgate) and asked in /map chat this and got a few people still saying that can’t complete this…Anet cmon how is this still a problem

Same here….still

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

10 months later and still not looked at or fixed.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I am having an issue with the hint achievement where it will not mark off that I have done the second hint for PvP (finishing off an opponent with the ‘F’ button). I have done this many times yet it still won’t check it off. I have checked the battle log on the side as I do it and it credits me with the finish so I don’t understand why it won’t show the hint as completed. Is this a bug or do I have to do this a certain number of times before it shows that it was completed?

Try to perform a finishing move in the training grounds. That might trigger it.
I think that is how I ticked mine off as I have never taken part in PvP.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’m on 82/83. I know which one I’m missing, because the Full Mailbox isn’t checked. Thing is, I’m at 10/10 in my mailbox, can’t receive any more mail, but the hint isn’t popping.

Make sure they are player mails and not game-sent mails. Game mails do not count toward the completion, but they do count in keeping new mail from being delivered. Try to delete any game mails and then ask some players to send you mails to fill your box. This should solve it.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Damali.1298

Damali.1298

I’ve had this issue for quite a while now. I have everything checked off except the “Laurel” hint and the “Mail” hint. I’ve had 10/10 in my mailbox for a while now and I’ve had guildmates spam me with mail to no avail. This is all I need for that achievement to be complete and I’m sure it wouldn’t bother me as much if I didn’t get a reminder of it on my summary list every time I take a peek =/

Posted by: Cyrinadia.9108

Cyrinadia.9108

I got my mail one through kindly guildies. The box filled up, then I deleted one and got the achieve. I am stuck on the ‘PvP Returning to Lobby’ achieve though. I have gone into the Heart of the Mists, then used the PvP panel to exit again… Do I actually need to be in a tourney first or what?

Posted by: Corran.7536

Corran.7536

I’m in the same boat as many of you. Got the full mail one but am missing:
Weapon Swaping
Elite Skill
Trait Points
Skill Points and Utility Skills
Second and Final Utility Skill Slots
And I know I’ve seen them
Stuck at 82/83

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I rolled a thief to get the steal hint, but it won’t hint me. How is that triggered. My hint count seems accurate however.

Posted by: Rafeno.9673

Rafeno.9673

still broken, all check marks shown, 82/83.

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

I’m at 82/83 as well…even worse is I have no clue what I need…there seems to be no checklist like int he old system. If I’m just missing it please help me out.

Posted by: SLOTH.5231

SLOTH.5231

I’m at 82/83 as well…even worse is I have no clue what I need…there seems to be no checklist like int he old system. If I’m just missing it please help me out.

Edit: Emptied all Mail, and had random people spam my mailbox till it filled up and bam completed!!

(edited by SLOTH.5231)

Posted by: regolith.6902

regolith.6902

So I have 82/83, it says i’m missing the ranger pet swap, which is lame because i just rolled a ranger, found a second pet, and swapped. no dice. anyone have a solution?

Posted by: Dagon.5634

Dagon.5634

My Hero hint pvp archivment not complete even after killing an opponent using the F key in pvp tournaments in the Heart the Mists. Progress this stopped in 82/83. I need help please.

Posted by: Evilgamer.3964

Evilgamer.3964

I can’t seem to get this one to trigger

“PvP Joining Games
Join a PvP game by talking to the PvP Browser NPC, or join tournaments through the Tournament Master. "

I’ve tried talking to the pvp browser, the tournament master, joining games, creating a new character and joining games, nothing is triggering this hint. Any suggestions?

I wouldn’t even care about this, but this stupid hint achievement is stuck on my ‘almost complete’ list, which is a handy reference for tackling achievements.

edit: This achievement is so bugged. I got the Thief steal hint, then started an Engy to get the last class hint. What happened? I got credit for Engy kit tip, no credit for Thief steal hint, despite never recieving the Engy kit tip. ???

(edited by Evilgamer.3964)

Posted by: Mechaplatypus.8930

Mechaplatypus.8930

I can’t get the thief one to trigger, where you have to use the thief steal skill. I’ve been trying everything. Using it, instantly using it again to use the skill. Not using it again, waiting a bit, then using it again. Using it on the same enemy, switching enemies. Aggravating the enemy first, or not. I’ve restarted the game and tried again, just can’t seem to get the hint to trigger…

Posted by: actarus.8319

actarus.8319

I have 81/83, I can’t get the necromancer and elementalist hint achievements, I have tried so many time today…

Posted by: Privileged.7328

Privileged.7328

I stuck at 82/83. The “Supply” WvW hint is missing. Don’t know what to do, tried to do some WvW with new characters, I tried to do everything possible with supplies but still nothing. Did anyone have problem with same hint? I’d love to get some clues.

Posted by: dalailamer.7291

dalailamer.7291

I had same problem and i foud a workaround:

- Get your mailbox full
- Log out and create a new character

hope this helps

Posted by: allire.3984

allire.3984

I still have this problem too.
As for creating new character, I have no slots available, and I really don’t want to buy one just to get rid of the bug.

This one feels like a flower!..

(edited by allire.3984)