HoM achis after creating a character?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Eastrider.7391

Eastrider.7391

I just started a new character (Charr engineer, attached options), and when the lv1 story finished, I received almost all the achievements of the GW1 HOM. I already had some, but I don’t know how many (I think I had 9 points). I also got like 400 extra achi points out of it, and unlocked my 10.500 achi chest…

Is this a common issue? Can this be reverted? I’d like to be able to achieve the stuff using my GW1 account, which I bought after GW2 specifically for this.

Attached my selected options.

Attachments:

Posted by: littlemscupcakez.2183

littlemscupcakez.2183

A lot of us are having this issue.

Attachments:

Posted by: Eastrider.7391

Eastrider.7391

Is there any word about if they’re able to roll this back?

Posted by: ntx.2976

ntx.2976

Got this too :c

SBI

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I can confirm this bug. Got the extra 50 AP and the GWAMM title (which I didn’t have before). May want to fix this.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Raklorr.6872

Raklorr.6872

Likewise, just posted in another thread about it.

My guildies are pretty unaware of it, a few in map chat have caught on.

Hoping it all gets sorted out.

Posted by: Creatos Zel Ael.1936

Creatos Zel Ael.1936

Same here :/ i dont know what to do now cause if i play and there is a rollback everything i do would be pointless….and there is also the issue of trying to revert the changes…i hope they dont start banning people because of this bug and blame the players who didnt know this was going on :/

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

They aren’t going to do a rollback. Title, skin, and achievement point bugs can be fixed without that.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is a pretty huge issue. This title is a huge deal to the people who put an enormous amount of time and effort into getting it. Having new characters auto award this is really bad.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Lytalm.5673

Lytalm.5673

My friends with no HoM points or small amount (less then 20) have gotten it. I have 46 points and I gained nothing. This is kinda upsetting that they get GWAMM easy like that : /

Les Pirates du Styx [xQcx]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Zumaht.8076

Zumaht.8076

Gives a bunch of achievements. Logged in and got achievement box when i was not very close to it

Posted by: acey.6142

acey.6142

Did you ever choose to read the other threads? Everyone knows about this bug already

Aceskyy- 80 Ranger Cmd- 80 Warrior Cmd- 80 Engineer
Guilds affiliations – Imtl, CoS, HIGH, & DOLO
Ehmry Bay Raider with unicorn bow!

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Ik there’re alot of posts about this already, but what strikes me is that there isn’t an official response and merging posts taking action atm after so many hours of serious bug.

Posted by: TheHaldir.6598

TheHaldir.6598

I had 10 points before today but I was making a elementalist when patch was first released and nothing happened. Logged in later after a break and they all came through – Kinda sad cause I wanted to earn it playing GW1.

Also will we be banned if this happened to our account or will they just be rolled back?

Dragonbrand
Intrinsic Quality – iQ
TheHaldir – Empress Haldir

Posted by: Zumaht.8076

Zumaht.8076

Had 15 points, now I am at 39

Posted by: mimijimi.8537

mimijimi.8537

Ik there’re alot of posts about this already, but what strikes me is that there isn’t an official response and merging posts taking action atm after so many hours of serious bug.

so far they’ve only responded to the vender bug issue

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

I have GW1 linked, I don’t like exploits so I am going to avoid this. It’s very possible to do a rollback, at least a partial one, just recalculating the points in GW1 account and resending data to GW2. The crash using stone is possible on purpose disabled by ArenaNet to prevent skin unlock.

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah this needs to be looked at ASAP. I think a partial rollback for just this component would be great. What they could even do is remove the achievement for everyone and then do a proper recalculation of it for all players so that only those with linked GWAMM accounts would get it again.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

Yea i also have this issue, made a char for ring storage and after i completed initial story this nonsence happened

Posted by: Fyrsey.3852

Fyrsey.3852

same issue, created an alt, and got whole bunch of ap from HoM. The thing is, I’ve never even played GW1. Stored the reward chest in the bank, don’t know what to do with this ><

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

I’m in two minds about this, I legit earned all the HoM items, but I hadn’t got GWAMM until I made a new alt. I can see how it annoys people who were there all the way to suddenly have this title about the most common thing in GW2. That said, I dropped an Abyss dye on my new alt, so I’m hoping any roll back will just be restricted to removing the title from people who should not have it (like me :P), but not removing EVERYTHING that happened since the patch went live, so i can keep the gold I made from selling that Abyss dye.

Posted by: Aesis.1978

Aesis.1978

Tested and can confirm this happened. Not that it matters since HOM is broken and can’t be accessed atm.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Oh, come on. I meant to roll a sylvari warrior today. So it’s waiting until this is fixed or risking a ban? Is there any official word on this? Can I just go ahead, possibly get achievements I never earned and just expect them to get the APs taken away again soon, plus whatever I may get for reaching a threshold?

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: nosinmiespada.2475

nosinmiespada.2475

Just now I’m reading about this bug and I’m very jelous. Never played GW1 but I really want these skins. I expect Anet fixes this issue soon (a partial roll back or creating a new section for achievements and deleting the old one HoM achievements) or, maybe, they could give me those points too… e___e Equal opportunities for everyone!

Posted by: littlemscupcakez.2183

littlemscupcakez.2183

Just now I’m reading about this bug and I’m very jelous. Never played GW1 but I really want these skins. I expect Anet fixes this issue soon (a partial roll back or creating a new section for achievements and deleting the old one HoM achievements) or, maybe, they could give me those points too… e___e Equal opportunities for everyone!

I’m agreeing with those on the rollback & I don’t feel comfortable with having gw1 achievements when I am so far from even earning any. Old gw players worked hard to have these just like I & many other’s in gw2 have worked hard to earn titles and achievements in the game. If they can rollback take these achievements etc I will be happy, because I want to earn them myself! this bug just make’s me feel like some kind of cheater even though I wasn’t aware of it until AFTER the tutorial on my new char.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Weeell, you can still buy the game and get those points
I myself still play every now and then. It’s not the most shiny MMO out there, but definitely worth playing.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Harrimur.7425

Harrimur.7425

Can someone of Anet please comment on that soon… I’d really like to hear how they are planning to fix this. Or if they will fix it at all.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I had just picked up several new character slots and am making and remaking characters in an attempt to get the name and appearance just right for a few new characters to re-explore the world using the new camera options. I haven’t encountered this issue (yet), but I would really hate to get it against my will and then get all of my exploration and leveling rolled back at a later time when they end up addressing the issue. I also really do not think I should have to not proceed with making my new character and put off enjoying the new camera options for fear of getting this bug and being rolled back and losing any progress I make on these characters and all my other characters, or even banned if they go that route.

I agree, also, that the lack of any kind of response on this matter is very frustrating and disappointing.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Rhuarc.6280

Rhuarc.6280

Guys you can go ahead and create your characters – the bug can’t be triggered any more since the last hotfix. No need to worry about it happening to you.

Posted by: Felblade.8701

Felblade.8701

Why is the HoM portal stone still crashing the game thought they of fixed that by now.

Rising Dusk.2408

I believe that this was fixed to disable those rewards, but they absolutely need to rollback the accounts that unjustifiably received these titles. Some people worked years to get those achievements, and to have them lose all prestige because of a bug like this is unacceptable.