HoM skins - icon issues after transmutation

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ConfusedDave.4271

ConfusedDave.4271

When I obtained the “Chimeric Prism” skin from Kimmes the Historian, it had a nice funky blue icon which looks like the prism. However, once I used it on my “Berserker’s Pearl Conch”, the nice icon went away, and I am stuck with the generic focus icon in the UI. The weapon looks correct on my character, but I keep nearly selling it by mistake because it now looks like something rubbish. The generic icon displays in the preview window as well, if you try to preview the original skin item.

Attachments:

(edited by ConfusedDave.4271)

ConfusedDave.4271

It appears the same thing happens for the “Centurions Claw” dagger skin as well. It’s worth noting that if you preview directly from the Kimmes merchant window, the correct icon shows, but if you preview from the item once you’ve obtained it, you get the generic icon. Weird huh!

I’ve tested the “Gnarled Walking Stick” and “Wayward Wand” as well, and those both behave properly and the icons are retained when the skin is used.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Transmuted icons are bugged. They are not applied properly.
- HoM icons of some weapons are not always applied properly to the item in the inventory.
- ALL transmuted items will show the original item’s icon when show on a vendor listing. All of them. No exceptions. So make sure to doublecheck what you are selling, stats are names, or you may get a REALLY nasty surprise.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Oh. I forgot to mention.

This is the list of all HoM weapons that present the wrong icon once transmuted, and the icon they present instead the correct one.

• Centurions Claw – Common fine dagger.
  • Wheelock Rifle – Common fine rifle.
  • Chimeric Prism Focus – Common fine focus.
  • Longbow – Common fine longbow icon.
  • Fellblade – Common fine one-handed sword icon (this one isn’t even a greatsword icon)

And, again, all items present the “Wrong ion on Sell and Buyback panels” bug.
All of them will show the original base item’s icon instead the current transmuted one, regardless of how and when they were transmuted, not just the HoM ones.

Attachments:

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

ConfusedDave.4271

Nice work Mithran. Good to know in more detail what’s happening. With any luck a dev with a perfectionist streak will see this and Simply Have To Fix Them

ConfusedDave.4271

This bug is still in existence, so bumping the thread for visibility, seeing as this forum is now getting some dev attention!

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

This bug/issue has been in GW2 since launch, sad its still not fixed.

(If i feel like it i may edit this post to mention other bugged HoM weapon skins)

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

Still not fixed or even commented on by ANet staff. But seeing that 90% of Dev Posts are lately about the TP or rather the Gem Store only … One needs to set priorities!