HoM rewards gone when creating new character

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Every time I create a new character, HoM titles, AP and so on are gone from the whole account, and I’m forced to log into GW(1) and go to its HoM to restore them (and it’s not even instant).

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Hi, I’m having the same issue. I purchased HoT yesterday after the Fractals announcement, I linked my accounts, and I made a new character with the new slot I purchased.

As soon as I logged in, all my HoM achievements were gone and I received the GM letter saying that I got them accidentally.

This is obnoxious, especially because I no longer have GW1 installed on my computer. Please fix ANET.

Kidel.2057

I didn’t receive any letter, my problem is different. I never had the “GWAMM” title in the first place.

After the update my titles were fine, and they still are. Just when I make a new character all my AP and titles from HoM are removed and I need to relog into GW1 to get them back.

So if you want your legitimate titles, just go to the HoM in GW1.
The problem is that once you make a new GW2 character you may have to do that again.

Posted by: Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

Hey guys! We are tracking this. If you log back into an older character with the HOM achieves and back into your new character it should clear up. It does look scary!

Kidel.2057

Hey guys! We are tracking this. If you log back into an older character with the HOM achieves and back into your new character it should clear up. It does look scary!

Ty Lauren.
Unfortunately it worked the first time it happened, but not the second time.
Here is a screen from my lv 80 character (7910AP, but 8000 AP chest taken).
I had to log into GW1 and stay in the HoM for around 15 minutes to get 8k AP again.

Attachments:

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Ty Lauren.
Unfortunately it worked the first time it happened, but not the second time.
Here is a screen from my lv 80 character (7910AP, but 8000 AP chest taken).
I had to log into GW1 and stay in the HoM for around 15 minutes to get 8k AP again.

Did you try logging into an older character that was not in Heart of the Mists (or leaving Heart of the Mists)? Sometimes some weird things happen (or don’t happen as they should) if you’re in the PvP Lobby.

Kidel.2057

Yep, loggen with all my characters. Also GW2 account AP in the character selection screen was 7900ish until I relogged into GW1 HoM.

So yeah, basically making a new character and then deleting it made me lose 100+ AP for half an hour.

Posted by: Phibes.4128

Phibes.4128

I’m not creating a new character, e.g. for a key run, until I get confirmation that this bug is fixed. It took me forever to earn GWAMM and that associated AP. Not throwing it away.

Kidel.2057

I’m not creating a new character, e.g. for a key run, until I get confirmation that this bug is fixed. It took me forever to earn GWAMM and that associated AP. Not throwing it away.

I had created the character for the same reason. However I regained my points after a while logging back in GW1.
Logging into another GW2 character wasn’t enough (as shown in the screen I posted earlier), still it wasn’t a permanent situation.

Posted by: Berobad.4536

Berobad.4536

For me it was enough to restart the client, to get the HoM achievements back.
(Completely logging in and out)

Kidel.2057

For me it was enough to restart the client, to get the HoM achievements back.
(Completely logging in and out)

Of course, tried that multiple times while also logging into GW1.

No luck.

I had to stay in the GW1 HoM a lot to reset my AP.

Posted by: Slome.6819

Slome.6819

Had the same issue. Almost had a heart attack :P Luckily logging in with an older character worked for me.

Phibes.4128

I created a new character and immediately lost 550 AP along with receiving a rather offensive in-game email that my GWAMM title was issued by mistake. I visited HoM in GW1, then relogged onto GW2 main and got the 550 AP and the AP and title were restored. Screenshots below.

This problem must be corrected because honest recipients of hard-earned GWAMM title are being falsely accused of receiving it incorrectly. There are bugs and then there are bugs. Telling people who spent years acquiring GWAMM that their title was incorrectly issued and thus stripped is egregious.

That said, if the only way to handle the bug is to strip everyone of the GW1 AP and titles and requiring them to do something like visit their HoM, etc— ok — but, again, notifying people that you received the title in error is poor communication and makes loyal, old-time customers like myself rather upset.

Why didn’t you simply send out an email “We need you to confirm your title by visting your HoM .. or use language like may have been issued by mistake etc.”

False accusations are taken seriously by customers and are bad business.

Attachments:

Posted by: Vylins.3079

Vylins.3079

I created a new character and immediately lost 550 AP along with receiving a rather offensive in-game email that my GWAMM title was issued by mistake. I visited HoM in GW1, then relogged onto GW2 main and got the 550 AP and the AP and title were restored. Screenshots below.

This problem must be corrected because honest recipients of hard-earned GWAMM title are being falsely accused of receiving it incorrectly. There are bugs and then there are bugs. Telling people who spent years acquiring GWAMM that their title was incorrectly issued and thus stripped is egregious.

That said, if the only way to handle the bug is to strip everyone of the GW1 AP and titles and requiring them to do something like visit their HoM, etc— ok — but, again, notifying people that you received the title in error is poor communication and makes loyal, old-time customers like myself rather upset.

Why didn’t you simply send out an email “We need you to confirm your title by visting your HoM .. or use language like may have been issued by mistake etc.”

False accusations are taken seriously by customers and are bad business.

This 100% and then some.

Always remember to do what you love, without it you have nothing.

Posted by: Cloaven.5961

Cloaven.5961

This did not work for me, my older character also have lost their tittles.

I didn’t even have the hwamm tittle, but legend of the mists.

edit: visiting hom did the trick

(edited by Cloaven.5961)

Posted by: Lady Celtaine.3760

Lady Celtaine.3760

Yeah and where are my AP? This bug is a steaming pile. I’m so offended to have got this mail, I WAS gonna pre-order HoT, but now I think compensation might be in order. How about when you fix this you give all of us who got it in error a new title: “Bugged by bugs”? That might just endear me to you again.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

The team is looking into this on several levels. The work-around will work for some, but we recognize that it’s not a full answer for everyone. And in the meantime the team is going to fully correct the situation so no work-around is necessary.

If you received the in-game mail in error, please don’t be offended. If you could see this as proof of our intentions to protect the value and rarity of your earned title, that would be a good way to look at this.

Tl;dr: A fix is in the works. Our sincere apologies for this temporary situation. Our plan is to address this as quickly as possible. Thank you for your understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The team is looking into this on several levels. The work-around will work for some, but we recognize that it’s not a full answer for everyone. And in the meantime the team is going to fully correct the situation so no work-around is necessary.

If you received the in-game mail in error, please don’t be offended. If you could see this as proof of our intentions to protect the value and rarity of your earned title, that would be a good way to look at this.

Tl;dr: A fix is in the works. Our sincere apologies for this temporary situation. Our plan is to address this as quickly as possible. Thank you for your understanding.

I liked getting it, as I read it, I thought “But you are wrong.” I wish I could send a mail back saying “I think you might want to take another look at that.”

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

We have a fix for this bug ready and it will be included with the next game update. Until that time, please try using the workaround posted above by Gaile. If this workaround is not working for you, the fix in the next game update will hopefully solve the issue.

(edited by Mark Katzbach.9084)

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

The work around works initially, but as soon as you create another character it reverts back. Not sure I’m looking forward to the beta weekend if I am going to have to log in and out of GW1 to get my points back.

I wouldn’t be so narked with the whole process, but I never got the incorrectly GWAMM achievement and I never had the legit GWAMM achievement. Talk about being doubly punished!!!

Anx

Phibes.4128

Thanks much for prioritizing this problem. I see two Anet responses since my post yesterday so that tells me you’re definitely involved and working in it.

Posted by: neekaneeks.3865

neekaneeks.3865

Fix aside, that in-game mail is AWFUL! You reintroduced the HoM and I get an in-game mail that makes me sound like I’m a cheater. I logged in to do some dailies tonight and am left questioning why I just wasted my weekend on Factions and recently spent money on those full priced expansions. I’m probably not the only one who is more than ticked off by this. Why not just remove the mail while you work on a fix, instead of discouraging anyone and everyone who has (or had) dropped money to play your original games?

Posted by: Desiderius.7259

Desiderius.7259

Fix aside, that in-game mail is AWFUL! You reintroduced the HoM and I get an in-game mail that makes me sound like I’m a cheater. I logged in to do some dailies tonight and am left questioning why I just wasted my weekend on Factions and recently spent money on those full priced expansions. I’m probably not the only one who is more than ticked off by this. Why not just remove the mail while you work on a fix, instead of discouraging anyone and everyone who has (or had) dropped money to play your original games?

It’s just an ingame mail and not AWFUL it is quite FUNNY!

*take this bag of humor*

That you got the mail is a bug and it will be fixed with the next update... There people in this world... unbelievable.

Guardian / Ele / Thief / Mesmer
E Q U I N O X [EqnX] – Elona Reach [DE]

(edited by Desiderius.7259)

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

Same Problem here. Can’t even log into my GW 1 anymore….!

Posted by: neekaneeks.3865

neekaneeks.3865

It’s just an ingame mail and not AWFUL it is quite FUNNY!

take this bag of humor

That you got the mail is a bug and it will be fixed with the next update… There people in this world… unbelievable.

Hey Desiderius, you take it how you want to take it. I’m explaining to the people who matter, and are the only ones listening, that it sucks. It’s supposed to do a job for detecting cheaters? All-in-all the algorithm for detection must be off its rocker and I just spent money to find out its broken. So no, it was AWFUL~

It’s great you found it FUNNY. Have a good one!

Posted by: prinzesslife.4758

prinzesslife.4758

Until they confirm this has been fixed I won’t make a beta test character , so this whole beta test week-end seems like a total waste of time since alot of people will do exactly the same. The ingame mail is very AWFUL , I had 8 god walking and 50/50 in gw1, when GW2 ,came out alot of people were very disapointed about the reward we got and now they even take the achievment points away from us feels like a slap in the face and geting called a cheater although you genuinely earned it makes you feel sick.

Posted by: Bellando Mara.1285

Bellando Mara.1285

Ok i just got the heart attack of wooot but glad it has been issued after i logged back in on a older char everything was there again but it took a couple years of my life and got some more grey hairs.

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

Ok i just got the heart attack of wooot but glad it has been issued after i logged back in on a older char everything was there again but it took a couple years of my life and got some more grey hairs.

yep, hubby and I got an additional grey hairs as well. Hopefully it will be fixed next week after BWE.

Posted by: Convallaria.8469

Convallaria.8469

Same thing happened to me when I created a placeholder character this morning. I just about had a heart attack, because I KNEW I hadn’t been awarded erroneous points. I received a mail message notifying me that I had a Title-Issuing error and was down nearly 500 AP. I switched quickly to an older character as I was waiting for the forums to load and found my original AP was still intact. Then, I switched back to the placeholder character and all was good.

(edited by Convallaria.8469)

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

Got a mail that revoked my GWAMM title…earned it fair and square…looks like it’s only for the beta, but dang…I want it back!

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

same here… GWAMM and 50/50… hope this is just a bug.

Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

In my game-mail, both BETA and normal game-play. what is that on about? I earned it.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

They might have just sent it out in mass, as I got the message as well, but I only have 31/50 points, and I have never had access to the GWAMM title.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Posted by: Cyrael Pelingar.9650

Cyrael Pelingar.9650

I got that mail, and never even had GWAMM, not even as a bug. I think everyone got it.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s a bug. You can ignore it as they already know about it. It appears when you make a new char and the achieve points and titles come back when you log on to an older char.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: DamFiNo.2817

DamFiNo.2817

I also got that mail after creating a new Beta character and also have never had that title.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Got a mail that revoked my GWAMM title…earned it fair and square…looks like it’s only for the beta, but dang…I want it back!

I got the email. However, I still have the the associated achievement on both beta and non-beta characters and I can still pull down the title. The mail is in error; your achievement should be fine.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The email is in error. However, at least for me, nothing was changed on my account:

• I can show the title on non-beta characters.
  • I can display it on beta toons, too.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Got one too when I logged in.

Don’t even have the GWAMM title.. from what I remember all I have legit actually achieved was a few of the heritage skins. Weird.

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

I was just very confused by the in-game mail, as I did actually earn it. A follow-up message with an explanation to those receiving the original message in error would’ve been nice, but atleast it seems to be fixed now.

Thanks for being protective of our hard-earned titles A-net!

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

If this bug is due to beta tests merging with live servers then you have your lesson, Guild Wars has some one of the most dangerous bugs.

Posted by: solstice.1847

solstice.1847

We have a fix for this bug ready and it will be included with the next game update. Until that time, please try using the workaround posted above by Gaile. If this workaround is not working for you, the fix in the next game update will hopefully solve the issue.

There was an update released today (11-Aug-2015). I don’t see anything about title or Hall of Monuments fixes in the release notes.

Was it just missed from the release notes, or did this fix not make it into today’s update?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

There was an update released today (11-Aug-2015). I don’t see anything about title or Hall of Monuments fixes in the release notes.

Was it just missed from the release notes, or did this fix not make it into today’s update?

Looks like they just didn’t’ mention it in the patch notes. I made two key characters and didn’t’ get the letter and my points stayed as they should.